IGNORED

Was Journey, Foreigner, etc Bad?

Quintessential B-52's.

It is somehow funny that I started listening to B-52's the same time when learning about AC/DC, Foreigner, Cheap Trick, Linton Kwesi Johnson, Joy Division and The Clash. Got UFO Live from my aunt for the 16th birthday shortly after. Still not ashamed about this ancient mix

;-) Tom

Ha.ha,

this is so funny to see CONSOLIDATED at this forum.

It is my worst ever experience in talking with a likeminded left wing artist.

I had already over 15 years experiences in social movements when doing an interview for a free radio project in Hamburg due to the publishing of Consolidated new album "Play more music" in 1992. Meeting Adam Sherburne in a shady pup in the red light district of St. Pauli was getting a straight lesson taught about the superior knowledge of American activism in subjects like feminism, gender politics, homophobia, vegetarianism and everything else from the agenda of early-90s left wing debate. I may have had serious disadvantages within the American language setting then. Did not help to feel better.

Nonetheless, I have never felt less stupid and useless when talking to other people with a likeminded mindset. I was very much wondering why he had so much knowledge and so less empathy.

Could have been a leftist counterpart to Priaptor, when discussing politics here. (IMHO not valid for most of the other subjects).

On the other hand, talking with the likes of Chumbawamba or Alice Donut had been a lot more fun. Or concerts of DHOH.

;-) Tom

<br>

and

<br>