IGNORED

New launch - SPDIF iPurifier

I was a die-hard supporter of the "CD's need to be played in a CD player" theory, mainly because in this way the signal goes from the pickup to the DAC via i2s signals. Hence the clock is always present, separated from data, always jitter-free. This is opposed to SPDIF that embeds the clock with the data and hence is prone to jitter during transmission and recovery.

Well, I just jumped in the Chromecast Audio bandwagon. Bought two of them - one for the living room Denon AVR-3808CI receiver and one for the bedroom that has a new-to-me multibit DAC (PCM63J-K fed by a Yamaha SM5843A SPDIF receiver).

Needless to say that the receiver doesn't need any jitter-reduction because of the internal DSP processing (dual processors, lots of RAM).

But I tought that the multibit DAC was in need (can bennefit) of a cleaner SPDIF signal than what CCA can provide (Toslink is notoriously prone to jiiter), so... I have ordered the SPDIF iPurifier. Can't wait to hear the results.

It is nice that the results of the jitter performance where posted here, I think they should be posted on the iFi website too (I didn't find anything as technical there).

LE: I understand that the buffer memory is used in an adaptive mode, based on the incoming jitter, but I was wondering what's the actual size of the used memory?