IGNORED

HOLO Audio Spring DAC - R2R DSD512

Cool tboooe! My new Level 3 has been warming up for a week in my system. Planning to put ears on it for the first time this weekend.

Happy New Year Alex! Any initial impressions on your Holo Level 3 DAC yet? I ordered one just a few weeks ago and just got word from Tim that it was shipped out - about a full month EARLIER than Tim estimated! Awesome service!

Anyway... looking forward to hearing your impressions of your DAC.

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32572[/ATTACH]I dug out the Sonore to do some fiddling today. As I got a new Dac in the mail today and am doing some comparisons again of burned in vs not burned in... anyhow. not the point. I wanted to see if the urendu was working. Many said they had some issues doing oversampling to DSD512. I immediately noticed I no longer could do PCM to DSD512 from Rune... very odd. But after fiddling a bit. I got everything working... i did update Rune manually with a reinstall, and downloaded a new version of HQplayer, mine was outdated as I don't use it very often. 3.13 I believe. it's 3.14.4 now. My specs probably are not ideal still, as PCM setting probably can be 384k, but oddly the settings seem really picky on HQ player and don't make much sense to me. I used to use HQ player by it self before using Rune, and play a few files.. after that start up rune and things seem to work as intended.

I am using the urendu with usb direct into usb of the Spring KTE dac. I don't have an SU1 if you can believe, all are out on loan and waiting for a large order to arrive this week or early next week.

The popping that happens from PCM to DSD is still apparent and still looking into some solutions.

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro and Urendu is set to HQPlayer NAA mode.

Tim, thanks for this information, it definitely helps!

What version of the uRendu OS are you running (displayed in Sonicorbiter)?

Gary

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio

• 9 months later...
On 11/7/2017 at 7:26 PM, Superdad said:

Well I own a Holo Spring Level 3 and can assure you that the ISO REGEN is a terrific addition to it.  But obviously I am biased.  Yet there are a great many other Spring/ISO REGEN owners who will back me up on this...:D

I also have the Holo Spring Level 3 and I agree with Alex, the ISO Regen is a fantastic addition! I'm VERY happy with the improvement the ISO Regen brings to the DAC.