IGNORED

"New" Hendrix and mono Rolling Stones to be released

Vinyl and hi-res (PCM, SACD, downloads) supposedly will be available. First time for official hi-res digital releases of Hendrix.

Stones mono LPs being produced from digital master transcribed from original master tapes. Both 192 and DSD digital masters were produced. Not clear yet which is the source for the LP's

Let's hope DSD digital masters are released.

Jimi Hendrix *Machine Gun* to be released on SACD, digital download, LP, and CD - Positive Feedback

The Rolling Stones Mono Box Set From ABKCO Coming September 30th | Analog Planet

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hendrix on SACD. Please let this be the first then follow up with the studio albums.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

This article seems to indicate DSD will be released. It also says that DSD was the source for the LPs.

The Rolling Stones Mono Box Set From ABKCO Coming September 30th (Updated again) | Analog Planet

If so - this only confirms that even analogue isn't analogue anymore as it is usually sourced from digital material ;)

Thus analogue vs digital discussion doesn't make much sense anymore :) Correct me if I'm wrong.

AAA LPs are still made by certain labels and artists, but they're rare. I think it is unfortunate.

To your second point, the fact that most LP sources are digital does muddy the waters re: the debate about which source is best, but there's still room for discussion re: format. Some people would argue that a 24/192 sourced LP can sound better to their ears and on their system than simply playing back the file.

For instance, the new Paul Simon (Stranger to Stranger) sounds better to me on vinyl than my 24/96 file even though it was recorded digitally. On other records, however, it's often the other way around. A lot depends on mastering, cutting, plating, pressing, etc. Lots of variables. So I do think there's room for some debate, however warn out it sometimes seems.

If so - this only confirms that even analogue isn't analogue anymore as it is usually sourced from digital material ;)

Thus analogue vs digital discussion doesn't make much sense anymore :) Correct me if I'm wrong.

Makes sense. When the Rolling Stones Remastered SACDs came out in 2003, the LPs at that time were also made from the DSD tapes.