IGNORED

Unintentional Room Correction

Hi,

I've just 'corrected' my room by removing a large flatscreen TV from my hifi area and replacing it with a projector. There was no intention on my part to alter the room for audio purposes, it was purely to declutter the area.

Suddenly ... waaay more bass (and it's tight), better imaging, and some 3D aspects to the sound which were not there before. I've disengaged my sub, which is something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

I guess it's easy to forget how certain items in a room can affect the sound. I'm almost embarrassed that I spend so much timing fiddling with cables etc. when something so simple can make such a dramatic improvement to the sound. The best bit is I wasn't even trying!

mac_and_dac

Front End: Neet Airstream

Digital Processing: Chord Hugo M-Scaler

DAC: Chord Dave

Amplification: Cyrus Mono x300 Signatures

Speakers: Kudos Titan T88

Yep,

It's actually more peaceful being able to stare ahead and not see a TV.

My new DAC arrived today, incidentally; I think it's going to have to sit in its box for a few days until I get used to this 'new' sound.

Good idea. Try also to remove the coffee table in front of you. You might get impressed with that too ;)

best KnockKnock

Hi,I've just 'corrected' my room by removing a large flatscreen TV from my hifi area and replacing it with a projector. There was no intention on my part to alter the room for audio purposes, it was purely to declutter the area.Suddenly ... waaay more bass (and it's tight), better imaging, and some 3D aspects to the sound which were not there before. I've disengaged my sub, which is something I've been wanting to do for a long time.I guess it's easy to forget how certain items in a room can affect the sound. I'm almost embarrassed that I spend so much timing fiddling with cables etc. when something so simple can make such a dramatic improvement to the sound. The best bit is I wasn't even trying!mac_and_dac

Good idea. Try also to remove the coffee table in front of you. You might get impressed with that too ;)

best KnockKnock

No way! I love coffee too much!

I cover my TV with a large blanket when listening to music seriously. You can probably reduce sound reflection off the coffee table by doing the same thing. I used to move the coffee table out of the way but eventually I just threw out the coffee table as it's getting old and I rarely use it.