IGNORED

New launch - SPDIF iPurifier

Hi @AMR/iFi audio

I need a quick note on my setup and in order to choose the right product. I am using a SOTA ESS 9038PRO chip based DAC (SMSL M500) and am using the below streaming options:

Setup 1 - PC-USB to DAC USB: I feel that the background is not as black, so would the iPurifier3 USB filter be helpful?

Setup 2 - Chromecast Audio Optical to same DAC: I feel the background is very dark and nice already and wonder if in my setup, the SPDIF iPurifier2 would be helpful as my DAC's 9038 Pro's chip has DPLL so would be removing jitter and resampling/reclocking anyways?

lastly, in case you do recommend the SPDIF iPurifier2 (which I'm guessing you will😉), would you advise connecting the SPDIF into the DAC (like a toslink to SPDIF convertor mode) or the Toslink out to theDAC? Again the source will be the Chromecast Audio?

Thanks

Shoaib

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 10:29 PM, Tucker said:

Can someone explain all the technical differences between SPDIF Ipurifier and SPDIF Ipurifier 2? It's somewhat unclear from the marketing.

And how much better are the SPDIF Ipurifier 2 than the original version?

Better/updated quality parts as you can read on several website.

On 8/14/2017 at 3:36 AM, bunno77 said:

I've hooked mine up between a gen3 apple TV and a Cambridge Audio 551r receiver, optical > spdif. Makes a decent increase in performance with no downside. Pretty happy with it. 

Same in my situation with gen3 Apple TV to Chord Qutest DAC Coaxial connector. I did this primarily because this DAC has only one optical/toslink input. So, a win-win situation.

• 1 month later...

Bought the new SPDIF Ipurifier 2 some time ago and have to say it bettered the original SPDIF clearly. Noticed right away more resolution, air, ambience, rhytm and musicality. But it needs some time to show its best, maybe 100 hours+. I power it up with Allo Shanti linear power supply. The cables I use with it are Lifatec optical cables with toslink to miniplug ends.