IGNORED

Ordered Pono 8.9.16 - Suggestions

I ordered my Pono earlier today (August 9, 2016) from Crutchfield, and I should be receiving it most likely Thursday...or Friday at the very latest.

I won't be ordering/downloading music off the PonoWorld website for quite a while, but I do have a lot of high-res PCM files, ripped CD files, and some DSD64 and DSD128 files waiting in my MacBook. I do know that the Pono player uses the "drag and drop" system for loading your computer's "files" into your Pono player, but I'd like to know in advance how to go about this.

My MacBook's (OSX El Capitan) Macintosh HD has "Favorites", and under Favorites has files spread out in "All My Files", the little house with my name next to it, "documents", "downloads", and "iTunes music".

I'll need some help with the transfer process in the days ahead.

My first question for now: it seems that all of my CD rips (16/44.1 AIFF) reside in the "iTunes music" section. Do I "drag and drop" those into Pono?

Another question: It seems that my HDTracks files are appearing as "AIFF" files in one section of my Mac, while the very same files appear as "FLAC" files in another section. Which should be "dragged and dropped" over?

Any help would be great.....thanks.....

Pono will play FLAC or AIFF files. I usually just drag and drop files onto a MicroSD card and insert that in the Pono. As long as they are properly tagged, the Pono interface will organize them for you.

I think the PonoMusic store is still offline indefinitely right now anyway.

Pono will play FLAC or AIFF files. I usually just drag and drop files onto a MicroSD card and insert that in the Pono. As long as they are properly tagged, the Pono interface will organize them for you.

I think the PonoMusic store is still offline indefinitely right now anyway.

OK, it's a good thing that I ordered two Monster Digital 64GB MicroSDXC cards along with the Pono. I'm wondering about two things:

1) with the PonoStore currently offline, will I not be able to download the firmware upgrade?

2) do I need to drag and drop my current files into one of the MicroSD cards right away, instead of into the Pono's internal 64GB flash memory?

OK, it's a good thing that I ordered two Monster Digital 64GB MicroSDXC cards along with the Pono. I'm wondering about two things:

1) with the PonoStore currently offline, will I not be able to download the firmware upgrade?

2) do I need to drag and drop my current files into one of the MicroSD cards right away, instead of into the Pono's internal 64GB flash memory?

The firmware upgrades are through the app. Should be no problem.

You can certainly use the internal memory first.