IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

36 minutes ago, tngiloy said:

Open the Oppo's settings and go to the 'network' settings. If that is not its IP address then put the actual IP address into the Sonore ISO2DSD program.

Like Kal said, that IP address doesn't sound right.

Also make sure you don't have a usb plugged into the rear.

The Oppo shows IP address 10.0.0.139 but I see nothing about the port number?  I have a wireless endpoint connected through the Ethernet  is that complicating things?  Should I plug my PC directly into the Oppo?

58 minutes ago, Kal Rubinson said:

I do not think this is a legitimate IP address for this.  Some like 192.169.1.XXX:XXXX

The Oppo shows IP address 10.0.0.139 but I see nothing about the port number?  I have a wireless endpoint connected through the Ethernet  is that complicating things?  Should I plug my PC directly into the Oppo?

42 minutes ago, stoutblock said:

The Port # is always 2002, that's hardcoded into the sacd_extract.exe and never changes.

If the Oppo has that IP address you should be good on that end, and the WiFi access point should work just fine so long as it is on the same subnet as the computer is.

I suggest you dump the AutoScript you currently have, and reinstall using this one. I say that both because we don't know where you got the one you have now and it could be a custom script intended for use with Telnet only, or it could be that you broke the script by clicking into that .TSS file.

Leave it alone, don't open those files for any reason, there is nothing to see or do there, just put the entire enclosing folder called AutoScript at the root of a USB thumb drive. With an Oppo (only), the thumb drive can actually be FAT32, NTFS, or even exFAT format, but in all cases the partition scheme must be Master Boot Record.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 hour ago, MikeyFresh said:

The Port # is always 2002, that's hardcoded into the sacd_extract.exe and never changes.

If the Oppo has that IP address you should be good on that end, and the WiFi access point should work just fine so long as it is on the same subnet as the computer is.

I suggest you dump the AutoScript you currently have, and reinstall using this one. I say that both because we don't know where you got the one you have now and it could be a custom script intended for use with Telnet only, or it could be that you broke the script by clicking into that .TSS file.

Leave it alone, don't open those files for any reason, there is nothing to see or do there, just put the entire enclosing folder called AutoScript at the root of a USB thumb drive. With an Oppo (only), the thumb drive can actually be FAT32, NTFS, or even exFAT format, but in all cases the partition scheme must be Master Boot Record.

Not sure what a subnet is?  My PC is connected directly to the wireless router/modem with Ethernet.  The oppo is connected to the same router but wireless through the WiFi endpoint.  

Thanks for the autoscript files and I will try this next.

Thanks a bunch guys!  I might actually get this working!

2 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

On this link I seen an autoscript file, a autoscript.tss file and a sacd_extract file.  I don't see a autoscript folder?

37 minutes ago, stoutblock said:

On this link I seen an autoscript file, a autoscript.tss file and a sacd_extract file.  I don't see a autoscript folder?

Use the Download button on the upper right hand corner of the DropBox UI.

1941059002_ScreenShot2020-09-06at12_17_55AM.thumb.jpg.26ed088a2e4969daa4589ef518828b15.jpg

That should yield the entire AutoScript folder, and not just its contents.

Alternatively, if your browser/OS settings combination insist on discarding that outer/enclosing folder called AutoScript on download, just make a folder called AutoScript and put the 3 items you listed inside that folder.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

On 9/13/2020 at 7:29 AM, tngiloy said:

Are you having problems or do you have a specific question. The guru's here have helped when I've had problems or questions. And they are willing to help.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:34 AM, JSchmidt said:

Look at the very first post in the thread. At the bottom there is a link to a Word document that summarizes the procedure. That should get you started and then you can post more specific questions if you run into problems.

I have the ISO2DSD application working fine.  I am just curious what the three radio buttons do?  Cue Sheet, Convert DST to DSD and Print?  I read a bit about DST and I guess some SACD have this as a compression method to get the tracks on one disk?  In this case does the DAC have to convert it from DST to DSD?  I assume this radio button converts it from DST to DSD prior to storing on HD?  Pros and cons?

Hey all--I just purchased a [used, obviously] Phillips BDP-80FD on eBay. The drive seems to be not working. When I put a disc in, it still registers as "No Disc." I opened it up to see what's going on, and it barely even spins the disc—like a fraction of a full rotation, so obviously it's not able to read anything.

Does anyone have ideas on how to fix that, or where one could procure a replacement drive that would work with the unit? I don't even know where the chip that's necessary for SACD ripping is, if that's in part of the disc drive itself or somewhere else in the player.

Any info/advice would be much appreciated.

On 9/14/2020 at 4:36 PM, stoutblock said:

1.  In this case does the DAC have to convert it from DST to DSD? 

2. I assume this radio button converts it from DST to DSD prior to storing on HD? 

3. Pros and cons?

1.   The DAC does not do this.  It is normally converted in the player prior to the DAC.  If you are ripping, it becomes your responsibility to convert from DST to DSF (or DFF) prior to presenting it to your DAC.

2.  Yes, the button instructs the process to make the conversion.

3.  Pro.  No con.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

3 minutes ago, Kal Rubinson said:

1.   The DAC does not do this.  It is normally converted in the player prior to the DAC.  If you are ripping, it becomes your responsibility to convert from DST to DSF (or DFF) prior to presenting it to your DAC.

2.  Yes, the button instructs the process to make the conversion.

3.  Pro.  No con.

So it should be the default mode in case some you have a disc that is in DST?  Is there any easy way to know if you have a disk that is DST rather than DSD?  If you try to rip something that is DST without this on, what a happens?  I read that most surround sound tracks are DST?

1 hour ago, stoutblock said:

1. So it should be the default mode in case some you have a disc that is in DST? 

2. Is there any easy way to know if you have a disk that is DST rather than DSD? 

3. If you try to rip something that is DST without this on, what a happens? 

4. I read that most surround sound tracks are DST?

1. I would think so.  It is for me.

2. I do not know.

3. Nothing noticeable.

4. They are the largest files and, therefore, are most likely to need DST.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

19 hours ago, wavhans said:

Hey all--I just purchased a [used, obviously] Phillips BDP-80FD on eBay. The drive seems to be not working. When I put a disc in, it still registers as "No Disc." I opened it up to see what's going on, and it barely even spins the disc—like a fraction of a full rotation, so obviously it's not able to read anything.

Does anyone have ideas on how to fix that, or where one could procure a replacement drive that would work with the unit? I don't even know where the chip that's necessary for SACD ripping is, if that's in part of the disc drive itself or somewhere else in the player.

Any info/advice would be much appreciated.

Sure that isn't a Pioneer? Not the best start for a moderately hard DIY repair.

First suggestion is send it back to the seller. If that isn't practical, it is often possible to replace just the mechanism, but unless this is something special to you, and a replacement mechanism is easy to buy, move on, buy a working player from the list of supported players.

A quick look didn't turn up any replacement drives, maybe open it up and see if the drive shows any obvious signs of its origin.