IGNORED

HOLO Audio Spring DAC - R2R DSD512

For those that may be in the market for DAC and considering a HoloAudio Spring Dac.

Chinese new year special begins now!

from Jan6th through Feb 12th we are running the only special on the HoloAudio Spring KTE (L3) dac all year....

As many know, 2017 our price increased. But we are doing a special for Chinese New Year.

We are offering the original price of 2399usd during this time. And our best deal is if you do a combo deal with the singxerSU1 - also free shipping on everything. We will refund the 100usd off your combo order after you place your order.

We will give 100usd off the combo price and give a free HDMi i2S 0.3M cable. (cable does not need to be added to your order, we will simply include one)

I wanted to share this with you and maybe you could post this on the thread if you'd like. I know many people would like to take advantage of this deal as it's a pretty good combo deal.

Prices will go back up after Feb12th.

Also the Level 1 is discounted now at 100off for the price of 1599 free shipping

And the Level 2 is discounted now at 100off for the price of 1799 free shipping

If this post is inappropriate, i'll take it down immediately.

Tim Connor

KitsuneHifi.com / HoloAudio USA

For those that may be in the market for DAC and considering a HoloAudio Spring Dac.

Chinese new year special begins now!

from Jan6th through Feb 12th we are running the only special on the HoloAudio Spring KTE (L3) dac all year....

As many know, 2017 our price increased. But we are doing a special for Chinese New Year.

We are offering the original price of 2399usd during this time. And our best deal is if you do a combo deal with the singxerSU1 - also free shipping on everything. We will refund the 100usd off your combo order after you place your order.

We will give 100usd off the combo price and give a free HDMi i2S 0.3M cable. (cable does not need to be added to your order, we will simply include one)

I wanted to share this with you and maybe you could post this on the thread if you'd like. I know many people would like to take advantage of this deal as it's a pretty good combo deal.

Prices will go back up after Feb12th.

Also the Level 1 is discounted now at 100off for the price of 1599 free shipping

And the Level 2 is discounted now at 100off for the price of 1799 free shipping

If this post is inappropriate, i'll take it down immediately.

Hi, is there any special offer for one that already had the kte but would like to get the su1 from you?

Synology 1515+ --> micro rendu 1.3/LPS-1 --> Singxer KTE SU-1 --> I2S --> Holo Spring DAC KTE Level3 --> WA5 --> Focal Utopia, Mr Speaker Ether Flow C, ZMF Eikon

if a deal could ever backfire, this is the one. im pulling this deal after honoring too many customers requesting this deal to be honored from their orders they placed on the last month or two. so far we have lost 800usd in tefunds and mad zero sales on the level3 dac for this first day of the sale. this was strictly for usa custkmwrs only and i did not clearly state this unti now. so ive lost a lot of money based on my error. j honor my word, but all discounts end here. everyone wants a "deal" and we simoly cant afford to offer these deals to any more previous custkmers, especially those who are not usa customers. im sorry to inform everyone, but the combo deal will not be honored unless you are usa customer. and i will not honor this deal if you didnt place your order today or from this day forward. this is as rediculous as us offering oir black friday specials on rewuest. promotions are promotions, i cant be expected to honor any discounts just because the deal was missed or you ordered befoee the promotion began. for those international customers, ive absorbed a lot of coats already, and im sorry we cant offer the same level of service as we do to usa customers. Tha you to those whonunderstand this and are reasonable enough to see we are a small boutique company thay drspwrately trys to keep our level of customer service to be the best possible and within reason. Its just me and my wife that run KitsuneHifi and we are growing fast but let me remind you that we are still a small company. We do our best to offer the best customer service and keep each sale to be personal and unique experience to each customer. we try to build a relationship wirj each customer and earn their trust and respect. we really apologize tk those who expext more from us on this deal. but we are seriously considering to pull this chinese new year deal as its proven to backfire and instead become a serious loss for us. we had well over a dozen emails in the last two weeks requesting our price on the level 3 ro be reduced back to our 2016 pricing. so we did this, but will jor go lower than 2399. we thought making a combo deal available to those who are patient. singxsr is backed up ok orders as rhey are going through growing pains now. we wont have more inventory for a fsw more weeks in fact.those who buy a combo would get a discount their patience. but we cant offwr this to everyone demanding a discount and have the su1 shipped at amazon prime like speed. lol its just not going to happen. we will update our website tonight and are pulling this deal entirely. only the dac pricing will be reduced for he chinese new year. no more requests for special treatment, no more special requests in general. we habe had close to 4 dozen emails of this nature in the last week and sadly we simoly cant do this. we are truly sorry. its our fault for not being more clear about the rules of the discount. we just assumed our customers would understand its not something that applies ro previous orders. we do not have price matxh guaranteea and price protection plans. there! i said it. afrer honoring enought requests to lost nearly a grand, i have to end this. and if anyone thinks this is unfair, i will happily refund their money and cancel their existing orders. we do our best to process each order in the exact order they are received. nobody gets any special treatmwnt or discounts. everyone has to wait the same amount of time and we are transparent with our customers by keeping our communication open and clear by setting their expectations for delivery times.

we will honor the price of our dacs for the chinese new year, but combo deals will no longer be available for the reasons i explained above. the deal was sinply taken advatags of and i honored a few at first and realized how out of control this became. so i made this statement to end any more "deals" as we lost our ass on this promotion and would continue to lose a lot more if we let it go longer than the one day its been going so far! wow, we learned the hard way today.

but we want to thank all our customers for being so understanding and patient with us. we do our best to make eveyone hapoy, and in this case... we cant make everyone happy. and apologize to those who feel they "missed out" on this deal. so is life. we rarely offer deals. and this is a prime example of how bad they can turn out if i dont make sure that the details/terms and conditions need to be more clear and concise to those who read between the lines. but i can say this our oir very last discount on our KTE dac for the year of 2017. and no singxer discounts anymore either

Tim Connor

if a deal could ever backfire, this is the one. i am pulling this deal after honoring too many customers requesting this deal to be honored from their orders they placed on the last month or two. so far we have lost 800usd in refunds and mad zero sales on the level3 dac for this first day of the sale. this was strictly for usa customers only and i did not clearly state this until now. so ive lost a lot of money based on my error. j honor my word, but all discounts end here. everyone wants a "deal" and we simply cant afford to offer these deals to any more previous customers, especially those who are not usa customers. im sorry to inform everyone, but the combo deal will not be honored unless you are usa customer. and i will not honor this deal if you didnt place your order today or from this day forward. this is as rediculous as us offering oir black friday specials on rewuest. promotions are promotions, i cant be expected to honor any discounts just because the deal was missed or you ordered befoee the promotion began. for those international customers, ive absorbed a lot of coats already, and im sorry we cant offer the same level of service as we do to usa customers. Tha you to those whonunderstand this and are reasonable enough to see we are a small boutique company thay drspwrately trys to keep our level of customer service to be the best possible and within reason. Its just me and my wife that run KitsuneHifi and we are growing fast but let me remind you that we are still a small company. We do our best to offer the best customer service and keep each sale to be personal and unique experience to each customer. we try to build a relationship wirj each customer and earn their trust and respect. we really apologize tk those who expext more from us on this deal. but we are seriously considering to pull this chinese new year deal as its proven to backfire and instead become a serious loss for us. we had well over a dozen emails in the last two weeks requesting our price on the level 3 ro be reduced back to our 2016 pricing. so we did this, but will jor go lower than 2399. we thought making a combo deal available to those who are patient. singxsr is backed up ok orders as rhey are going through growing pains now. we wont have more inventory for a fsw more weeks in fact.those who buy a combo would get a discount their patience. but we cant offwr this to everyone demanding a discount and have the su1 shipped at amazon prime like speed. lol its just not going to happen. we will update our website tonight and are pulling this deal entirely. only the dac pricing will be reduced for he chinese new year. no more requests for special treatment, no more special requests in general. we habe had close to 4 dozen emails of this nature in the last week and sadly we simoly cant do this. we are truly sorry. its our fault for not being more clear about the rules of the discount. we just assumed our customers would understand its not something that applies ro previous orders. we do not have price matxh guaranteea and price protection plans. there! i said it. afrer honoring enought requests to lost nearly a grand, i have to end this. and if anyone thinks this is unfair, i will happily refund their money and cancel their existing orders. we do our best to process each order in the exact order they are received. nobody gets any special treatmwnt or discounts. everyone has to wait the same amount of time and we are transparent with our customers by keeping our communication open and clear by setting their expectations for delivery times.

we will honor the price of our dacs for the chinese new year, but combo deals will no longer be available for the reasons i explained above. the deal was sinply taken advatags of and i honored a few at first and realized how out of control this became. so i made this statement to end any more "deals" as we lost our ass on this promotion and would continue to lose a lot more if we let it go longer than the one day its been going so far! wow, we learned the hard way today.

but we want to thank all our customers for being so understanding and patient with us. we do our best to make everyone happy, and in this case... we cant make everyone happy. and apologize to those who feel they "missed out" on this deal. so is life. we rarely offer deals. and this is a prime example of how bad they can turn out if i dont make sure that the details/terms and conditions need to be more clear and concise to those who read between the lines. but i can say this our our very last discount on our KTE dac for the year of 2017. and no singxer discounts anymore either

wow, i apologize for my poor spelling- typing long replies on my iphone is a bad idea. terrible auto correct or lack there of...

anyhow... i wanted to add... jeff zhu is designing a DSD only r2r dac module for those who love their hq player and want to do dsd native. it will not support any pcm. it will be an example that we indeed can do true native/direct dad over a r2r network. the price point that everyone will find quite fair. you wont have to spend thousands to experience an r2r direct native dsd dac with no pcm conversion like people assume. we find this will be an entry level product yet high performance dsd dac for those who need to see and experience dsd direct over an r2r network. For those who do not know... our company motto is "time will tell..." and we believe over time we will earn the trust and respect from our customers and they will see the prodicts we offwr are indeed excellent audio products that hold up to their claims and far surpass other products on the market with ease. we are building our brand image in the usa and open to suggestions and value our customer feedback.

Jeff is hard at work on this and any new updates will be posted as i hear about them. will it be as good as the spring dac? no, but it will be stellar performance that you can expect from holo audio.

Tim Connor

Long before ever buying the Holo Spring R2R DAC, I had high hopes for DSD's reported analog sound signature. But like many other actual user, I too became disenchanted with DSD overly soft dynamics. I think the problem has something to do with how Delta Sigma DAC handles DSD. With the Holo Spring DAC, the few DSD files I do have sound every bit as dynamic as my PCM HiRes files. Now, I have no second thoughs about buying DSD recordings.

2 Ch stereo

Auralic Aries>Wireworld AES>Kitsune Holo Spring DAC L3>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>Sonic Euphoria (fully balance autoformer)>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>D-Sonic M3-1200S-A (Anaview AMS1000-2600)>Synergistic Tesla Accelerator cable>Ohm 3000 speakers plus Omni Harmonizer super tweeter

Last week I reached my 500 hours of actual playing/break-in time with the Kitsune level 3 Holo Spring DAC and sat back to access the sound quality. Not having every much experience myself with other DAC and knowing Tim Connor claims, to his ears this DAC competes with the best DACs available at any price, I sat back and said to myself "So this is the current state of the art in DAC sound quality". Certainly the sound quality was good at the DAC asking price but I remember thinking DAC technology still needs some ways to go to compete with the best moving coils. Today with an additional 200hrs of on time, I swear the Holo DAC is sounding better than last week. It's more relax and at ease than last week while maintaining that fast dynamic sound as always, obviously the Jensen Caps are taking a long time to break in. And now for once, I can understand the appeal of people spending $10,000 or $15,000 on other companies R2R DACs if the sound quality is also headed in that same direction and beyond. That relax extended open dynamic sound quality is addictive.

2 Ch stereo

Auralic Aries>Wireworld AES>Kitsune Holo Spring DAC L3>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>Sonic Euphoria (fully balance autoformer)>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>D-Sonic M3-1200S-A (Anaview AMS1000-2600)>Synergistic Tesla Accelerator cable>Ohm 3000 speakers plus Omni Harmonizer super tweeter

Tim, could you please ask Jeff when he will fix loud pops during DSD pause/play, fforward, etc.?

Or there is no solution, due to Holo HW design limitation?

Problem observed in following scenarios:

mRendu (MPD/DLNA mode) ---usb---> Holo Spring

mRendu (MPD/DLNA mode) -> Singxer SU-1 ---I2S---> Holo Spring

Thank you,

Paul

wow, i apologize for my poor spelling- typing long replies on my iphone is a bad idea. terrible auto correct or lack there of...

anyhow... i wanted to add... jeff zhu is designing a DSD only r2r dac module for those who love their hq player and want to do dsd native. it will not support any pcm. it will be an example that we indeed can do true native/direct dad over a r2r network. the price point that everyone will find quite fair. you wont have to spend thousands to experience an r2r direct native dsd dac with no pcm conversion like people assume. we find this will be an entry level product yet high performance dsd dac for those who need to see and experience dsd direct over an r2r network. For those who do not know... our company motto is "time will tell..." and we believe over time we will earn the trust and respect from our customers and they will see the prodicts we offwr are indeed excellent audio products that hold up to their claims and far surpass other products on the market with ease. we are building our brand image in the usa and open to suggestions and value our customer feedback.

Jeff is hard at work on this and any new updates will be posted as i hear about them. will it be as good as the spring dac? no, but it will be stellar performance that you can expect from holo audio.

If this DAC could (optional?) use a 5 or 7 VDC at max 1,1A, would be great.

Can use an iFi power, and ideally the LPS-1.

XLR as well I hope?

Tim, could you please ask Jeff when he will fix loud pops during DSD pause/play, fforward, etc.?

Thank you,

Paul

+1

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Long before ever buying the Holo Spring R2R DAC, I had high hopes for DSD's reported analog sound signature. But like many other actual user, I too became disenchanted with DSD overly soft dynamics. I think the problem has something to do with how Delta Sigma DAC handles DSD. With the Holo Spring DAC, the few DSD files I do have sound every bit as dynamic as my PCM HiRes files. Now, I have no second thoughs about buying DSD recordings.

Thank you @toast! I am very eager to receive my Level 3 and try DSD upsampling with HQP. I am hopeful this will be my last DAC purchase for a while (or at least until when I can afford a Lampi!!!).

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I have the Holo, the Rockna and the PD2 , I am reseller for all.

All R2R and for me I prefer in sequence , the Rockna Platinium Bal , the PD2 E 6000 and last the Holo.

PD2 includes a fine Preamp and balanced XLR inputs for HT operation.

Rockna has no analogue inputs but inc preamp,

For DSD512 use PC server with HQP and a new Network Server unit which upsamples files to 512 on the fly without PC , same quality and very much user friendly.

Tim: Your prices are already fair, so no worries there, good for you! And, that is great news on the stand alone DSD DAC: I look forward to seeing what Jeff comes up with!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Thank you,

Paul

It's related to the uRendu, and there is a thread about it. I believe Ted knows a bit about it. But there are some things being worked on. If you take the uRendu out of the mix, there are no pops at all. It's not the dac is what i'm trying to say ;) It happens with SU1, and even MSB dacs, amongst many other dacs. A known problem still.

Tim Connor

It's related to the uRendu, and there is a thread about it. I believe Ted knows a bit about it. But there are some things being worked on. If you take the uRendu out of the mix, there are no pops at all. It's not the dac is what i'm trying to say ;) It happens with SU1, and even MSB dacs, amongst many other dacs. A known problem still.

my DACs do not exhibit any problem with DSD (DoP) files served from the µRendu... But, I do think it would be wise for the MPD developers to play 500 mS of silence at the start of playback to give DACs a little more time to secure lock, jRiver for example allows for this option, and it helps a lot of DACs manage their muting better.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

my DACs do not exhibit any problem with DSD (DoP) files served from the µRendu... But, I do think it would be wise for the MPD developers to play 500 mS of silence at the start of playback to give DACs a little more time to secure lock, jRiver for example allows for this option, and it helps a lot of DACs manage their muting better.

DoP does not exhibit what direct does. Singxer and others, via uRendu (DoP) is silent. It is not uRendu fault per se; it seems like some dacs (Holo, iFi, others) have a real issue in Linux going direct without a loud POP at first sight of DSD. Once there, though, all is well (until stop). I manage it through volume but it is a PITA!!

Note: Jesus and company are trying at their end. I just now got off a teamview with Jesus where we tried some alpha stuff to address this issue. There is still work to do.

Note: Jesus and company are trying at their end. I just now got off a teamview with Jesus where we tried some alpha stuff to address this issue. There is still work to do.

Well I think they fixed the issue yesterday by breaking the ability to run direct, non-DoP DSD with the Holo Spring! ;)

[To others reading this, this is sarcasm related to my posts today in the review thread.]

So Ted, did you ask Jesus about my issue and if the latest OrbiterOS update could be what is keeping me from doing direct SDM with mR/NAA just to the Spring (works fine with both my other DSD-capable DACs)?

Standing by. Thanks.

--Alex C.

Could you please ask Jeff if he is willing to do a PCM only R2R DAC module for users like myself, and many others that are PCM only, and have no need for DSD?

Thanks

Could you please ask Jeff if he is willing to do a PCM only R2R DAC module for users like myself, and many others that are PCM only, and have no need for DSD?

Thanks

Well, you're in luck. there will be a PCM only dac. and a DSD only dac. Both will have Two versions. One will be retail version that is ready to go and in a chassis (more info below). The other will be a DIY version that is open schematics and targeted to DIY crowd. Allowing some modifications of components even. :D

so this is absolutely fresh news for those of you in the market for budget. I believe these products will be VERY impressive. But they are budget based and will NOT have linear compensation like our Spring Dac. The are basically stripped down simply versions yet will sound incredibly good for their price point. We truly hope to see other manufacturers buy our dac modules and do away with the cheap off the shelf stuff so many companies are using. Our modules will be a major step up above the majority of the products on the market. :) These are scheduled to be available sometime this year ;)

SO, one more exciting announcement is a step above these products. We are working on the Sabertooth 2 and the Mammoth 2. These products will be our middle priced products that simply will kick ass imho. The sabertooth 2 will be PCM only dac that simply will be incredible at it's price point, it also will have a preamp and headamp built in. The Sabertooth 2 will have the above mentioned PCM only module, and these all will be R2R based with HoloAudio's own excellent implementation of R2R sound. I'm positive these will be a big hit. I've got some rendering of our final design and we are not too far from a finishing point. I'm incredibly excited to release these to the USA ASAP. The mammoth KTE edition we currently have is just damn impressive for an amp as is. We are simply taking this amp and doing a few facelifts more than anything. As it will be very similar, yet in a new chassis that allows for a silver trafo to be installed (KTE Mammoth 2 edition only) and the mammoth 2 and Sabertooth 2 will have the HoloAudio brand image of the black/copper color chassis combo. This is our intent anyhow and hope everyone agrees on this. Also the Mammoth 2 and Sabertooth 2 will have the aluminum remote control that controls both units, which will stack on each other. The remote is very very cool for those who have not seen it. Everything functions incredibly well. We will have both Sabertooth and Mammoth at the Canjam Socal event, and who knows, if we are ahead of schedule we might even have the V2 models. Hopefully at the very least maybe some near finished sneak images.

so basically three new models coming soon!!! Mammoth2, Sabretooth2 and that evaluation board which can hold PCM module or DSD module.

i will post more information soon. :D

Tim Connor

The other will be a DIY version that is open schematics and targeted to DIY crowd. Allowing some modifications of components even. :D

Very, very cool news!

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Well, you're in luck. there will be a PCM only dac. and a DSD only dac. Both will have Two versions. One will be retail version that is ready to go and in a chassis (more info below). The other will be a DIY version that is open schematics and targeted to DIY crowd. Allowing some modifications of components even. :D

so this is absolutely fresh news for those of you in the market for budget. I believe these products will be VERY impressive. But they are budget based and will NOT have linear compensation like our Spring Dac. The are basically stripped down simply versions yet will sound incredibly good for their price point. We truly hope to see other manufacturers buy our dac modules and do away with the cheap off the shelf stuff so many companies are using. Our modules will be a major step up above the majority of the products on the market. :) These are scheduled to be available sometime this year ;)

SO, one more exciting announcement is a step above these products. We are working on the Sabertooth 2 and the Mammoth 2. These products will be our middle priced products that simply will kick ass imho. The sabertooth 2 will be PCM only dac that simply will be incredible at it's price point, it also will have a preamp and headamp built in. The Sabertooth 2 will have the above mentioned PCM only module, and these all will be R2R based with HoloAudio's own excellent implementation of R2R sound. I'm positive these will be a big hit. I've got some rendering of our final design and we are not too far from a finishing point. I'm incredibly excited to release these to the USA ASAP. The mammoth KTE edition we currently have is just damn impressive for an amp as is. We are simply taking this amp and doing a few facelifts more than anything. As it will be very similar, yet in a new chassis that allows for a silver trafo to be installed (KTE Mammoth 2 edition only) and the mammoth 2 and Sabertooth 2 will have the HoloAudio brand image of the black/copper color chassis combo. This is our intent anyhow and hope everyone agrees on this. Also the Mammoth 2 and Sabertooth 2 will have the aluminum remote control that controls both units, which will stack on each other. The remote is very very cool for those who have not seen it. Everything functions incredibly well. We will have both Sabertooth and Mammoth at the Canjam Socal event, and who knows, if we are ahead of schedule we might even have the V2 models. Hopefully at the very least maybe some near finished sneak images.

so basically three new models coming soon!!! Mammoth2, Sabretooth2 and that evaluation board which can hold PCM module or DSD module.

i will post more information soon. :D

Wow, I did not expect this. Its a good surprise. I thought it was just DAC only like the spring. Would Jeff ever consider selling a DAC only version assembled in a chassis without a headphone amplifier? The reason why I ask is, because I have a Jotunheim already. If the built in headphone amplifier is better than the Jotunheim for around the same price, I might switch to the Sabertooth 2. Will the Sabertooth 2 have a 4 pin balanced out?

Thanks