ted_b

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

28 minutes ago, klassikmann said:

No "one-stop-shopping" - you need the combination of various open source products - but it works.

Marvelous!

Hello @klassikmann, glad you like the new DSD basic editing solution.

A few things to consider:

• If you prefer gap-less playback (of the .mka files), you can link the pieces before splitting:

image.png.15183dae9026ca175de7bdc3025484c5.png

• If you want to re-merge the cut pieces, drop the first part alone into the GUI and all the other parts afterwards - pick the penultimate option. This way all the parts will be sewed back into one piece.

image.png.513391db9f689d225d9d941b78934545.png

image.png.ee65b1d715c74e4e61b4285e53b8e029.png

• Seeking does not work with the individual .mka files (.wv, .dsf & single file .mka are fine)
  • Tags are lost after the cut / split

11 minutes ago, BluRay444 said:

DSDs for the masses!

🤘

@Nexus3 Thank you for the additional informations. This discovery will be a valuable part of my audio software toolbox.

But today I have no urgent need anymore to cut and merge DSD files. An explanation would be more than slightly off-topic.

On 6/22/2020 at 7:07 PM, Dick Darlington said:

The telnet connection must be made via the default telnet port, i.e. port 23, not 2002, which is the port sacd_extract listens on. 

@Dick Darlington @MikeyFresh @Nexus3

My player will not accept a Telnet connection on the default port (23). 

The Telnet command can actually be used to verify if an IP target is listening on a specified port even if the service listening on that port is not actually the telnet service.  I use this frequently to troubleshoot IP connectivity issues with my work, though in a Windows environment and not Linux, and can validate that it works.  

Since SACD Extract wants to connect to a service listening on port 2002 on the player, that's what I'm trying to test for.

Based on the error message from the "telnet 10.0.1.20 2002" command, I am assuming that one of two possibilities must be true:  

1.  The service that is supposed to start from the USB AutoScript that is supposed to listen for connections on port 2002 is not starting properly.

2.  Port 2002 is somehow being blocked between my computer and the player.  My Windows Firewall is disabled.  And since the computer and the player are both on the same subnet I am assuming my home Ethernet switch is passing traffic directly between the two without any port filtering at the switch.  I assume the Pioneer player's Linux OS is not doing any port filtering or firewall blocking, but maybe that's not a fair assumption. 

I've tried connecting from a Mac as well to rule out a problem with my and getting the same errors.  I can't connect from either computer to the player over port 2002 even though the player's IP address pings successfully from both machines.

The player does start up and run the AutoScript from the USB successfully.  The tray opens for the SACD.  Based on my troubleshooting so far, this strongly points to #1 above as the issue. 

I don't know how to troubleshoot or resolve this issue from here since I don't know how to see what's going on from the player's perspective.  

I am using the latest files from @MikeyFresh on my USB stick.  Maybe some specific issue with the daemon loading correctly on my Pioneer BDP-80FD?

Any other suggestions most appreciated!