IGNORED

New DAC?

The US$2,000–US$4,000 price range?

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

I know nothing about the Mytek but I'm absolutely loving the T+A DAC 8 DSD with HQP and Roon.

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

Consider the PS Audio DirectStream. Easily competitive with the other great DACs you mentioned.

DirectStream DAC | PS Audio

+1

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800

T+a dac 8 dsd or Mytek Manhattan II? Any other contenders in this price range? I am using HQPlayer/Roon combination.

I like the Wadia 321. Its almost as good as my 861SE, and at a much lower price. Cable Company sells Wadia, so if you live in the US, they can probably send you one to demo.

The Mytek Manhattan II is expected to retail for $5,995 for the initial base model. Not sure if it's been released yet...

I think you can order them now online. Stunning looking DAC, with some nice features. Seems a lot of cash though for a single chip architecture.

Front End: Neet Airstream

Digital Processing: Chord Hugo M-Scaler

DAC: Chord Dave

Amplification: Cyrus Mono x300 Signatures

Speakers: Kudos Titan T88

The PS Audio DirectStream Junior is right at the top of your price range. IMO, that and the T+A DAC 8 DSD are potentially excellent choices, but you really need to audition before you make your final decision. The Mytek Manhattan II looks like it will be good, but it's another jump up in cost (and as Paul mentioned, it's in the same range as the "senior" DirectStream).

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5