Alchemy Desktop - touch friendly control interface for HQPlayer for Windows

dean70

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New 1.0.4.0 version is available. The list of changes below:

- Fixed: Playlist Album text is truncated in some cases
- Fixed: Custom Filter details not showing on album popup from right click
- Fixed: Cover art does not show when tracks or playlist first loaded
- Fixed: Track status display corrupted after playback completes with recent HQPlayer versions
- Changed: When filter map sample rate exceeds available dac mode sample rate, now defaults to Max available rate
- Changed: Updated to cater for new HQPlayer 3.19.0 library format
- New: Custom filter can now specify a specific sample rate
- New: Add option for auto playback as default and right click on Play button to toggle auto playback start as soon as tracks are loaded
- New: Add option to enable CD mode and show CD mode button when feature is available in HQPlayer version >=3.15.1
- New: Zone function to allow up to 8 independent playback zones. Select alternate HQPlayer config xml to load for zone
- New: Specify config to load for Zone when connected to remote HQPlayer over the network. Requires HQPlayer version >= 3.19.0
- New: Separate library and filter maps can be specified for a zone. Load specific default view for zone
- New: Dynamic replay gain stores per track gain adjustments when clipping occurs, which is loaded on next play to prevent any further clipping for that track
- New: Specify a replay gain offset for Fixed or Dynamic replay gain, which applies an additional 1-6db reduction for the whole album or playlist over the tag values. This is stored for the album or playlist where clipping is an issue with upsapmpling.
- New: Additional album & playlist context menu items to reset playback history

1.0.4.1 released with bug fixes:

•     Fixed: Track next/previous would not function with HQPlayer 3.20.0
  •     Fixed: Appcrash when last track finishes for dynamic replay gain mode
  •     Fixed: CD button not updated when switching to a zone with different cd configuration
  •     Fixed: Adding a second zone not updating the link button to show zone list dropdown
  • 2 months later...

1.0.4.2 released with some fixes for remote connections:

•  Fixed: Connection timeout issues with remote HQPlayer
  •  Fixed: Verify function in remote setup not functioning correctly
  •  Changed: Now shows HQPlayer version and platform when connected

Improved support for HQPlayer Embedded. Filter names mapped to Desktop equivalent to allow the same filter maps to be used across platforms.

Hi, When I try to add music files to play, I'm getting the message "Playlist contains tracks on a local drive that cannot be sent to rem..." I'm connected to a local HQPlayer connected to a NAA endpoint (SOTM sms-200). I don't have any issue when using HQPlayer on its own.

1 hour ago, Lukasluis said:

Hi, I upsample all my music to DSD and it works flawlessly in HQPlayer. I can't seem to get it working with Alchemy. Is there a guide which I could follow? Thanks.

Hi, I managed to get DSD upsampling working however the Folder View no longer show the root folders.   

1 hour ago, Lukasluis said:

Hi, I managed to get DSD upsampling working however the Folder View no longer show the root folders.   

Hi, I managed to again see the root directories by adding 2nd Music drive instead of selecting its root folder and adding it to the directory. However I can't seem to make the default Output to SDM(DSD). It always chooses Auto and I can't pull down the arrow. 

Alchemy screen grab.PNG

On 19/03/2018 at 4:30 AM, dean70 said:

Adding each of your music drives/shares in Library setup will show all the folders combined.

Is HQPlayer running on the same PC?

There is a getting started guide in the start menu under the Alchemy folder.

Check that you are running the latest version 1.0.4.3

Hi Dean,

I can now see all the folders. 

HQPlayer is running on the same PC and I am running the latest version.

I could not seem to pull down the arrow that shows "PCM Default Default Auto". I would like to default it to DSD instead of Auto. How can this be done?

43 minutes ago, dean70 said:

I have noticed you have this issue

This would be related to the filter dropdown not working. This occurs when HQPlayer returns no filter data for a given format.

If output mode is "Auto", then filter and shaper data are empty with just "Default". Because the filter and shaper lists are different for PCM and SDM, and in Auto mode HQPlayer can be switching between PCM and SDM output modes on the fly.

Lists are returned only if you select either PCM or SDM output mode. Only DAC where "Auto" output mode is sensible in first place is Holo Audio Spring DAC, and to some limited extent T+A DAC8 DSD. Because these have two different DACs in one box.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, Miska said:

If output mode is "Auto", then filter and shaper data are empty with just "Default". Because the filter and shaper lists are different for PCM and SDM, and in Auto mode HQPlayer can be switching between PCM and SDM output modes on the fly.

Lists are returned only if you select either PCM or SDM output mode. Only DAC where "Auto" output mode is sensible in first place is Holo Audio Spring DAC, and to some limited extent T+A DAC8 DSD. Because these have two different DACs in one box.

In this case, defining filter map entries to set the output to a specific mode should resolve the issue of the filter dropdown being disabled.

The display could probably be made clearer when auto output mode is selected.

Just now, dean70 said:

In this case, defining filter map entries to set the output to a specific mode should resolve the issue of the filter dropdown being disabled.

The display could probably be made clearer when auto output mode is selected.

Hi Dean,

If I want only 1 map for everything, what should I choose from the 2nd column. Also, I can't seem to add the selection/combination after I press the "+" button. To test I tried to select "Acapella" in the 2nd column but it seems that it can't add.

Alchemy Filter Maps.png

Just now, Miska said:

Hi Mika,

Here is my output mode. I can't seem to get the list show up. 

5ab1e9425f497_HQPMainPage.thumb.PNG.65bd27c135e9dae9991a1e266d48a2fa.PNG