IGNORED

My PC can't boot and mainboard can't recognize SSD. Who ever experienced this? Need help..

Just because a PC component is audiophile grade does not necessarily mean it is compliant to applicable specifications.

For example, SATA & USB cables can be all over the place in terms of their impedance specs, especially differential impedance. Ironically, heavily fortified audio grade cables can have excessively high capacitance that can adversely affect signal integrity. If the differential impedance of the cable is out of spec, the signal waveform will be distorted by the time it reaches the receiving end. This can easily lead to intermittent or failed detection of attached storage devices.

Also, improper use of ferrites can impact things like power delivery systems. Ferrites are typically intended as chokes to help block high frequencies, and are often deployed to mitigate EMC (electromagnetic compatibility) issues such as radiated emissions exceeding allowed limits for an electronic device. Ferrites have inductance which can oppose change in current, and in worst case can induce undesirable voltage spikes that can exceed the limits of active electronics.

Unfortunately, things like cable impedance are not easily measured. A Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR) setup involving an expensive oscilloscope is often required. This means most people buying exotic cables for their audio gear have no hope of verifying the cables meet the critical specs for optimum operation, and systems built up using such components end up with intermittent behavior or hard failures.

To the OP, it sounds like your troubles are heavily focused in the SATA subsystem. I'd recommend looking at all the parts used in the SATA end-to-end subsystem and temporarily swapping them with "normal" PC parts to see if the drive detection failures can be narrowed down to specific parts. The SATA cables are likely prime suspects, but if the drives (e.g. SSD) have been "beefed up" they can also cause trouble.

My overall point is that audio-optimized PCs can have spec non-compliance issues affecting robust operation, but troubleshooting these may not be easy or quick. Very few manufacturers will make spec claims for their products such as impedance meeting specifications. USB cables are supposed to have 90 ohms +/-15% of differential characteristic impedance, per the USB 2.0 Specification. I have no idea how many audiophile USB cables actually meet this spec.

Thanks for giving me a cacle knowledge. I've never knew it b4. Now i expected the cause come from SSD either or cables.

because after i replaced them with standard products, they worked normally.

- samsung OS SSD + standard cable + WD 4TB HDD + standard cable, worked normally.

- samsung OS SSD + standard cable + WD 4TB HDD + PPA black SATA, pc didn't see WD 4TB HDD.

- samsung OS SSD + standard cable + WD 4TB HDD + PPA Sarah SATA, pc didn't see WD 4TB HDD.

- samsung OS SSD + PPA black SATA + WD 4TB HDD + standard cable, didn't boot.

- samsung OS SSD + PPA Sarah SATA + WD 4TB HDD + standard cable, didn't boot.

- OCXO SSD + standard cable + WD 4TB HDD + standard cable, didn't boot.

- OCXO SSD + standard cable - no data HDD, didn't boot (it indicated that it is not about not enough power issue ( i used LPSU 350w and another LPSU 30W for usb card)

Each of above trial, i do 4-5 times each to make sure that the result are the same.

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

Any virus in the music files that are downloaded could be transferred to the server.

But- that's very good he will be checking out the system. I hope it's something simple. Best of luck!

Thanks Linn124.

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

I had a very similar situation with PPA SATA cables.

Paul will visit me on 19th this month.

So i will ask him about this because not only me and you that experienced this. There are many..

Paul will visit me on 19th this month.

So i will ask him about this because not only me and you that experienced this. There are many..

He has sent me the replacement cable, but it it still did not work. He stopped replying to my emails after that. I have two of his SATA cables lying around. Great customer service! Would be nice if you can mention it to him.

He has sent me the replacement cable, but it it still did not work. He stopped replying to my emails after that. I have two of his SATA cables lying around. Great customer service! Would be nice if you can mention it to him.

Ok. I will gather all problems up for him.

If any of you guys have the same problem, please leave your comment here. It may useful for him.

I'll leave my comments but they'll be nothing I haven't said before.

Poor customer service; low reiiability products; new products received as non-functioning; low compatibility with other products; not honoring his warranties; etc etc etc

One thing i am so worried is He will surely come visit me?

If my music server still doesn't work after replacing new parts (SSDs and cables), what will he do next?

Refund me? I don't think so.

I've just posted him on facebook about hotel reservation today but he doesn't comfirm me back yet.

Hope he will not break his promise

This has come up before in other threads, but while I've had some minor issues with Paul (occasional long periods of no communication, e.g.), most of my experiences have been positive, and thankfully I haven't had a non-working part or component. Closest I've come is the current H170M-PLUS I'm using from him that he modded with a TCXO does have its display go in and out at random periods (occurs in BIOS menu and across multiple Intel drivers/Windows installs, and also both from the DVI port and HDMI port, over two different monitors, so I know it's probably hardware related), but it always stabilizes and nothing else is faulty. Could also be a BIOS/Firmware issue, but from reading Newegg reviews I know that apparently this particular motherboard model sometimes stops working after a BIOS flash, so I don't want to risk it.

I think he's definitely hurt by a variety of factors, chiefly among them being: a) language barrier b) being a very small operation without much manpower other than himself and, I think, most importantly c) he's sort of a pioneer in the field in very much uncharted territory. There's very, very few people making audiophile SATA cables, for instance (I've heard of some Japanese and Korean boutique companies doing SATA, or Pachanko in La Reunion/Madagascar (?), but that's it - Paul even makes JCAT/jPlay's SATA cable), and literally no one else clock modding PC components or the like. There's SGM and Pink Faun with their OCXO motherboard, but they sort of seem to have taken their cues from Paul in that regard. Anyway, this sort of murky and unknown quality of modding commercial PC parts lends it a very homebrew feel that can also lead to a lot of potential mishaps. I'm not saying Paul is not to be held accountable for the products he sells when they don't work, but it doesn't surprise me that they can be unreliable.

Of the things I'd say are in PPA's favor, they'd be: a) most importantly, when his parts do work, they sound great! b) for all the stories of his dropping the ball with customer service, he also demonstrates great customer service other times - e.g. NAIDIVER getting an offer from him to personally visit, or, in my case, I just recently ordered one SATA RED II cable (these are his newest cables, I suspect re-designed to meet SATA III spec better/in response to others failing - in fact, I suspect NAIDIVER's may be his previous generation cables, since he literally just introduced these ones in the last few months) and one SATA RED III cable, and for free he upgraded me to two SATA RED III instead, which was a little over a $100 value. I thought that was pretty impressive. Also, I've since received and installed both and have had no issues. If anything, boot time does seem a little bit quicker than when I was using non-PPA cables, which he mentions other users reporting.

This has come up before in other threads, but while I've had some minor issues with Paul (occasional long periods of no communication, e.g.), most of my experiences have been positive, and thankfully I haven't had a non-working part or component. Closest I've come is the current H170M-PLUS I'm using from him that he modded with a TCXO does have its display go in and out at random periods (occurs in BIOS menu and across multiple Intel drivers/Windows installs, and also both from the DVI port and HDMI port, over two different monitors, so I know it's probably hardware related), but it always stabilizes and nothing else is faulty. Could also be a BIOS/Firmware issue, but from reading Newegg reviews I know that apparently this particular motherboard model sometimes stops working after a BIOS flash, so I don't want to risk it.

I think he's definitely hurt by a variety of factors, chiefly among them being: a) language barrier b) being a very small operation without much manpower other than himself and, I think, most importantly c) he's sort of a pioneer in the field in very much uncharted territory. There's very, very few people making audiophile SATA cables, for instance (I've heard of some Japanese and Korean boutique companies doing SATA, or Pachanko in La Reunion/Madagascar (?), but that's it - Paul even makes JCAT/jPlay's SATA cable), and literally no one else clock modding PC components or the like. There's SGM and Pink Faun with their OCXO motherboard, but they sort of seem to have taken their cues from Paul in that regard. Anyway, this sort of murky and unknown quality of modding commercial PC parts lends it a very homebrew feel that can also lead to a lot of potential mishaps. I'm not saying Paul is not to be held accountable for the products he sells when they don't work, but it doesn't surprise me that they can be unreliable.

Of the things I'd say are in PPA's favor, they'd be: a) most importantly, when his parts do work, they sound great! b) for all the stories of his dropping the ball with customer service, he also demonstrates great customer service other times - e.g. NAIDIVER getting an offer from him to personally visit, or, in my case, I just recently ordered one SATA RED II cable (these are his newest cables, I suspect re-designed to meet SATA III spec better/in response to others failing - in fact, I suspect NAIDIVER's may be his previous generation cables, since he literally just introduced these ones in the last few months) and one SATA RED III cable, and for free he upgraded me to two SATA RED III instead, which was a little over a $100 value. I thought that was pretty impressive. Also, I've since received and installed both and have had no issues. If anything, boot time does seem a little bit quicker than when I was using non-PPA cables, which he mentions other users reporting.

Yes, i did understand all of what you mentioned to Paul positively.

I, myself don't feel pessimistic on him.

I think he's like a geek guy who try hard to push something up to the best and he did it. No any other standard parts( mainboard, SATA cable, SSD, usb card) sound approach to Paul product.

When his hobby turned into business, it needs a business administration wise which he may not think of.

He lacks of team work to help him handle other mess up things besides his research and production concerned such as Customer Services, e-mail correspondents, delivery services.

That is the point. Lack of Communication. Bad customer services.

I honestly say that i can't live without Paul's products. They sound like in another league with the others.

Now (while using Samsung 850 pro instead - OS SSD) and standard SATA cable, the sound get worse and makes me feel miss my OCXO SSD much.

If he can get through those things, he will live for long in business.

• 1 month later...

I guess I have the same situation with PPA's H170M-Plus with the clock modded to OCXO. It cannot connect to my TV through HDMI. I should say 90% fail but 10% chance work. It will turn black after a few minutes and never gets back. I have been negotiating with him for 6 months and have sent him the Mobo. He finally replaced it with the original clock and sold me the M2 SSD with OCXO. However, the Mobo still failed. I am from Hong Kong and posted him email in Chinese. So I don't think communication is an issue. I had a very bad experience with him. So I gave up and bought a new Mobo instead.

I guess I have the same situation with PPA's H170M-Plus with the clock modded to OCXO. It cannot connect to my TV through HDMI. I should say 90% fail but 10% chance work. It will turn black after a few minutes and never gets back. I have been negotiating with him for 6 months and have sent him the Mobo. He finally replaced it with the original clock and sold me the M2 SSD with OCXO. However, the Mobo still failed. I am from Hong Kong and posted him email in Chinese. So I don't think communication is an issue. I had a very bad experience with him. So I gave up and bought a new Mobo instead.

Yes, Sad but true.

Now i feel like i just loss my $3000 for nothing. I returned him all now ( he promised me to pay me back) but now i don't get any coins from him.

Yes, Sad but true.

Now i feel like i just loss my $3000 for nothing. I returned him all now ( he promised me to pay me back) but now i don't get any coins from him.

He never replies email except invoicing. It sounds tough to him but very true. I have to catch him on facebook.

Interesting that you ran into the same problem with the display dropping out. Mine's been very stable for a few months now with HDMI. Never have been able to figure out what triggers it, only that if I change BIOS settings, or major Windows settings, or turn off and then on the PC (I always keep it on), things like that, that it would begin a period of it flickering, only to stabilize again after some time of remaining on and no changes.

Anyway, the fact that when you received an un-modded/stock H170M-PLUS it still didn't work confirms to me that it's a pretty crappy motherboard in general. Like I was saying, if you look at online reviews on Newegg or other PC hardware/parts sites, it has pretty low reviews and few people buying it. It would be nice if Paul would move on to a more reliable and/or newer ASUS models, but I suspect given that he's in Taiwan near ASUS and that these are not some of their most popular boards, he probably got a deal buying a lot of H170M-PLUS's and H170M-E D3's (the other H170 board he mods), hence why he's using them. Paul also sells a kit with just the clock module and the header for the user to solder themselves onto a motherboard of their choosing, but before I bought the board I'd read on Tir Na HiFi and elsewhere a lot of stories of how difficult it was to remove the stock clock and solder on the header to motherboards without "bricking" the motherboard (meaning: the motherboard wouldn't boot, it was destroyed) - apparently motherboards are multi-layered circuit boards, and something about that makes solder work without unintentionally damaging the board pretty difficult for anyone but the more experienced solderers/do it yourself-ers out there. As a result, while Paul's own solder work is generally good, part of me isn't surprised the H170M-PLUS has the display issue - I suspect tinkering with motherboards' clocks in general risks frying the board or causing unexpected issues a lot of the time, depending on the board and clock etc.

From gathering anecdotes, there appears to be forming a sort of pattern with PPA products in terms of reliability/value - the users that have expressed the most problems are those who have purchased modded mobo's, modded SSD's or other storage media, or whole servers. Some of the SATA cables have also given boot issues for people, particularly, ironically, his most expensive "black" model. I've heard less issues from people using his USB Cards, USB Cables, and some of the other products on their own.

There's also been the conspicuous pulling of PPA products from AudioPhil/High End Audio PC's site, but JPLAY has continued to offer some of the products (noticeably not the motherboards, although the CF-to-SATA adapter is there, as is the Ethernet Switch, and, again, Paul makes the JCAT cables, which actually have really high accolades from places like Audiostream). Paul himself seems to be quietly responding to issues by shuffling his product line-up, demonstrated by his revising his SATA cable designs recently, and/or his new PCI-E SSD's include a note about how they render his clock-modded mobo's obsolete/unnecessary, which might be a function of his having continued reports from users of failures from the modded mobo's. Don't really understand why else he would say that - I assumed the mobo clocks being replaced were what most of the mobo depended upon for "keeping time," but his saying that modded PCI-E storage SSD's make the modded mobo clock unnecessary makes me think that maybe they just have an effect on the chipset/SATA controllers/etc.

Anyway, I guess the bottom line is be careful with some of these products, particularly his whole servers/modded mobo's/storage.

... the users that have expressed the most problems are those who have purchased modded mobo's, modded SSD's or other storage media, or whole servers. Some of the SATA cables have also given boot issues for people, particularly, ironically, his most expensive "black" model. I've heard less issues from people using his USB Cards, USB Cables, and some of the other products on their own.

His power supply smoked two of my motherboards. His USB card was defective, only one port worked. In both cases he gave me the runaround and I was stuck with them. His SATA cables worked, sometimes. Lots of issues with other parts as well. I don't shut off the server I built with his parts anymore for fear it will not restart.

I would never recommend anyone buy an entire PC from PPA. Go to Phil if this is what you want, better service, etc.. Where PPA shines is for those builders who like to DIY. The USB cards are fantastic. I've heard good things about the memory sticks DDR3 (don't need for DDR4). If you want to experiment with a modded hard drive, maybe the OS one. Not needed for the data drives. But even for the OS drive it's probably wiser to just get a LPS-1 to power it and your miles ahead in reliability and SQ. As far as the mobos go, I agree, I don't like the boards he offers or having the board clock changed out. I have two clocks available for doing this mod myself, but I never seem to get it right, so I can imagine it don't take much to cause a faulty mobo, let alone those mobos he offers could be faulty to begin with. I'm a firm believer that cables don't matter if you have a galvanically isolated power supply and take care with ground loops.

Conclusion, PPA offers some great components. But is not a good source for non DIYers, go to Phil. Got to give him credit for constant new innovation. Customer service is definitely not his strength, you have to know what you need, then it's cut and dry.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

Yeah I guess I forgot to mention I'm using his modded DDR4 sticks, too - no issues there, although the mod, as far as I can tell, is just his placing damping (and possibly anti-RFI/EMI?) blocks on each RAM chip. He does claim to choose the best sounding sticks after testing various manufacturers, too, though, which can be a pain in the ass to do on your own unless you have some solid recommendations.

Believe me. If you don't want to put yourself into trouble, please don't buy anything from Paul.

( Now Marcin are going to ruin himself by taking this crap into his business and take JCAT at risk.)

Paul products are awesome, great SQ which others can't beat it.

The problem is it is unstable and not compatible with others at all. (except you buy his music server)

and his very bad after sale service is crap.

His products are easily broken because all parts he used are crap and low quality. He applies clocks on them to make a better sound while he never care about how long can they work? That is why he never reply your mail, never contact back.

I've returned 2SSDs and 1 black and 1 sarah cables to him after he cancel his trip to service me at home.

He sent 2 new SSDs for me instead and told me that if they don't work, i can return them to him and he will refund me.

After test, all came out the same, then i returned all to him ($115 shippng cost)

Yerterday he mailed back, he will refund me 70% for 2SSDs and for 2 SATA cables can't be refund because he guarantee for plug and unplug not over 10 times, Ridiculous!

That is my worst experience playing PC server.

If you don't care about after sale service and you have time to boot it 5-10 times before it's ready to play, go ahead.

Good luck, Bro.

Interesting that you ran into the same problem with the display dropping out. Mine's been very stable for a few months now with HDMI. Never have been able to figure out what triggers it, only that if I change BIOS settings, or major Windows settings, or turn off and then on the PC (I always keep it on), things like that, that it would begin a period of it flickering, only to stabilize again after some time of remaining on and no changes.

Anyway, the fact that when you received an un-modded/stock H170M-PLUS it still didn't work confirms to me that it's a pretty crappy motherboard in general. Like I was saying, if you look at online reviews on Newegg or other PC hardware/parts sites, it has pretty low reviews and few people buying it. It would be nice if Paul would move on to a more reliable and/or newer ASUS models, but I suspect given that he's in Taiwan near ASUS and that these are not some of their most popular boards, he probably got a deal buying a lot of H170M-PLUS's and H170M-E D3's (the other H170 board he mods), hence why he's using them. Paul also sells a kit with just the clock module and the header for the user to solder themselves onto a motherboard of their choosing, but before I bought the board I'd read on Tir Na HiFi and elsewhere a lot of stories of how difficult it was to remove the stock clock and solder on the header to motherboards without "bricking" the motherboard (meaning: the motherboard wouldn't boot, it was destroyed) - apparently motherboards are multi-layered circuit boards, and something about that makes solder work without unintentionally damaging the board pretty difficult for anyone but the more experienced solderers/do it yourself-ers out there. As a result, while Paul's own solder work is generally good, part of me isn't surprised the H170M-PLUS has the display issue - I suspect tinkering with motherboards' clocks in general risks frying the board or causing unexpected issues a lot of the time, depending on the board and clock etc.

From gathering anecdotes, there appears to be forming a sort of pattern with PPA products in terms of reliability/value - the users that have expressed the most problems are those who have purchased modded mobo's, modded SSD's or other storage media, or whole servers. Some of the SATA cables have also given boot issues for people, particularly, ironically, his most expensive "black" model. I've heard less issues from people using his USB Cards, USB Cables, and some of the other products on their own.

There's also been the conspicuous pulling of PPA products from AudioPhil/High End Audio PC's site, but JPLAY has continued to offer some of the products (noticeably not the motherboards, although the CF-to-SATA adapter is there, as is the Ethernet Switch, and, again, Paul makes the JCAT cables, which actually have really high accolades from places like Audiostream). Paul himself seems to be quietly responding to issues by shuffling his product line-up, demonstrated by his revising his SATA cable designs recently, and/or his new PCI-E SSD's include a note about how they render his clock-modded mobo's obsolete/unnecessary, which might be a function of his having continued reports from users of failures from the modded mobo's. Don't really understand why else he would say that - I assumed the mobo clocks being replaced were what most of the mobo depended upon for "keeping time," but his saying that modded PCI-E storage SSD's make the modded mobo clock unnecessary makes me think that maybe they just have an effect on the chipset/SATA controllers/etc.

Anyway, I guess the bottom line is be careful with some of these products, particularly his whole servers/modded mobo's/storage.

He also sent me the M.2 PCI-E SSD to try. I am using HQPlayer + NAA configuration. My ASUS Mobo cannot recognise the drive and my MSI Mobo can sometime recognise but sometime not. I don't want to take any risks this time and decide to return him all.

He also sent me the M.2 PCI-E SSD to try. I am using HQPlayer + NAA configuration. My ASUS Mobo cannot recognise the drive and my MSI Mobo can sometime recognise but sometime not. I don't want to take any risks this time and decide to return him all.

Everything of Paul are the same problem, I don't know why?

The problem is sometime boot, sometime not, sometime recognize, sometime not.

All Paul stuff, i returned to him except his red II SATA which worked well in the beginning then i fix it position and never touch it again because Paul said it will be broken if unplug it over 10 times!!!

but those problem is still haunting me,even it is just a cable!! Why? ,, boot and not boot and not boot and not boot and boot.

I have to restart around 10 times before it wake up and ready to play music.

All the problem is gone after remove all Paul's things and replace them with standard cable and standard SSDs.

Everything of Paul are the same problem, I don't know why?

The problem is sometime boot, sometime not, sometime recognize, sometime not.

All Paul stuff, i returned to him except his red II SATA which worked well in the beginning then i fix it position and never touch it again because Paul said it will be broken if unplug it over 10 times!!!

but those problem is still haunting me,even it is just a cable!! Why? ,, boot and not boot and not boot and not boot and boot.

I have to restart around 10 times before it wake up and ready to play music.

All the problem is gone after remove all Paul's things and replace them with standard cable and standard SSDs.

Naidiver, Phil has the Pachanko cables which have gotten good reviews. Also, some have said that powering SSDs from a LPS or battery supply can improve SQ. Maybe these are alternatives to using Paul's stuff.

Thanks, Kilroy.

I'm Mr. Roboto (are going to die ) LOL!!

I stop upgrading anything now. I afraid of compatibility of custom made product like PPA. It's my bad experience.

Now i just loss my $500 for nothing. (30% deduction of 2SSDs + shipping fee for round trip (repair and return) + 2 SATA cables which he claimed doesn't meet warranty condition (unplug over 10 times - who's know?)

for LPS, yes it does improve SQ, now i used Uptone JS-2 for USB card and TeraDak ATX 350w for PC.

Naidiver, Phil has the Pachanko cables which have gotten good reviews. Also, some have said that powering SSDs from a LPS or battery supply can improve SQ. Maybe these are alternatives to using Paul's stuff.

Believe me. If you don't want to put yourself into trouble, please don't buy anything from Paul.

( Now Marcin are going to ruin himself by taking this crap into his business and take JCAT at risk.)

Paul products are awesome, great SQ which others can't beat it.

The problem is it is unstable and not compatible with others at all. (except you buy his music server)

and his very bad after sale service is crap.

His products are easily broken because all parts he used are crap and low quality. He applies clocks on them to make a better sound while he never care about how long can they work? That is why he never reply your mail, never contact back.

I've returned 2SSDs and 1 black and 1 sarah cables to him after he cancel his trip to service me at home.

He sent 2 new SSDs for me instead and told me that if they don't work, i can return them to him and he will refund me.

After test, all came out the same, then i returned all to him ($115 shippng cost)

Yerterday he mailed back, he will refund me 70% for 2SSDs and for 2 SATA cables can't be refund because he guarantee for plug and unplug not over 10 times, Ridiculous!

That is my worst experience playing PC server.

If you don't care about after sale service and you have time to boot it 5-10 times before it's ready to play, go ahead.

Good luck, Bro.

Your refund reminds me something. I just issue PP a Paypal invoice. To prevent finding different ways to discount the refund, I decide to return his stuff after he refunds me.