IGNORED

Article: Geek Speak: NanoPi Neo, The $7.99 High Resolution Audio Endpoint

OK--I typed cd/users etc and then ls and it lised just known_hosts. Then I typed "rm *" and no go. How does one get the syntax correct? I tried "rm*" which didn't work either. Is there a key on the mac that puts the asterisk in a superscript that I'm missing?

Thx

You can also just type rm known_hosts

I used the * to include all the files incase there was another one in there. Are you getting any error message when you try this? Also, if you have an app that shows you hidden files, you can browse through the app to delete the file via a GUI. I use the apps CODA and Transmit to view hidden files and browse to that folder to delete the known_hosts when I don't feel like entering the command.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

OK, I'm making progress. I've gotten to ssh onto the board, and ran apt-get update and upgrade. I expanded the TF card using fs_resize. No problems now with any of that. Now I'm trying to install Roonbridge (which I successfully did on the RaspPi3) but I can't get the command to work on the neo. Here are the three command lines I've used:

[h=4]Roon Bridge armv7hf[/h]$ curl -O http://download.roonlabs.com/builds/roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh

$ chmod +x roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh

$ sudo ./roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh

Each of these says "command not found." Any suggestions?

OK, I'm making progress. I've gotten to ssh onto the board, and ran apt-get update and upgrade. I expanded the TF card using fs_resize. No problems now with any of that. Now I'm trying to install Roonbridge (which I successfully did on the RaspPi3) but I can't get the command to work on the neo. Here are the three command lines I've used:

Roon Bridge armv7hf

$ curl -O http://download.roonlabs.com/builds/roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh

$ sudo ./roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh

Each of these says "command not found." Any suggestions?

Try apt-get install curl

type Y for yes to install, then try the three commands above.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

The apt-get install curl worked. Then I tried each of those three command lines, ending up with this:

IMG_2528_zps4o9x0l2g.jpg

Based on your screenshot, it appears you downloaded the incorrect Roon image. You need the ARM version.

Your command downloaded the linuxx64.sh file rather than the linuxarmv7hf.sh

run the commands that you previously ran, but exclude the sudo in front of the last one.

$ curl -O [url]http://download.roonlabs.com/builds/roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh[/url]
$ ./roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh

Chris, thank you SO much. This one was weirdly harder to set up than the raspberry pi, partially because my older toddler son thinks it's funny to unplug the router power supply at inopportune moments. My wife says I cannot duct tape his hands together.

Anyhoo, once I get the NEO running I'm going to run it through all my different options and see which I like better. For project #3 I'll probably be going with another Raspberry Pi 3 with the digi(+) and metal case, and maybe a fancy power supply.

Again, I can't thank you enough. Take a look at my blog when you get a chance, The Clueless Audiophile – Demystifying the 2-channel and head-fi audiophile world for the clueless among us.

The NanoPi Neo seems to be a nice audio endpoint. How about a 'start point' - a board that can be connected to a record player analog or CD player digital output and feeds a DLNA or Airplay stream through a network to an endpoint? does any such devices exist? (except a full blown computer..)

I have my turntable set up to stream to AirPlay endpoints using the following:

Overall setup:

Apple-based including MacBooks, iPhones/iPads, and Airport Expresses.

Hardware setup is:

Turntable > external phono preamp > microphone input of Macbook

Software setup is:

Macbook - OS X with Airfoil installed

iOS device - Airfoil Satellite installed

Usage:

Streaming is controlled from an iOS device using Airfoil Satellite. Airfoil Satellite will detect any devices running Airfoil, and allow selection of a particular Airfoil device. Once selected, a list of Airplay endpoints is displayed with volume control sliders for each endpoint plus an overall volume slider. Click on one of the endpoints, any put the tonearm into the groove, and music streams to the Airplay endpoint.

There is a slight delay before the music starts or stops.

Works reliably and sounds good too!

Brian

• 1 month later...

Some DIYers spend a lot of money: they know they can build simpler circuits with more quality but by also buying higher-quality parts which are more often than not cost much higher.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

• 1 month later...