IGNORED

HOLO Audio Spring DAC - R2R DSD512

May will be like spring. A true dac, no volume control!

Too bad...who needs a preamp in an all digital music world?

Extra circuitry, tubes or transistors, cables...

DAC with no quality volume control equals an audio geek product in 2016 and a half, IMO.

Save the chat on the astounding amount of work needed to take a @2V signal and variable output a less than @2V signal to an amplifier...audio jewelry Kool-Aid drinkers! Yes, I know, some folks like the euphonics introduced by tubes...

Tone with Soul

• 1 month later...

We are completely capable of producing a product with any features, it's up to our customers to let us know what the next release will be. So far the May will likely have more features than the spring, potentially have a pre-amp integrated, remote control, and price is roughly stated to be 3-4Kish.

Please consider the following features:

>Remote to control integrated pre-amp/stepped attenuator

>Balanced circuitry with XLR outs

>State of the art USB input that filters out all the noises these scores of add on boxes have been designed to address, so one needs not acquire a new DAC and a box to fix its shortcomings

>Incorporate a true digital audio input like FireWire, still in use in the studios

Thanks and good luck with your products.

Tone with Soul

My pleasure.

Agree with fellow CA member identifying the opportunity to attract music loving Apple adherents (BTW, many pro audio/studio/creative people Mac users) to the May DAC. Including the drivers to allow for Native DSD on OSX (like Exasound has) would provide a significant attractiveness factor/competitive advantage to the May DAC.

Jussi, the man behind HQPlayer, once commented that the drivers would not be difficult or costly to develop. The man surely knows DSD and I believe he uses Macs and PCs in his systems.

Tone with Soul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...