IGNORED

OraStream Brio App

Plays local? Plays local files over the network with uPNP which I don't have, so didn't test this.

Other than that, it's a streaming/buying service that stores music in the cloud you've purchased. Lossless playback at redbook.

I'm not into streaming, so of little interest with the opening page music I never heard of.

The software installed easy enough on Win7 with no hiccups.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

OraStream BRIO is intended to:

- bring all of a user's personal music sources (and formats) in one interface; from iTunes, music folders (in PC), music folders (in external drives, memory cards, etc,), NAS drive (using FTP credentials)

- bring all of a user's in-home audio output devices in the same interface; desktop-attached DAC & audio devices, networked-audio devices (if available), BRIO web client browser (in-home and outside of home)

- user selects an audio source input, audio destination output and "Play"

- BRIO handles all necessary audio processing (e.g. downmix multi-channel to stereo for local playback, DSD transcode to PCM for web audio playback) in home and network adaptive streaming for playback out-of-home

- Supports FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, DSD (in web browser audio only).

It is a beta-release to gather feedback from beta-users' tests.

• 4 months later...
We released BRIO for iOS app.

With the BRIO desktop (server) app, users can conveniently remote access/stream personal music libraries in source formats/resolutions on an iPhone, iPad while "on-the-go" and "in-car".

Using OraStream's adaptive streaming, high res audio streaming is at the highest quality possible depending on network (conditions). Appreciate feedback/comments.

Sounds cool, but as far as I can see, this is very early build software:

1. No interface for defining music sources - is it supposed to be "automatic"?
  2. No interface for configuring outputs - again, is it supposed to automatic?
  3. No provision to test play back to mobile clients without a "subscription", and no obvious way to sign up to a subscription
  4. I think I saw somewhere that the mobile subscription would be free to users who already had a streaming subscription to Naxos Music Library, but no place to enter that information
  5. Login to the Naxos streaming service actually attempts to pull up the ClassicsOnline login, but the login interface never loads (only the background graphic)
  6. Albums are not presented as albums (i.e., using tags) - it seems only file browsing is possible - not exactly user friendly :/

So, right now, I can only play back locally on my server or remotely via web client, and only one file at at time, as far as I can tell. This sounds like a great idea (i.e., a universal music server with on-the-fly transcoding and ability to stream over the Internet, etc.), but I can't figure out how to configure it to make it work - certainly not intuitive.

Thanks for letting us take a look.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Sounds cool, but as far as I can see, this is very early build software:

1. No interface for defining music sources - is it supposed to be "automatic"?
  2. No interface for configuring outputs - again, is it supposed to automatic?
  3. No provision to test play back to mobile clients without a "subscription", and no obvious way to sign up to a subscription
  4. I think I saw somewhere that the mobile subscription would be free to users who already had a streaming subscription to Naxos Music Library, but no place to enter that information
  5. Login to the Naxos streaming service actually attempts to pull up the ClassicsOnline login, but the login interface never loads (only the background graphic)
  6. Albums are not presented as albums (i.e., using tags) - it seems only file browsing is possible - not exactly user friendly :/

So, right now, I can only play back locally on my server or remotely via web client, and only one file at at time, as far as I can tell. This sounds like a great idea (i.e., a universal music server with on-the-fly transcoding and ability to stream over the Internet, etc.), but I can't figure out how to configure it to make it work - certainly not intuitive.

Thanks for letting us take a look.

Hi John,

Thanks for feedback. It is an early build and we're still adding core functions; an Android client and up-loader (to cloud locker for users who do not wish to keep BRIO desktop PC always on) are still outstanding.

On the clarifications:

1. music sources are automatically scanned and detected on BRIO desktop's left-side tabs.

2. outputs are automatically scanned (local and networked speakers) and shown on BRIO desktop's Settings tab

3. prior to subscribing for mobile app streaming (now iOS only), it's best to check that remote access to BRIO desktop (server) is possible via web-browser client login. This first requires enabling UPnP in the user's home router - read the "how-to" section.

Features/subscription details are displayed by clicking on Subscribe; mobile app subscription is S$15 per year (about US$10.50 annually). There isn't a trial period for mobile streaming on account that users can establish (with web-browser streaming) whether remote access/streaming of his or her personal music library is a definitive use case.

4. Mobile subscription is free for OraStream users who are active subscribers of Naxos Music and JazzMessengers (latter only available in Europe and Asia) operated under OraStream. BRIO automatically checks and informs active subscribers that mobile subscription is free when subscribers actually click to pay (if s/he missed the messaging).

5. Naxos Music and Jazzmessengers are OraStream-owned services that are accessible on BRIO. (Classics Online is not available on BRIO yet).

6. Albums presentation is now only available for the iTunes library. All other audio sources (in hard-drives, music folders, NAS) are presented via a file explorer interface. This would be converted to album presentation too when the outstanding core features are completed.

• 3 months later...
On 12/28/2016 at 0:12 AM, OraStream said:

Features/subscription details are displayed by clicking on Subscribe; mobile app subscription is S$15 per year (about US$10.50 annually). There isn't a trial period for mobile streaming on account that users can establish (with web-browser streaming) whether remote access/streaming of his or her personal music library is a definitive use case.

Click on Subscribe where?  I've looked all over the server app, the orastream and brio web pages, etc.  No clue.

1 hour ago, cheezmo said:

Click on Subscribe where?  I've looked all over the server app, the orastream and brio web pages, etc.  No clue.

Hi Cheezmo - Subscribe link is at the top right hand corner of the page - beside  Search. See screen capture attached. Thanks.58f232b46ccdf_BRIOSubscribetext.thumb.jpg.b82fb80ec8f5c7bf91f8277cd3e21143.jpg