IGNORED

HOLO Audio Spring DAC - R2R DSD512

3 hours ago, Bimmer100 said:

Basically to find out if your module is xmos U8 or XU208 you will need to find out its firmware. It can be found in windows7/8/8.1/10 etc. the systray is where our drivers have the Asio control panel. A small icon to open up the program and find its firmware version.

any firmware that is 20.00 or newer is xu208. If the firmware is less than this than it is u8. Example : 16.95 is U8 xmos. 

Common firmwares for Xu208 May be 20.16-21.16 etc. and each is specific for the model. Like cyan dsd or pcm, Spring1 or spring2. 

Thank you for this valuable information. I was not sure if my ARMATURE Asterion (Holo Spring) R2R Balanced XLR DAC is suitable for this.

The good news is: Yes, it works.

spacer.png

The latencies are minimal with DSD 512.

spacer.png

The bad news is: I can not shake off the music anymore. 😄

• 7 months later...
9 hours ago, barrows said:

@Miska, It is good to hear that you feel HQPe is pretty reliable in this regard to volume control stability

I can confirm that. With a sound engineer I heard for comparison with the preamp section of a T + A PA 3000 HV. What can I say? The digital volume control of the HQPlayer was clearly superior.

However, it is always recommended to use a dedicated Audio PC for this. Nothing else runs on my audio PC except the HQPlayer. My Roon Server runs on the Control PC. I activated a volume limit in Roon itself to avoid destructive noise.