IGNORED

The Worst Songs Of All Time?

Anything by Steve Miller aka The Pompatus of Love.

Why can't you recognize Miller's "Abracadabra" for the piece of awesomeness that it is?

:P

Among others I might name, I have to nominate Manfred Mann's slaughtering of Springsteen's "Blinded by the Light". How did they ever turn this into an overplayed pop song after changing "cut up like a deuce" into "wrapped up like a douche"? smh

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

I wanna reach out and grab ya.

Lyrical genius.

Indeed! Thoughtful poetry combined with an enchanting melody!

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

Anything by Yoko Ono

I could never get thru' an entire side of Double Fantasy despite the great Lennon songs on offer. I was really happy to get the digital version allowing me to easily skip past the screeching!

I never liked Paul's post-Beatles stuff. Always preferred Paul Simon. If we're limited to Pauls, that is.

Pretty much anyone would agree that McCartney's best work happened when teamed with Lennon and George Martin. But this is a list of the "Worst Songs Evah"! With so many worthy candidates

you're gonna go Sir Paul?

Mmm- if you treat the music as just a slate to write on, then the lyrics make a lot more sense. Depressing, but sense.

I was never much of a Springsteen fan during HS/college during the 70-80s. But that changed when a friend turned me onto this Woody Guthrie tribute album

https://www.amazon.com/Number-Plays-Music-Woody-Guthrie/dp/B00004SR2K

There are several really well done performances on the album including a powerful, poignant cover of "Plane Wreck at Los Gatos" by Springsteen. Just that one song made me wonder what else I was missing in my ignoring/ignorance of Springsteen's work. Under the hype (and occasionally simple chords) is a wonderfully talented musician/poet.

The entirety of the Rolling Stones discography

Unless this comment was tongue in cheek, you sir, should be ashamed! I've loved the Beatles since I was a small boy in 1964, but to besmirch anyone as talented as the Stones is unforgivable if you truly value music and are capable of appreciating it.

JC

While I admit my comment was over-the-top, I'm not the tiniest bit ashamed. The Beatles >>>> Rolling Stones. Hell, Wings >> Rolling Stones. The "Stones probably don't deserve to be in this thread but I always change the station when the Stones come on. YMMV.