IGNORED

Terry Riley music

The Ragazze Quartet in collaboration with Slagwerk Den Haag and jazz trio Kapok produce a contemporary music dynamic range spectacular in their album Four Four Three,

Additionally while it was recorded with the Grimm AD1 in 64fs, it was post processed in DXD, then upconverted to all the deliverable DSD rates, plus the DXD edited master.

If that wasn't enough, it's just been reviewed by Stereophile's Jason Victor Serinus

Terry Riley's Music at its Most Sensational | Stereophile.com

Four Four Three is also a treat for Surround Sound fans.

It was recorded with the musicians in a circle and the microphones in the center. So you get a 360 degree, immersive Surround Sound performance of this album in Multichannel DSD playing some very eclectic music. What Jared Sacks calls a "Full Multichannel DSD Recording" in his blog post on recording the album.

Definitely worth a listen for fans of Riley's music and Surround Sound.

Four Four Three - 37816.jpg

Full Multichannel DSD Recording, music from Terry Riley - Native DSD Blog

https://channelclassics.nativedsd.com/albums/37816-four-four-three

And it sounds really good "just" in stereo. Thanks, tailspn

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

After I saw these guys with cheap IKEA paper lamps on their heads I lost interest to quality of sound somehow. And, I never was able to listen In C until the end, either in author's performance or somebody's else. His other recordings, such as Sri Camel or Songs for Ten Voices are better for my ears.

After I saw these guys with cheap IKEA paper lamps on their heads I lost interest to quality of sound somehow. And, I never was able to listen In C until the end, either in author's performance or somebody's else. His other recordings, such as Sri Camel or Songs for Ten Voices are better for my ears.

Try In C Mali, the recording by a one-off group of African musicians that came out last year. It's a real perspective-changer.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

Try In C Mali, the recording by a one-off group of African musicians that came out last year. It's a real perspective-changer.
I love Terry Riley music and I love African music, some musicians from Mali included. However, very much separately one from other. By some reason fusion idea doesn't work in every case as fascinating as it may be conceived.
The Ragazze Quartet in collaboration with Slagwerk Den Haag and jazz trio Kapok produce a contemporary music dynamic range spectacular in their album Four Four Three

Additionally while it was recorded with the Grimm AD1 in 64fs, it was post processed in DXD, then upconverted to all the deliverable DSD rates, plus the DXD edited master.

Hi Tom,

Does it go into this detail on the NATIVEDSD site anywhere? I could only see the reference in Tech Specs to the 64fs recording, so I bought that, whereas, as you will now have guessed, I would have bought the DXD if I'd known it was the Edit Master. I see they are the same price: any chance of a swap?

Best

Craig