IGNORED

Jplay / JCAT weighs in with a USB isolation device

Seems like it's just a rebranding of the Itona in a different case. Nothing against it, just an observation.

Capitalism: make a product that succeeds, and others copy you.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I wonder if it is Intona's Industrial version that is used?

I think is the Industrial version, both have 2.5kV isolation

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

And of those I mentioned, I believe only the LANRover provides galvanic isolation, but unfortunately it has proved incompatible with my Esoteric K-03X DAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

The Intona does as well, that's what makes it different than all the rest.

From what I gathered, after finding this and comparing the boards, they're exactly the same. The Jplay one is just in a 1000 times better looking and better matching case. Plus, with the Jplay member discount it's basically the same price as the Industrial version of until Intona, otherwise it's +$70 usd.

I like Jplay's angle, they work with the best private manufacturer of a given product in a field, then make a Jplay version. They've made some awesome collaborations so far, so I'm happy with this one and I've really got to think it over vs. other AOIP solutions that are building steam.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

The Intona does as well, that's what makes it different than all the rest.

From what I gathered, after finding this and comparing the boards, they're exactly the same. The Jplay one is just in a 1000 times better looking and better matching case. Plus, with the Jplay member discount it's basically the same price as the Industrial version of until Intona, otherwise it's +$70 usd.

I like Jplay's angle, they work with the best private manufacturer of a given product in a field, then make a Jplay version. They've made some awesome collaborations so far, so I'm happy with this one and I've really got to think it over vs. other AOIP solutions that are building steam.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I believe the LANRover isolation is actually the media conversion to Ethernet which intrinsically contain galvanic isolation as part of the Ethernet standard.

Great news. I have the Intona industrial (cannot recommend it highly enough !), but I'm gonna buy the JCAT USB Isolator simply because I like the case 100x better.

Plus, beeing made of metal, not plastic, I think it should offer better protection against RFI/EMI.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

I lined my Intona Industrial inside with copper RFI/EMI shielding tape. Agree the new box is nicer but mine is hidden from view so I'll stay as is.

Great news. I have the Intona industrial (cannot recommend it highly enough !), but I'm gonna buy the JCAT USB Isolator simply because I like the case 100x better.

Plus, beeing made of metal, not plastic, I think it should offer better protection against RFI/EMI.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

The more items like these pop up the more I ask myself if USB is suited for audio. Maybe I'll stick with coax or optical.

There aren't many options with a hard-wired computer as your server. USB/S-PDIF converters are becoming extinct, and optical has its limitations. Everyone's one the USB bandwagon now, but there's already talk of USB itself becoming obsolete.

There aren't many options with a hard-wired computer as your server. USB/S-PDIF converters are becoming extinct, and optical has its limitations. Everyone's one the USB bandwagon now, but there's already talk of USB itself becoming obsolete.

Not so long ago I bought an Auralic Arie LE. It has spdif, optical, aes/ebu and usb outputs. Currently I use aes however I want to replace my dac. Many new DACs within mu prices range do not support aes. So given the other choices what output would you use?

I'm look at the Musette and Gumby.

[br]

Not so long ago I bought an Auralic Arie LE. It has spdif, optical, aes/ebu and usb outputs. Currently I use aes however I want to replace my dac. Many new DACs within mu prices range do not support aes. So given the other choices what output would you use?

I'm look at the Musette and Gumby.

You didn't say what your price range is, but if you don't need DSD, this one is similar to my M51 (a nice unit), for under $900. You can connect AES/EBU, also HDMI:

nadc510r NAD C 510 Refurbished - DACS and Transports

$400?!

Is it really three times as "good" as a Regen? Is it twice as good? Half again as good?

10% "better"?

Those tweaks are very system dependent. Even the Regen is not a bullet proof solution - some love it and some ... not so much.

In case of my system, Intona have brought a significant improvement - much bigger than changing the PC or USB cable. It was money very well spent.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Those tweaks are very system dependent. Even the Regen is not a bullet proof solution - some love it and some ... not so much.

In case of my system, Intona have brought a significant improvement - much bigger than changing the PC or USB cable. It was money very well spent.

Fair point.