IGNORED

New Metallica - Hardwired

It's not totally bricked / crunchy like Death Magnetic was, but it's ear-bleedingly shrill. There's also a nasty burst of what sounds like white noise on each of the kick drum hits. Hopefully it's just the Youtube audio, but I have a bad feeling about this...

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

If this song is supposed to somewhat define stylistically their next album I'd say I'm afraid it's unfortunately gonna be 'Death Magnetic 2'. Kind of. I'd rather see them going in direction of 'Black Album 2' or 'Load/Reload 2'. I'm afraid they will never again record 'Something new - on the cutting edge - 1'. MHO.

If this song is supposed to somewhat define stylistically their next album I'd say I'm afraid it's unfortunately gonna be 'Death Magnetic 2'. Kind of. I'd rather see them going in direction of 'Black Album 2' or 'Load/Reload 2'. I'm afraid they will never again record 'Something new - on the cutting edge - 1'. MHO.

im the opposite. This album sounds more thrash like the early stuff on master of puppets. I like it way more that the polished stuff after And justice for all.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

im the opposite. This album sounds more thrash like the early stuff on master of puppets. I like it way more that the polished stuff after And justice for all.
Well, I'm not a typical Metallica fan, I know that. They usually hate Load/Reload wich I value high. As for their early stuff I like 'Master..' best. Though its sound is well below par.

BTW do you know Beatallica.? Loads-of-fun cover band..

This track is reminiscent of early Metallica with an edge and not so polished. I like it

Hrrrmm... That does sound promising. I'll have to poke around and see what the other tracks sound like. I agree though, this track does remind me of their old school sound which I like allot…

Though, I do also like the Black Album almost as much as the old stuff and find it to be their best sounding album by a long shot.

Just got tickets to see Metallica tonight at US Bank Stadium here in Minneapolis. Excited to see them.
The fact that the chief-founder of the site doesn't have a fat belly and doesn't listen to Chesky Records only (like some audiophiles do) is a very positive and uplifting thing! :)
It's not totally bricked / crunchy like Death Magnetic was , but it's ear-bleedingly shrill. There's also a nasty burst of what sounds like white noise on each of the kick drum hits. Hopefully it's just the Youtube audio, but I have a bad feeling about this ...

Cancel that, I figured something funny was going on - and it was. The laptop I used had "SRS Premium Sound" enabled. Once I terminated it with EXTREME prejudice, the clip sounded much better balanced. The kick drum still sounds a bit odd, though.

I do like the actual music. I'm looking forward to the rest of the album.

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.