IGNORED

Schiit Multibits vs Chord Mojo

Now that Schiit has three multibit DACs that are fairly reasonably priced, (Modi Multibit, Bifrost Multibit, and Gungnir Multibit), I was wondering if anyone has heard/compared any of the above DACs to the Chord Mojo. The Mojo has good reviews, but I don't listen to headphones, so I would prefer to go with a DAC that doesn't have a headphone amplifier and isn't portable.

Input to this DAC will be from an Auralic Aries Mini music player/streamer, if that makes any difference.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edincleve

Not exactly, but I preferred (and bought) Gumby over Chord Hugo after a shootout between them in my own system. Happy with the purchase and paired with microRendu & NAS many have raved about the sound quality, and more than one has ordered a Gumby.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

I think R2R DACs generally sound quite different than Chord DACs so for most people, it comes down to personal preferences. I'm so biased towards Chord DACs that I actually prefer Chord Mojo to most DACs, even MSB Diamond DAC IV. And I think many people would call me crazy. Ideally, you really want to hear both but I understand that's not always practical.

Whereas for me, I almost exclusively listen to classical music. And I find Chord DACs to present instruments more naturally. However, I have heard many on multiple forums who also listen to classical music and they feel that R2R DACs present musical instruments more naturally. So like I said before, it's a preference. My only caveat is that the two R2R DACs I've listened to in my life are the MSB Diamond DAC IV and the MSB Analog DAC. So it's possible I might change my mind if I get to hear more Schiit or Metrum DACs.

Whereas for me, I almost exclusively listen to classical music. And I find Chord DACs to present instruments more naturally. However, I have heard many on multiple forums who also listen to classical music and they feel that R2R DACs present musical instruments more naturally. So like I said before, it's a preference. My only caveat is that the two R2R DACs I've listened to in my life are the MSB Diamond DAC IV and the MSB Analog DAC. So it's possible I might change my mind if I get to hear more Schiit or Metrum DACs.

Thanks, ecwl

I too prefer classical music, although we do listen to a few other things occasionally, such as vocals and jazz.

Which of the Chord DACs to you use? My budget is probably more limited, so I can only afford the Chord Mojo, which doesn't seem like a very good desktop (non-portable) solution.

I have a Yggy and a Chord 2 Qute and like them both a lot . With Acoustic music I favor the Yggy , with the Chord 2qute it might be electronica .

I just switch back and forth

Overall I believe the Yggy is the better dac.

Thanks hornytoad

Unfortunately, even though I prefer classical, other acoustical music, the Yggy is beyond my budget. Maybe I'll give the Gungnir a try.

Thanks, ecwl

I too prefer classical music, although we do listen to a few other things occasionally, such as vocals and jazz.

Which of the Chord DACs to you use?

Chord DAVE and Chord Mojo. But yes, setting up the Mojo as a desktop DAC is not very convenient. But people who love the sound and are on a budget do it.