IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

4 hours ago, SalR406 said:

I saw this graphic somewhere, probably on the thread over on HiFi Haven. It offers a nice summary...

SACDAutoRip_overview_20200722.png

This list is current and up to date excepting the omission of the Sony UHP-H1, and the Marantz UD7007, both of which were found to be compatible during mid-2020.

The Sony UHP-H1 may require a custom AutoScript, I don't remember the full details there anymore as I have yet to find an affordable example to test on my own, but at least two members did have success with it. The EU version of that machine might have a firmware which deletes Quick Start mode, and if so, it will only rip using the awake-server method.

The Marantz UD7007 uses the same AutoScript version as the Sony BDP-S790, and Denon DBT-3313.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 hour ago, Redbeemer said:

Although the other members have been very helpful in showing you other players which can perform the SACD ripping, I thought I would mention that Oppo Support/Service is still providing both warranty and non-warranty service on all Oppo players.  I sent my 93 back for repair and paid a flat $75, including return shipping for the repair.  They installed a complete new optical drive in my unit and my unit was returned very quickly to me (turns out the Oppo was fine, but they installed the new optical drive anyway since I had already paid to ship it to them; my bad, I didn't check my hdmi cable).  So if your Oppo dies in the near future, you can probably get it put back to "factory fresh" condition for a nominal fee.  Of course, I have no idea how long Oppo will continue to provide service since they no longer sell any new products.

Thank you!  This is very helpful.

42 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

This list is current and up to date excepting the omission of the Sony UHP-H1, and the Marantz UD7007, both of which were found to be compatible during mid-2020.

The Sony UHP-H1 may require a custom AutoScript, I don't remember the full details there anymore as I have yet to find an affordable example to test on my own, but at least two members did have success with it. The EU version of that machine might have a firmware which deletes Quick Start mode, and if so, it will only rip using the awake-server method.

The Marantz UD7007 uses the same AutoScript version as the Sony BDP-S790, and Denon DBT-3313.

Thank you very much for providing extra options.  I noticed Marantz UD5007 also has an Ethernet connection with SACD capability.  Wonder if anyone has any successful experience with that unit?  Of course, with these two conditions it just means a possibility.  

1 hour ago, Mahler and Bach on Computer said:

Thank you very much for providing extra options.  I noticed Marantz UD5007 also has an Ethernet connection with SACD capability.  Wonder if anyone has any successful experience with that unit?  Of course, with these two conditions it just means a possibility.  

Tested and found to be incompatible (wrong Linux kernel version in player OS), and the same is true for it's close cousin the Denon DBT-1713, I tested that one myself, incompatible.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi - I have an Oppo BDP-105 and I am having trouble using the Sonore iso2dsd tool as described in the instructions contained in this thread.  Here is the output I get after starting my Oppo, inserting the USB stick with AutoScript folder in root, placing SACD in tray and closing the tray, then executing the jar file:

Failed to connect
libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.1.242:2002 for reading

sacd_extract 0.3.9.3 enhanced by euflo ....starting!

Program terminates!

I am not sure how to proceed at this point.... Any ideas?  Thanks.

I use an iMac with macOS Big Sur, latest version.

Interestingly, my setup worked perfectly in ripping my SACD's for several years.  When I upgraded to Big Sur, this problem started.

The IP address is fixed and is an exact match through all of the troubleshooting I've done. 

4 hours ago, Merko said:

I use an iMac with macOS Big Sur, latest version.

Interestingly, my setup worked perfectly in ripping my SACD's for several years.  When I upgraded to Big Sur, this problem started.

The IP address is fixed and is an exact match through all of the troubleshooting I've done. 

Can you post a screenshot of your ISO2DSD folder?

Alternatively, does the sacd_extract file in that folder identify as a TextEdit file, or a Unix executable?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

On 3/20/2021 at 1:19 PM, windowz2017 said:

From auto extract with pioneer, I have one seen that at seemingly random intervals there is bad data inserted in the output file. Seems like something interrupts the stream of data from being written perfectly. has anyone else experienced this and was the cause ever discovered?

Are you referring to use of AutoRip A4?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

20 minutes ago, Merko said:

It is an executable.  I did 'sudo chmod a+x sacd_extract' to be sure.

That executable resides inside of the ISO2DSD folder and not elsewhere?

Separate of that, are you using the exact same AutoScript USB flash drive as previously, or is this somehow a different flash drive or AutoScript version now in use with the 105?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

1 minute ago, Merko said:

Freshly downloaded copies of sacd_extract, AutoScript folder, and iso2dsd.jar.  The Flash drive has been reformatted and the AutoScript folder is in it's root.

That all looks good, and the -99 version of sacd_extract has been tested as working with Big Sur, even on the newest M1-based Macs, so I do not know what the issue is except to say if you haven't already done so, a hard power cycle (with flash drive removed) reboot of the player may resolve it.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

You likely did not need any flash drive reformatting, so I'd at least have a minor concern there.

Oppo players will work with a flash drive formatted FAT32, NTFS, or exFAT, so long as the partition scheme is MBR.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Yes, I think the problem began around the time I upgraded to Big Sur.  It is one of several network related problems I have run into since then; this connection issue with my networked Oppo, also connection issues with other Macs on my home LAN, to name two.

I have managed to deal with this issue and restore SACD-ripping functionality, but in an inelegant way..... I installed dsd2iso and sacd_extract binaries on Windows 10 (which I have running in a VM) plus the USB flash drive. It sure does work - but I think that speaks to the macOS Big Sur network (or network security) problem I have currently.

Ahhh....maybe someday I’ll figure it out, or it will all magically get better with a macOS update.

I had this all working like a dream on my trusty old Apple Macbook Pro running MacOs Mojave, ripping SACDs from my Oppo BDP105 using the SONORE utilities. 

That laptop had to be replaced ,with a near identical more powerful Apple Macbook Pro, this time running MacOs Big Sur V. 11.2.3 .

Disaster!  The SACD ripping ability has disappeared so I thought I'd try to reinstall the SONORE code and start again. 

I have downloaded the latest ISO2DSD JAR file (-99 level) and placed it in a new "SACD" folder, as it happens in the Desktop folder. 

In a new ISO2DSD subfolder within that SACD folder I have added the also newly-downloaded files:

sacd_extract.cfg  ;

and

sacd_extract 

I can get the JAR file to open and present me with the GUI, which of course I recognise from my previous use of the ISO2DSD utility; I have carefully checked and entered the current valid IP address of the OPPO BDP-105 ; at first, the EXECUTE button failed to do anything until (as instructed in the SONORE guidance) I used the Terminal app to go into the ISO2DSD directory and then ran this command:

• chmod a+x sacd_extract

The Execute button at least now changes state when pressed; however, what happens is that after a few seconds, the system / program comes back with the unhelpful failure / error messages shown in the attached screenshot. 

Can any kind guru please suggest what I'm doing wrong, and what I need to change to make it work again?

Many thanks in advance 

Tony Ford, Guildford, UK

ISO2DSD failure screenshot 03iv2021.jpg

1 hour ago, Sidemounter said:

I have downloaded the latest ISO2DSD JAR file (-99 level) and placed it in a new "SACD" folder, as it happens in the Desktop folder. 

In a new ISO2DSD subfolder within that SACD folder I have added the also newly-downloaded files:

sacd_extract.cfg  ;

and

sacd_extract 

That you can't do with ISO2DSD.

Everything has to be in the same folder, don't make subfolders, just choose one folder name (I use ISO2DSD as the name for that folder) and put everything in that very same folder.

The Sonore setup instructions do hint at this:

SETUP

• Create a new folder called iso2dsd
  • Download iso2dsd_gui.jar.zip and unzip its content into the iso2dsd folder
  • Download sacd_extract for the operating system you use and unzip its content into the iso2dsd folder

That should work, and if it doesn't I'm really not sure what is going on here with these Big Sur problems as I know of a tester that confirmed it working on a new Mac mini with M1 chip running Big Sur.

The only difference there was he used SACDExtractGUI as the front-end, not ISO2DSD, however that really should not pose any big difference at all as that's just the Java applet GUI that instructs the executable, sacd_extract is the actual application that performs the rip.

The -99 version of sacd_extract was tested on OSX versions as far back as 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, and through to more recent versions including High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur.

If you change the folder structure as described above and still have a problem, I would suggest setting ISO2DSD aside, and give SACDExtractGUI a try. But first just see if correcting the folder structure gets you up and running with ISO2DSD.

If nothing else with SACDExtractGUI you gain some new functionality, and also a couple of troubleshooting buttons too which might yield clues as to what is going on. ISO2DSD is a great GUI, but it does lack those troubleshooting buttons and so it's hard to say what exactly is going on there.

Coincidentally, with SACDExtractGUI you don't have to keep everything in the same folder as with ISO2DSD, there is a pointer in the Program field that you use to Browse and specify the exact path to sacd_extract, it doesn't matter where you put it or it's enclosing folder, you just Browse to specify that path.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

False alarm.... I recently did a clean install of OSX Big Sur and of course had to reinstall everything. The IP address of my Oppo had to be put back into iso2dsd. I checked my router to find the reserved IP address of my Oppo (can't see it on the Oppo unless I plug in a monitor) and saw that it was 10.x.x.100. What I had failed to realise was that this router is an old one which I had in reserve in case my usual router failed (it did, about 1 month ago). It was the wrong address! It was what I used when I first began ripping SACDs but for some reason I must have changed it later when I got the new (now defunct) router. Anyway, after a lot of stuffing around today I eventually worked it out and all is now good. iso2dsd v7 does indeed work with Big Sur as does iso2dsd v6. I also tried SACD Extract GUI and it works too!

So it just goes to show that checking all things thoroughly pays dividends. Sorry to mislead the thread, albeit unintentionally.......

37 minutes ago, Beacon said:

IP address of my Oppo (can't see it on the Oppo unless I plug in a monitor)

get Fing desktop 😉

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones