IGNORED

Beach Boys Smiley Smile Stereo & Mono 192 24 - upsampled?

Just purchased this from Qobuz.com (seems same as 7digital and acousticsounds), and was rather disappointed on using Spek spectrum analyser to see that there doesn't seem to be any real data above 22Khz, possibly indicating a CD upsample? I'd appreciate if people could take a look at the screenshot and clarify one way or the other!? Thanks!

Dynamic range info using foobar2000

Album details - Dynamic Range Database

beachboysgoodvibster19224spec.PNG

Attached a couple more spectrum analyses from the stereo & mono versions of She's Goin Bald, the stereo version does seem to have something above 22 KHz, most notably after 1:15, but I'm not certain whether or not these could be upsampling artifacts

Stereo

01-15-The_Beach_Boys-She_s_Goin_Bald-SMRP.m4a.png

Mono

01-04-The_Beach_Boys-She_s_Goin_Bald-SMRP.m4a.png

When Pono was up and running I was buying 24/192 issues for same price as 24/96 on other sites. Who knows about the 192's validity on older music.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

When Pono was up and running I was buying 24/192 issues for same price as 24/96 on other sites. Who knows about the 192's validity on older music.

With qobuz, you get the best available I think, it seemed the cheapest for me here in the UK, HD Tracks UK does not have it available, 7digital is a bit more.

I see there is a SACD release just come out from analogue productions, but not sure if it is 11 or 22 tracks (it says both mono and stereo)? Would it be likely they would eventually release this as a DSD download?

The Beach Boys-Smiley Smile-Hybrid Stereo SACD|Acoustic Sounds