IGNORED

HOLO Audio Spring DAC - R2R DSD512

@ted_b

Any progress being made here?

It would be great if the community can come up with a solution to this frustrating problem that appears to apply, to some degree, to most DACs that can do native DSD with the microRendu.

DoP does not exhibit what direct does. Singxer and others, via uRendu (DoP) is silent. It is not uRendu fault per se; it seems like some dacs (Holo, iFi, others) have a real issue in Linux going direct without a loud POP at first sight of DSD. Once there, though, all is well (until stop). I manage it through volume but it is a PITA!!

Note: Jesus and company are trying at their end. I just now got off a teamview with Jesus where we tried some alpha stuff to address this issue. There is still work to do.

I agree, the microRendu is too good to miss out in. On the other hand, I often enjoy total random playback with the software surprising me with the music selection, something else I do not want to miss out in. In this case pop management is not practical.

I know smart folks look at this issue from time to time and I am hopeful that one day someone will figure out a solution.

No, I continue to do two things:

1) manage playlists to reduce or eliminate any PCM to DSD switching

2) manage the remote volume buttons REALLY well :)

It would be great to get rid of this issue, but the microRendu-as-NAA is better enough than Windows-as-NAA (no thumps) to make it worthwhile.

• 2 years later...