IGNORED

DVD Audio Extractor: Pressure Developer to Add DTS-HD Decoder Support

JediJoker

I use HDBRStreamextractor (a GUI for eac3to) to extract the MKV decrypted ripped mts files. Two steps, full max 24/192 DTS-HD-MA decoding to FLAC (24/96 for multichannel). Yes, a workable dtsdecoder.dll is needed in eac3to's stack.

New eac3to GUI: HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor - Doom9's Forum

Is there a way to get it to do the chapters automatically? Here's an example, I've ripped Dire Straits Alchemy as a full backup using MKV, I'm now using HDBRSe and have selected the title I know is the main movie (24GB) and have selected 1) Chapters as txt and 4) DTS Master Audio extract as wav and it looks like it's extracting as just a single wave file.

What comes next?

• 3 weeks later...

Have completely sussed this out now and wanted to pass it on, all freeware.

1) Use MakeMKV and back up your Blu-ray disc

2) Use Audiomuxer, select Tools > Extract Audio From Blu-ray (navigate into the Blu-ray back up's BDMV folder > PLAYLIST folder > select the first .mpls file and see if it has the running time and audio tracks of the main feature, if not open the 2nd one, etc., until you find the main movie's playlist.

3) Select the dts-ma file and select "Load In AudioMuxer And Split In Chapters" and also check "Export to FLAC" - press EXTRACT

4) Tag your files using AudioMuxer's prompt

5) Manually rename your .flac files once it's completed, the metadata will already be correct including tags and the files will be properly chaptered instead of one big long file.

AudioMuxer's free download already includes all the plugins including a proper dts-ma decoder and MKVextract/merge, etc.

Easy two step solution doesn't require any eac3to CMD prompt knowledge.

If you choose to back up your Blu-ray as an .mkv file using MakeMKV, simply select Extract Audio from MKV/MKA file instead.

Of course for TrueHD and LPCM just use DVDAE on the MakeMKV back-up.

• 4 months later...