IGNORED

I wonder why we don't have a lot of women in this hobby

I'm sure the German von is a preposition.

But is it genetic?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Does it follow the genetic method?

Know where he learned to play organ?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Your experience is obviously different from mine. But your generalizations are simply not valid, especially among a group of people who think nothing of spending a grand on a cable.

Do you believe that financial group is representative of the worlds population in general, or more a tiny subsection.

In any case you're discussing a couple small blips in the bigger picture.

Men and women are still just wired different and show different general interests from infancy.

But we can move on now, nothing new to see here. LOL

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Good insight. This is also a problem for guys (ie. needing to wade through enormous amounts of info). For example the effort to understand the engineering behind measurements may be offputting for the majority of people.

I think the audio industry self perpetuates this problem. Not to sound cynical, but making terms and concepts inaccessible helps dealers/business.

Yes, I think it started out helping dealers when the economy was good and people had money to burn, but it is NOT helping them any more in this economy. I think they are missing that and shooting themselves in the foot. I know people who will not buy anything but a boombox at this point in time because they are afraid of making a costly mistake. And these are volunteer radio DJ's who LOVE music. I'm sure others are buying Pioneer and Yamaha mid systems when they could be buying up, only because they are afraid of the same thing. Audio stores are going out of business. There are only so many rich customers to cater to. It's a limited population and repeat sales are probably a LOT less as they can pay to audition and have systems professionally installed.

I had a teacher who was an illustrator who worked on very early 2 dimensional art design with computers in the late 70's/early 80's. Basically she was one of the people who explained why something was incomprehensible and she was a paid "sounding board". She said some unrepeatable things about the process. lol. I can not imagine working on PS 1.x without even a book. I think I would shoot myself.