IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

I have an Oppo105D US version.  I got the drawer to open up.  Inserted SACD, ran ISO2DSD.  Didn't work.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong.  I noticed that the "Print" box was ticked.  I tried it ticked and unticked.  Raw ISO or Sony DSF.  Same result below.  I initially had the Auto Play Mode and Auto Restart on, which I have now turned off.

This is the error message I get:

sacd_extract 0.3.9.3 enhanced by euflo ....starting! 

Found configuration 'sacd_extract.cfg' file... 
    Artist will be added in folder name (artist=0) no 
    Performer will be added in filename of track (performer=0) no 
    Padding-less (nopad=0) no 
    Pauses included (pauses=0) no 
    Concatenate (concatenate=0) no 
    ID3tagV2.4 (id3tag = 4) yes 

Program terminates! 

Failed to connect 
libsacdread: Can't open [Oppo IP address] for reading 

2 hours ago, jferguson said:

Well, the files are ripping, but they're not being ripped into the SACD folder I created (in which the ISO program resides).

A search of the computer does not turn them up.

Any suggestions as to what I've done wrong?

image.png.f7db312440944de69eed1de557164aad.png

The ISO2DSD program does not allow you to specify an output directory, the rips will always be placed in the ISO2DSD program folder itself and you can't change that behavior.

If you use SACDExtractGUI instead, you can specify your output directory.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Mikey,

Apologies for my incompetence.

I created the ISO2DSD folder as the instructions stated, in the root directory.

image.png.2b2de0218d8f0ba455498a585be13cd2.png

However, I note that the type is WinRAR ZIP archive.  I was prompted whether I wanted to archive these, and I clicked no.  I think that may be why they're not showing up anywhere?

This is what the ISO2DSD folder looks like.  I don't see the ripped files.  There's nothing in the MACOS folder.

image.thumb.png.d34a3fd743ed5857d86b9a1a177a15ef.png

Yeah, still not working.  I was able to rip three SACDs; however, I can only find the files for one the rips.

The workflow is that I open the file iso2dsd_gui.exe.  The selections remain as they were the previous use (server input, dual, Sony DSF).  I don't know what Print means or why it's checked.

I place the SACD in the drawer.  AutoPlay is off.  IP address has not changed.

I hit execute, and the ripping begins.  15-20 minutes later, the ripping ends.

So far so good.  But then, I don't see the new folder.  The first rip showed a folder, but that folder has now disappeared.  the second folder (DSOTM) never showed.  The third rip created a folder Plays Live Highlights, but that folder is empty.  I was once prompted whether I wanted to archive the files.  Initially I said no; second time for Layla I said yes and it worked.  For Dark Side of the Moon, I was never prompted to archive the files, and no folder ever appeared.  For the third rip, Peter Gabriel Plays Live, a folder was created Plays Live Highlights, but it is empty.

image.thumb.png.57ea9ceb66658501e7e2794f333c7d58.png

Ripping is completed, as shown below.  What am I supposed to do then. 

image.png.86ea45f81cb09094c276df01a7dbc86c.png

Plays Live Highlights folder is not visible on the drive I created called SACD.  It is however, visible if I re-open the of the iso2dsd zip download.  However, when I click through there is nothing there, and the following "extraction" starts.  But when it ends, I still can't find any music files.

image.png.45eec133f12714f0d847ada16d021062.png

If you haven't already done so, do a search of you're heard drive for *.dsf, it should show you all files and their path, you can navigate there and move them where ever you want, and maybe it will be more clear once you find them, why they were written there. I think you may find them in a sub folder of c:/Users/yourusername/

3 hours ago, jferguson said:

However, I note that the type is WinRAR ZIP archive.  I was prompted whether I wanted to archive these, and I clicked no.  I think that may be why they're not showing up anywhere?

You should have clicked yes initially to unzip the ISO2DSD folder, I don't think you did that.

None of the above should be happening. It appears to me you should start over with ISO2DSD, be sure you have unzipped whatever your system decided to zip (i.e. the actual ISO2DSD program folder download).

Once the ISO2DSD program folder has been unzipped once and for all, there should be no further prompting or discussion from the OS about archiving and the like.

Short answer : unzip ISO2DSD, then launch the GUI by clicking the .jar file.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

10 hours ago, BluRay444 said:

>Could be a corrupted file, either during download or from origin 

>Incomplete download, stopped at 99% done or similar

>Certain web browsers mishandling a file during or after the download process

>A bug

See:

How to Open a Zip File That Turns Into a CPGZ:

https://osxdaily.com/2013/02/13/open-zip-cpgz-file/

Hi, thank you.  Appears still have a problem.

On 8/17/2020 at 4:47 AM, Nexus3 said:

A small shout-out to the owners of a Pioneer BDP-180 or BDP-X300 blu-ray player (mainly sold in Europe & Asia):

spacer.png

spacer.png

Your device could be compatible - drop by and lets find out!

Hi new user here following the thread. I have the Pioneer BDP-X300 and would be be happy to help try it. I tried the AutoScript folder on a root of a usb drive but I get no response and unable to telnet to ip address of my device on port 2002.

3 hours ago, Nexus3 said:

Hello @andrewwai18

Great that you volunteer checking the SACD ripping ability of this Pioneer model.😉

Please try out the ARMinfo script first and share your findings.

GOOD LUCK! 👍

Thanks for the reply. I tried both the 6a and 7a scripts but nothing happens except a BUDA folder gets created on the thumb drive. The drive is an old 4GB unit formatted to FAT32. I have turned off autoplay on the BDP-X300 if that helps.

Seems the scripts does not run, the drive door does not open.