IGNORED

JRiver has launched Media Center 22

For Mac and Windows, and maybe Linux too.

one of the changes is you are now able to load a full album into memory, but I don't think that feature is working fully yet.

SoX resampling, if that's important to you.

I think it is in Beta now, so keep that in mind if you download it.

No electron left behind.

I mention that for you other Mac users, I wish to save you the hour or so looking through all the options again and again trying to find the Sox settings...

Thats what I saw on the Jriver forums Chris.

HAHAHA, just saw that you edited my title, did I miss the "J" Been a long day.

No electron left behind.

More v22 info:

Good Day,

Have you been wishing for something new and exciting? JRiver Media Center 22 is now available on our forum. It's at an early stage, and many more changes are coming. We invite you to join in the fun of shaping the future of digital media. One of our goals is to make MC easier to use without reducing its capabilities. You can help us if you're willing.

Download MC22

Downloads can be found on the new MC22 boards.

Upgrade Deals

Early Bird prices on upgrades are available now, starting at $19.98, for owners of any previous version. If you have already upgraded, thanks very much for your support! You can just download and install.

Audio

NEW: MC has a new high quality Sox resampler. NEW: Memory playback now allows full albums. NEW: Cover art during playback for tracks that lack cover art. NEW: Right click Car Radio buttons to select playlist to use. NEW: Hold shift to select volume for all linked zones.

TV

NEW: Improved ATSC Electronic Program Guide over-the-air scanning. NEW: Support for DVB HD channels that use HEVC/H.265 encoding. NEW: Improved crash handling for restarting automatically. NEW: DVB TV has a new "Audio programs" context menu to switch audio on-the-fly . COMING SOON: "Year" field will be available for TV Recording rules; Over-the-Air EPG scanning for DVB TV.

Remote Control

NEW: Panel is a sleek new web interface app that provides access to MC playback in a way that is easy and appealing for casual users. It uses HTML5 to do some cool things. It includes a few remote setup features for MC.

Lights, Camera, Action

NEW: Engen, JRiver's lighting control, is a brand new companion program, available at a reduced price of $20. You can use it to control lights and switches from any browser. Engen is reached from a button in Panel. It requires a USB Z Stick and devices that support Z-Wave: bulbs, switches, outlets, outlet strips, etc. More here.

More New Features

NEW: Fields can be configured as "Linkable" so that they'll show the little link icon. Analyze audio when importing a single folder. Plans for MC22.

OneRemote

NEW: In August we will introduce a new Android app called OneRemote on the Play Store. It is a customizable menu app. You can make your own menu buttons to group and control media, lights, switches, other apps and many other things. You can add backgrounds based on photos that you find or take. You can choose your own organizational structure, in a way that is similar to creating your own structure of folders. The entire menu can be shared to the cloud and restored on another machine. OneRemote is $9.98, and will be available for less initially.

Thanks Again

As always, we deeply appreciate your support and advice. We'll see you on the forum.

Warm regards,

JRiver

Unsubscribe Getting Started FAQ Restoring a License Wiki Forum

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I installed the Jriver 22 beta last week and have been surprised at the sound quality. I think they have finally closed the gap on the top players this time. Not sure what they have done to achieve this but perhaps the filters and dither options are superior to previous versions. Noticeable difference for me in V22 over V20 which I had before.

I use JRiver primarily for library management. Typically use is for tagging and media conversions. Need to evaluate how well 22 performs in that area. Some of the new areas like Engen and Panel look very interesting although I don't see myself trying anything Engen anytime soon.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

For Mac and Windows, and maybe Linux too.

one of the changes is you are now able to load a full album into memory, but I don't think that feature is working fully yet.

SoX resampling, if that's important to you.

I think it is in Beta now, so keep that in mind if you download it.

Good idea for them to implement SoX resampler. I've had the plugin installed on Foobar2000 for the past year. It's quite efficient and precise.

I installed the Jriver 22 beta last week and have been surprised at the sound quality. I think they have finally closed the gap on the top players this time. Not sure what they have done to achieve this but perhaps the filters and dither options are superior to previous versions. Noticeable difference for me in V22 over V20 which I had before.

I use JRiver primarily for library management. Typically use is for tagging and media conversions. Need to evaluate how well 22 performs in that area. Some of the new areas like Engen and Panel look very interesting although I don't see myself trying anything Engen anytime soon.

I had the same experience of MC20 last summer when I used their 30 day evaluation period. Disliked MC20 sound quality. Maybe I'll have a go of MC22 this time, to see if there's any improvement.

Is a 64-bit version of MC22 available?

Just spent my $20 charitable contribution (as I doubt I'll be using it that much) to JRiver, and am surprised that the program still looks still just as Windowsy on Mac as the very first version on MacOs. Am also surprised that it needs to completely reimport all files instead of just taking the library from the versions 19 and 20 I already have on my Mac.

I'll report back on SQ when my large library is fully imported (which may take several hours).

Just spent my $20 charitable contribution (as I doubt I'll be using it that much) to JRiver, and am surprised that the program still looks still just as Windowsy on Mac as the very first version on MacOs. Am also surprised that it needs to completely reimport all files instead of just taking the library from the versions 19 and 20 I already have on my Mac.

I'll report back on SQ when my large library is fully imported (which may take several hours).

Interesting. The Windows version keeps the same library when upgraded.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Interesting. The Windows version keeps the same library when upgraded.

The Mac version requires you to backup your v21 (or whatever) library first, then restore into the newer version. That's the only way to keep your settings and library, etc., between versions.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

OneRemote

NEW: In August we will introduce a new Android app called OneRemote on the Play Store. It is a customizable menu app. You can make your own menu buttons to group and control media, lights, switches, other apps and many other things. You can add backgrounds based on photos that you find or take. You can choose your own organizational structure, in a way that is similar to creating your own structure of folders. The entire menu can be shared to the cloud and restored on another machine. OneRemote is $9.98, and will be available for less initially.

Oh dear, it does look like they are moving away from JRemote, which is the one of the best reasons to use JRMC. I was kinda of thinking they would be doing this, as they are not really Mac people. (*sigh*)

I already upgraded, so I will use it through at least version 22 I guess. But I reckon it is time to start thinking of another player - just in case.

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Oh dear, it does look like they are moving away from JRemote, which is the one of the best reasons to use JRMC. I was kinda of thinking they would be doing this, as they are not really Mac people. (*sigh*)

I already upgraded, so I will use it through at least version 22 I guess. But I reckon it is time to start thinking of another player - just in case.

-Paul

At least so far Jremote works fine.

At least so far Jremote works fine.

Version 3.22 is what is on my phone right now. Last update was October of 2015. That's been a while, and there has been lots of changes. No idea if it will be updated for iOS10, though it will need to be.

-Paul

Robert A. Heinlein

-Paul

A+

No electron left behind.

That was my first disappointment of MC20. On importing files into my playlist, it jumbled all the tags and made an incoherent mess of things. Foobar2000 is significantly more civilised when importing files into playlist. Easily readable track descriptions straight away.

-Paul

You should give a try at MUSIChi Suite

You should give a try at MUSIChi Suite

Thanks, I looked at that a while back. Perhaps I will look at it again. I think that A+ is the immediate goto program on the Mac. Under Windows, I am not sure what makes sense these days. Nothing like A+ for Windows.

-Paul

Robert A. Heinlein

-Paul

What makes you think they are moving away from JRemote? I would think it is an important selling point for JRiver and it is widely used. I would not think they would take it away unless they had something much better waiting in the wings, but that is hard to imagine.

Thanks, I looked at that a while back. Perhaps I will look at it again. I think that A+ is the immediate goto program on the Mac. Under Windows, I am not sure what makes sense these days. Nothing like A+ for Windows.

-Paul

I have both, mac mini with A+ and a laptop running windows10+AO+fidelizer with Music. The latter has a better SQ IMHO...

What makes you think they are moving away from JRemote? I would think it is an important selling point for JRiver and it is widely used. I would not think they would take it away unless they had something much better waiting in the wings, but that is hard to imagine.

No JRemote updates in almost a year, the announcement of a big new android project, and a previously demonstrated bit of antipathy toward Apple.

Mix them together, and the signs may be pretty dire. At this point they can say they support Apple, but a majority of their customers are on Windows, so that is where they wan to spend time and effort. Whch is perfectly okay.

I do wish they had spent a little more time and effort on Mac and iOS though. The Windows interface on the Mac App is not pleasent, but the iOS JRemote app was good enough ai rarely if ever had to contend with the interface...

Robert A. Heinlein