IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Just for the heck of it, I would download all the files again.

One, or more, of them may be slightly corrupted.

Be sure that you are using a FAT32 formatted USB 2.0 thumb drive that only has the directory 'AutoScript' on it.

In that AutoScript directory, be sure that there are only 3 files:

AutoScript (no suffix)

AutoScript.TSS

sacd_extract (no suffix)

Another USB stick and power on with it in did the trick.  Ripping my first SACD now!!  Many more to go now.

I was using a USB 3.0 with other files on it.  I just had to try it since it was handy.  It seemed to work since it did open the tray.  With an older USB 2.0 drive and everything else deleted from it no problems.

I should have taken more to heart what was said about trying other USB sticks.

On 13/08/2017 at 6:48 PM, Kal Rubinson said:

Beat me to it.  Agreed.

Precisely. In principle, a 24/88.2k envelope should be big enough to contain all that is in a DSD64 signal, but I was missing something when I tried this. It sounded a bit flat and lifeless - which I regained by using 24/176k.

22 hours ago, pabe12 said:

Precisely. In principle, a 24/88.2k envelope should be big enough to contain all that is in a DSD64 signal, but I was missing something when I tried this. It sounded a bit flat and lifeless - which I regained by using 24/176k.

I think that has a lot more to do with your DAC than anything inherent to the file.

- JediJoker

I've successfully retrieved ISOs of several SACDs, and I've successfully extracted dsf files from the ISOs. Thanks!

Yesterday my Oppo BDP-105D spontaneously updated its firmware. I don't want that to happen again unless I proactively decide to do a firmware update, but I've unsuccessfully searched the player's setup menu hierarchy for the place to control that behavior. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks, David

On 8/10/2017 at 8:30 PM, CatManDo said:

This is why it takes some time:

1. Player boots up

2. Checks for disc in drawer, then for connected USB drive

3. When USB drive found, it checks it's content, loads program files if present

4. Program files makes it open the drawer

When you have a USB drive with a LED indicator that lights up when the drive is accessed, you will see that it takes a lot of time after starting the player before it even accesses the drive, and the opening of the drawer happens a couple of seconds later.

Yes, this is exactly right. Once the USB drive flashes its light the drawer opens immediately afterwards. I also just timed my Oppo - it takes about 20 secs for the drawer to open after power on.

So is it best to have your Oppo 105D player and your computer both connected (by direct ethernet cable connections) to your router?

Also, is this true with the Cambridge 752BD?

(And any more status reports on experience with the Cambridge? I have both the Oppo and Cambridge.)

Thank you very much for your help.

On 8/25/2017 at 0:26 PM, bellhead said:

So is it best to have your Oppo 105D player and your computer both connected (by direct ethernet cable connections) to your router?

Certainly doing it this way is the most foolproof method of extracting ISOs.

Since we're here, extracting the ISO file THEN converting it down to DSF or FLAC files later also keeps the process simple. Besides personal experience, 97 pages of this thread have shown this over and over again! 

On 19/08/2017 at 7:05 PM, JediJoker said:

I think that has a lot more to do with your DAC than anything inherent to the file.

Possibly - but I rather think it's the conversion program/routine that is to blame here.

I have RIPs from CDs (at a much lower rate, 44.1k/16) that do possess those qualities that I miss in my 88k DSD conversions. Whereas my 176k conversions sound fine.

I recently purchased an Oppo BDP-103D [latest firmware rev] for the express purpose of ripping my SACD collection to ISO for conversion to flac files. I'm using an Asus AC1900 router to connect to my PC [A Win10 64-bit computer] and the Oppo via gigabit Ethernet connections. I carefully followed the latest version of haggis999's prescription for ripping w/Sonore ISODSD but have so far had no luck creating an ISO. The prepared USB stick seems to be working as the drawer opens up 5 or so seconds after insertion. However, when I put in the disc, press play, and initiate the Sonore software, the USB stick blinks once and then nothing happens. The Sonore software does not report any error or activity. In fact, the program becomes unresponsive. I also tried the original method, using the modified sacd.cmd file and running from the command line, but achieved the same result. The cursor goes to the next line and sits there blinking. It also becomes unresponsive. Any thoughts on what might be the problem? Thanks, in advance, for taking the time to reply.

This worked for me and, I think, at least one other forum member:

Be sure that you are using a FAT32 formatted USB 2.0 thumb drive that only has the directory 'AutoScript' on it.

In that AutoScript directory, be sure that there are only 3 files:

AutoScript (no suffix)

AutoScript.TSS

sacd_extract (no suffix)

Art, the 103D responds:

Reply from 192.168.29.114: bytes=32 time<1ms> TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.29.114:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

Approximate round trip times in milliseconds:

Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

Hi fellow rippers,

After a few more hours of trying different things, I finally found out what the problem was. Win 10 said that the port address of my Oppo BDP-103D was 2870. So, when I entered the URL in the Sonore software, I replaced the port address of 2002 [which I thought was a placeholder] with 2870. Changing it back to 2002 fixed the problem. Thanks to the members who jumped in to lend a hand.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a second hand oppo 103, but didn't ask about the firmware.  It has been updated by the previous owner to the latest firmware BDP10X-83-1226.  Can anyone confirm whether this firmware still works with the SACD ripping?  I haven't had any luck yet getting the tray to open with USB stick plugged in.  I'm going to try another stick when my friend finds it (I lent it to him).  Hopefully I'm not wasting my time (and money on the oppo).

Anyway you can give more detail in plain English as to the steps involving special apps and files for this ripping method? Sorry, I'm computer literate at an intermediate level, but I have not clue where to find the apps you are referring to and how to do some of the steps you mention. Please, talk to us like we're computer idiots, because some of us are, well...at least I am.