IGNORED

Stupid %&*#! misstakes in this hobby!

Once again it happend to me. I hate it! Have been in this hobby for just about 40 years and have constantly done misstakes that I really should'nt after so many years. I bought a new pair of active near-field speakers (with a funky name: Monkey Banana Turbo 5) that I got a couple of days ago. I installed them pretty fast on the dedicated wall stands, connected the 3m mains and XLR's I ordered at the same time. Listened.....very very dissapointed with the sound. Hollow and nasty! [emoji19] Started to toe-in and angle (in/out) the speakers for the best sound but still was'nt satisfied at all. Added some room acoustic damping between the speakers plus in the corners and tightened all the bolts on the wall stand to ensure the best performance. Not happy! ? Suddenly it struck me! ? What about the XLR pin configuration that I did check before I installed the speakers? After some added reading glasses, good light and user manuals I finally figured out that it was wrong. It was the other way around. Hot was cold and cold was hot. I flipped the switch on the back of my Pioneer U-05 and suddenly the sound was just as good...or even better...that I thought it would be. I cursed myself for being so stupid! ? However, this is not the first time this happens to me. I have been around for 40 years and have probably encountered similar stupid problems atleast ones a year due to my constant upgrades.

If you have experianced similar issues please share them. It would make me feel atleast a little better! ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

🎛️  Audio System  

Once again it happend to me. I hate it! Have been in this hobby for just about 40 years and have constantly done misstakes that I really should'nt after so many years. I bought a new pair of active near-field speakers (with a funky name: Monkey Banana Turbo 5) that I got a couple of days ago. I installed them pretty fast on the dedicated wall stands, connected the 3m mains and XLR's I ordered at the same time. Listened.....very very dissapointed with the sound. Hollow and nasry! [emoji19] Started to toe-in and angle (in/out) the speakers for the best sound but still was'nt satisfied at all. Added some room acoustic damping between the speakers plus in the corners and tightened all the bolts on the wall stand to ensure the best performance. Not happy! ? Suddenly it struck me! ? What about the XLR pin configuration that I did check before I installed the speakers? After some added reading glasses, good light and user manuals I finally figured out that it was wrong. It was the other way around. Hot was cold and cold was hot. I flipped the switch on the back of my Pioneer U-05 and suddenly the sound was just as good...or even better...that I thought it would be. I cursed myself for being so stupid! ? However, this is not the first time this happens to me. I have been around for 40 years and have probably encountered similar stuoid problems atleast ones a year due to my constant upgrades.

If you have experianced similar issues please share them. It would make me feel atleast a little better! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Meanwhile I can share a problem that actually took me a whole year to pursue. I got a ground loop. Blamed my PC first. It took me more than 6 months and a new Auralic Aries to find out that my PC was'nt the problem. It took me atleast 4-5 months to find out that the real cause of my ground loop was my recently bought Fostex TH-900 (second hand). The HP-cable was repeared by an idiot..and I still need to change that cable to a balanced dito! ?

🎛️  Audio System