IGNORED

5v iFi iPower Availability (USA)

Jud

Hi Folks -

I'm planning to turn a SEEED BeagleBone Green Wireless board into an NAA (Network Audio Adapter, see here about 2/3 of the way down the page: Signalyst), and am looking for a 5v iFi iPower to run it. The usual online outlets in the US appear to be out of product.

- For iFi: Is the product backordered everywhere in the US? If so, do you have some very general notion of when it might be available again?

- For anyone: Do you happen to know of one of these that might be available for purchase in the USA?

Thanks, everyone!

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi Folks -

I'm planning to turn a SEEED BeagleBone Green Wireless board into an NAA (Network Audio Adapter, see here about 2/3 of the way down the page: Signalyst), and am looking for a 5v iFi iPower to run it. The usual online outlets in the US appear to be out of product.

- For iFi: Is the product backordered everywhere in the US? If so, do you have some very general notion of when it might be available again?

- For anyone: Do you happen to know of one of these that might be available for purchase in the USA?

Thanks, everyone!

Hi,

The USA retailers should have it but you can contact our USA office and ask them directly.

[email protected]

The 5v and 9v are the most popular.

Cheers.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

Hi,

The USA retailers should have it but you can contact our USA office and ask them directly.

[email protected]

The 5v and 9v are the most popular.

Cheers.

I contacted the USA office by email and they got back to me promptly early yesterday evening, which is the good news. The bad news is that it's backordered everywhere. :(

They suggested the DC Purifier, good for the purpose but twice the cost; probably won't be putting that, at $100, in front of the $40 Beaglebone. Consider a half price sale? :D

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I contacted the USA office by email and they got back to me promptly early yesterday evening, which is the good news. The bad news is that it's backordered everywhere. :(

They suggested the DC Purifier, good for the purpose but twice the cost; probably won't be putting that, at $100, in front of the $40 Beaglebone. Consider a half price sale? :D

Hi,

Sorry about that. We suggest you leave your email with them and they email you with an approx of when it should be back in stock.

The DC iPurifier works with 5v through to 24v. AMR/iFi policy is no discounting. Doesn't matter if iPOWER or AMR DP-777 SE!

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

Hi,

Sorry about that. We suggest you leave your email with them and they email you with an approx of when it should be back in stock.

The DC iPurifier works with 5v through to 24v. AMR/iFi policy is no discounting. Doesn't matter if iPOWER or AMR DP-777 SE!

Certainly at the iFi end, which is the one I'm most familiar with, the prices are quite affordable already. Of course I would prefer the $50 item that will work versus the $100 item that will also work, and hope either an individual dealer somewhere has one or it is back in stock soon.

And thank you for your (characteristically) prompt response.

Do you have to use 5V? I have a 9V that I'd gladly loan you until your new one arrived.

Appreciate the offer - I have a 9v iPower, but don't want to take the chance that something on this nice little board will overheat.

The BeagleBone Green Wireless gets power not through a barrel connector but (like the Raspberry Pi) through a micro USB jack. I've got a wall wart around here that I used to power the BeagleBoardxm, but will need to get an adapter to use it with the BBGW. (I understand the 5v iFi comes with the necessary adapter.)

Perhaps someone can suggest a linear supply, but that's for another forum....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...