IGNORED

How can I force rescan Lib in A+

I can't get A+ to rescan my Lib. In the past if I had issues I would go (on my Mac) to top menu option on the Go menu/Library/App support/ Audirvana and inside that folder was 3 files to replace:

Audirvanapluslibrary.sqlite

Audirvanapluslibrary-shm

Audirvanapluslibrary-wal

I would trash them do a restart and all was good the 3 files would show up and on the restart it would ask me where my Library was and all that and then rescan, but now that folder is empty. I tried reinstalling A+ and got a large screen saying scanning library an hour ago I don't have that many files any way went ahead and in A+ clicked the library menu in A+ all files seem to be there but I tried to check inside the app support lib folder and still the 3 files aren't there. I did a shut down, a repair permissions because I'm running old Yosemite. I'm unto date in A+ 2.5.3 Please help?

You again :-)

Stop messing with A+ and listen to your music... all was good yesterday? no?

If you want to do a rescan of your library, you just open A+ preferences and do hit the sync button.

Wait till it finishes, like i showed you yesterday in the main window, then shut down A+. that's it.

When this is done the 3 files should be there... you don't remove them, displace them, touch them...

you can make a copy of that folder just in case your lib get screw for whatever reason. then you replace the 3 files with the last backup you have... but you will then be missing the last changes you have made.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Thanks that worked. I replaced the 3 files a way back when I posted I was getting duplicated files and was to to do that and it worked. I guess I didn't really replace them but my system did on a restart of my Mac it would ask me to show where my library was and all that and then it would rescan or reload all my files and the 3 new files would be in the app's support A+ folder again. Luckily I save the 3 files this time on my desktop I put them back in and I guess I'm running ok, because on restarting my Mac they weren't being replaced anymore so I won't touch them anymore. I hate to blame but in defense of me it wasn't my original idea.

Everytime i put a new album in my database, and do the tagging, when i close back A+ after a day or after a manual sync, i always copy and .zip those 3 files to a backup place, name with the date added, if ever a problem occur or database get corrupted, i'm only a day back or hours :-)

I worked so much to get that library perfect with all albums tagged like i want them, i don't want to lose it with an update of an OS System or Audirvana.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Everytime i put a new album in my database, and do the tagging, when i close back A+ after a day or after a manual sync, i always copy and .zip those 3 files to a backup place, name with the date added, if ever a problem occur or database get corrupted, i'm only a day back or hours :-)

I worked so much to get that library perfect with all albums tagged like i want them, i don't want to lose it with an update of an OS System or Audirvana.

I agree. I have been working hard to get my art work corrected and albums in the correct place thats why I post so much. I do a lot of listening. I just purchased a nice Klipsch Sub and sounding good. Klipsch Reference R-10SW Powered subwoofer at Crutchfield.com