IGNORED

Anyone has information of 16/44.075 or 18/44.075 format

The reason I ask for such information originates from a forum in HK regarding a CD gift from the 2016 AV show. The CD sounds weird to me and the tracks therein sound quite different from those I have (they should be of the same source) but to some they are normal. Some alleged that the CD is of inverted phase or out of phase (I believe the correct term for the Chinese term 反相 is inverted phase). I do not intend to discuss on the quality of the CD or whether it is inverted phase.

Some alleged that the reason for the problem is of 44.075kHZ format which I never heard of. I have searched on internet and could not find any relevant result apart from that HK forum. Anyone who has idea about this 44.075kHZ format?

MetalNuts

The only sampling rate just under standard 44.1 that I've heard of was 44.056 kHz, used for early digital recordings when the output of the PCM processor was to be written to tape by an NTSC video tape recorder: 245 lines by 3 samples by 59.94 fields per second. I think most of these recordings got transferred to CD with a slight speed up instead of resampling, but very few people would be bothered by the change in pitch (1.7 cents, far less than the variation in tuning from one ensemble to another).

The only sampling rate just under standard 44.1 that I've heard of was 44.056 kHz, used for early digital recordings when the output of the PCM processor was to be written to tape by an NTSC video tape recorder: 245 lines by 3 samples by 59.94 fields per second. I think most of these recordings got transferred to CD with a slight speed up instead of resampling, but very few people would be bothered by the change in pitch (1.7 cents, far less than the variation in tuning from one ensemble to another).

I don't think that slight difference in sampling rate from 44.1 KHz matters. There may be a slight pitch change, but as you say, it's negligible, and I doubt seriously if even the musicians who made the recordings would or could notice it. but, like you, I cannot imagine the purpose of recording at 44.075 KHz rather than at 44.1 KHz. That's a difference of only 25 Hz which is only 1/17,645th part of 44.1 KHz and thus hardly relevant!

George

Is the CD pressed? If so, is the same exact CD available in stores for purchase?

There is no concluded issue occurred to the CD. The CD is pressed as a hybrid SACD/CD and is named as 2016 The Perfect Sound which was given to entrants to the show and a limited quantity should be available for sale locally.

MetalNuts

I've never heard of a CD using 44075 Hz sample rate. If you were to rip a track and share it, perhaps someone could tell if there's something odd with it. In what way does it sound weird?

Sony PCM 44.056 kHz (in the early days) which they quickly drop had a pitch problem in format change to 44.1 kHz.

There is no pressed CD in an other format than 44.1 kHz, audiophiles around the world should be careful with magic mushroom.