IGNORED

I wonder why we don't have a lot of women in this hobby

...he,he. "Lifts the Veil and Draws You In"? But what's with the medieval-lookin' crown? A bit of Gothic?

2nd thought: “Lifting the Veil to Reveal Truth”?

Imo, one of the most mesmerising marble sculptures in The Louvre: ‘Femme Voilée (The Veiled Lady)’ by Antonio Corradini.

TVL1.jpg

This piece is speculated to represent ‘Faith’.

There is another, ‘Truth’, on display at Museo San Severo in Napoli.

More 'curvaceous'… so, please google if you will.

Sheesh... I don't even find the Totem ad to be racy or a big deal.

Some people get all worked up about the waitress uniforms at Hooters. I think, what is the big deal? You see way more on any public beach, pool or sometimes even at the mall- both male and female. I take my family to Hooters and my boys love the wings!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I would imagine a lot of women wouldn't think of music as a "hobby". Also, I think more and more women are listening to more music than ever before. When I set up a Sonos system for a customer (whether speakers, Connect, amp, whatever) I would say 80-90% of the time the women are as enthusiastic about being able to listen to SO much different music as the men are. Women are much more pragmatic about the whole process and ask, why would I spend more and if it's not demonstrably better? If it's not, then guess what? It's a no go. It's simple, it has to sound good in order to be considered.

PS. Not sure where everyone has been but Vince has LONG used imagery such as the raven haired beauty in that poster to advertise his speakers. Go to a Cedia show and see how many large posters with great looking women he has around his exhibit. Doesn't hurt his display usually sounds good too.

David

2nd thought: “Lifting the Veil to Reveal Truth”?

Imo, one of the most mesmerising marble sculptures in The Louvre: ‘Femme Voilée (The Veiled Lady)’ by Antonio Corradini.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27881[/ATTACH]

This piece is speculated to represent ‘Faith’.

There is another, ‘Truth’, on display at Museo San Severo in Napoli.

More 'curvaceous'… so, please google if you will.

That's one hell of an intriguing piece of sculpture. I need to get there.

David

I would imagine a lot of women wouldn't think of music as a "hobby". Also, I think more and more women are listening to more music than ever before. When I set up a Sonos system for a customer (whether speakers, Connect, amp, whatever) I would say 80-90% of the time the women are as enthusiastic about being able to listen to SO much different music as the men are. Women are much more pragmatic about the whole process and ask, why would I spend more and if it's not demonstrably better? If it's not, then guess what? It's a no go. It's simple, it has to sound good in order to be considered.

That is interesting.

Sheesh... I don't even find the Totem ad to be racy or a big deal.

Some people get all worked up about the waitress uniforms at Hooters. I think, what is the big deal? You see way more on any public beach, pool or sometimes even at the mall- both male and female. I take my family to Hooters and my boys love the wings!

I'm sure they love the breasts as well. ;) Does context matter? Just a person on the beach compared to employee/server in a restaurant? Perhaps for some none of it matters. I think it matters. Most of the women I know and some of the men think it matters. I'm not on a crusade. For example, I don't really care if people are publicly nude or semi-nude, depending on context, intent, potential for harm.

I'm sure they love the breasts as well. ;)

No doubt about it!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

"I have this pet peeve about equipment. It should just WORK."

Guys at least want to know how it works or at least feign knowing what works best. Women just want such things to perform as they should. Like magic, and I mean real simple magic.

I have lady friend that says "if it doesn't work very time I flip the switch it's a f---ing hobby!".

Seems she actually has a lot of hobbies, then. She breaks everything!

Hah! Yep, how typical/cliché.

Wow, I see both the woman in the OP's pic, and this can-wearing one, as listening so intently that they become sexually and/or mentally aroused. That's what I see every day on the street, on the bus, passing in cars, with people listening to their music on earbuds. Everyone's on the verge of ecstacy where I live.

Is that not the same everywhere on the planet???? :so confused:

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

I also don't find these ads to be an issue but this is coming from a straight, unmarried young male :)

Maybe Totem doesn't want homosexuals buying their gear? Maybe they don't want women influencing there men as the man listens to the gear on display?

So they chase all these other folks away by displaying so called "racy/provocative" Ad's that some individuals would rather avoid being in the presence of or seeing.

But then again, maybe everyone including myself are reading too much into it :)

I have a Sonos speaker in the kitchen and my wife loves it. She absolutely loves having every red book quality rip at her fingertips when eating dinner, having people over, doing household chores, etc. She can also, unprompted, always tell when a bona ride hi res file is being played on the main stereo. She's also annoyed when she hears music she likes only to find out that it's only available in a hi res, non-Sonos compatible format. She also expects music playback to work glitch-free every time.

Could she become an audiophile? Well, she has the ears and the appreciation of quality sound. Does she care to become one? If it means GAS, upgradeitis and spending money that can net you a no frills car or a nice vacation then the answer is no. She also never just sits down with the sole intent of listening to music. It's all about priorities and what different people see value in.

As far as the "sex sells" advertising goes, we're both too old to care.

In this context, what do you make of "Totem: Discover yours."? Male rite of passage? ;)

OK, let's see. It may take a couple of posts to come to conclusions.

totem06.jpg

I think it was here that Totem thought of women and washing machines. It was a thought way in the future.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

As far as the "sex sells" advertising goes, we're both too old to care.

But then Totem thought more 70's and created the real washing machine resemblance :

totem07.jpg

You can see what's on their mind already.

XXHighEnd (developer)

I also don't find these ads to be an issue but this is coming from a straight, unmarried young male :)

Maybe Totem doesn't want homosexuals buying their gear?

They were quite ahead of times and thought of this :

totem11.jpg

Later they saw it wasn't the best idea.

XXHighEnd (developer)

listening so intently that they become sexually and/or mentally aroused. That's what I see every day on the street, on the bus, passing in cars, with people listening to their music on earbuds.

They came up with the more modern stuff. Typical buss poster.

totem02.jpg

Isn't that sweet.

XXHighEnd (developer)

Hah! But if your sons were your daughters, would you still be going to Hooters? And if your daughters wanted to work at Hooters, would you be ok with that?

Well, that depends on further ideas.

totem09.jpg

As long as your daughters play with dolls, all is fine.

But one day that will stop :

totem08.jpg

XXHighEnd (developer)

I'm sure they love the breasts as well.

This is what Totem thought too.

totem10.jpg

But it didn't work well again. Back to the drawing table.

totem03.jpg

XXHighEnd (developer)