IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Well thanks for the prompt reply here.  I managed to figure out what was causing me the grief.  It was the manner in which you are supposed to download items from the Drop Box website.  It appears that you cannot simply click on the individual items and download them separately.  It wasn't obvious to me that the two folders actually represent zipped files and that the website has its own download button inconspicuously located at the upper righthand corner.  I guess now that I have documented that fact, others won't fall into the same trap.  The Sonore app is fantastic, great job!

On 1/26/2020 at 4:40 PM, austinpop said:

One area that is still a problem for me is the issue of pops/crackles on track boundaries.

I've had a breakthrough here! At the same time, I need to eat some crow, as I goofed up in my earlier experiments.  First the breakthrough: my pops/ticks/crackles are mostly fixed by running:

• SACDExtractGUI with the option "Padding-less DSF"

I still get a tick when I jump to a different track in the play queue. BUT - there is no pop/tick during normal gapless playback at track boundaries. This is a huge improvement! Whoever implemented the -z/-dsf-nopad option on sacd_extract: thank you!

Now the crow part. I think I mentioned in my previous posts that I had tried SACDExtractGUI. I hadn't. I had run into an issue where I was getting an error, so I had taken the sacd_extract.exe from the SACDExtractGUI package and substituted it into ISO2DSD. Of course, in hindsight, I realize my stupidity, because ISO2DSD does not invoke the -dsf-nopad parameter of sacd_extract. Oy vey! 🤦‍♂️

This time around, I fixed the issue I was having in SACDExtractGUI, which was the usual "too long pathname" issue. Once I fixed it, the extraction of DSF files from the ISO worked fine, and with the -dsf-nopad, I finally have a pop/tick-less Kaplan-Mahler!

Apologies for the wild goose chase - or is it red herring?!

7 hours ago, SACD_Rip_Pup said:

It appears that you cannot simply click on the individual items and download them separately

You can, but you still need an outer enclosing folder called AutoScript, hence my reply to your original post. 

It wasn't obvious to me that the two folders actually represent zipped files and that the website has its own download button inconspicuously located at the upper righthand corner. 

Many people have missed the DropBox interface's Download button, I don't know why, and others appear to have browser/OS settings that discard the outer enclosing folder upon unzip, leaving only the folder's contents.

I guess now that I have documented that fact, others won't fall into the same trap.

It's already been well documented here over and over, all you need do is read the thread, which admittedly is quite long at this point, but use of the search function solves most things.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

First the breakthrough: my pops/ticks/crackles are mostly fixed by running:

• SACDExtractGUI with the option "Padding-less DSF"

You're welcome, though the real credit goes to @mindset for the fantastic SACDExtractGUI.

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

I think I mentioned in my previous posts that I had tried SACDExtractGUI. I hadn't.

You now have the state-of-the-art tool, and Padding-less DSF is not the only useful feature, the Concurrent Mode (ISO+DSF) and the ability to choose your Output Directory are also excellent enhancements, as are the Ping and Test buttons for those trying to troubleshoot problems.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

1 minute ago, MikeyFresh said:

You now have the state-of-the-art tool, and Padding-less DSF is not the only useful feature, the Concurrent Mode (ISO+DSF) and the ability to choose your Output Directory are also excellent enhancements, as are the Ping and Test buttons for those trying to troubleshoot problems.

Indeed, I have already tried and love all those new features. Kudos to @mindset!

9 hours ago, austinpop said:

... Once I fixed it, the extraction of DSF files from the ISO worked fine, and with the -dsf-nopad, I finally have a pop/tick-less Kaplan-Mahler!

Thanks for the info. So maybe i should go back and retry the same over here. Would be cool to get this issue fixed.

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

Forgive me for losing track of where the latest files are located.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

I am not really sure because it's been a while since I've used it with my Oppo 103.  The files that reside in the AutoScript folder in the root of the thumb drive, AutoScript, AutoScript.TSS, and sacd_extract.  The thumbdrive also has a folder called DROP BOX SACD EXTRACT, that has a couple of folders entitled AutoScript and sacd_extract.

I am not sure I've used SACDExtractGUI in the past but that would be good to know where to find it as well.  Thanks for listening.

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

Many thanks to austinpop!

Absolutely!  Thanks for the effort!

5 hours ago, BlueSkyy said:

I am not really sure because it's been a while since I've used it with my Oppo 103.  The files that reside in the AutoScript folder in the root of the thumb drive, AutoScript, AutoScript.TSS, and sacd_extract.

The AutoScript files have not changed or been revised/updated, what you have should still work, assuming it was at one time working for you with the BDP-103.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

In reply to EugenF's interesting offer some 26 or so minutes ago [***], is there any chance of a parallel version for MacOS, please ? We're not all using 'Windoze' (any more...) ...   Thanks in advance for any hint as to whether this is even a possibility, and (if so) when I should start to be hopeful ! 

(*** : "I someone are interested in testing an improved pre-release version of sacd_extract (wide char filenames - for Windows version, long names of folders, more integrity checks of audio frames, exporting xml file with metadata form disc and more) here is my compilation: ......................")

2 hours ago, EugenF said:

I someone are interested in testing an improved pre-release version of sacd_extract (wide char filenames - for Windows version, long names of folders, more integrity checks of audio frames, exporting xml file with metadata form disc and more) here is my compilation:

https://github.com/EuFlo/sacd-ripper/releases/tag/0.3.9.3

Now is fully compatible with SacdExtractGui (including nopad option).

Please tell me I don't need to re-rip everything?

13 hours ago, Sidemounter said:

In reply to EugenF's interesting offer some 26 or so minutes ago [***], is there any chance of a parallel version for MacOS, please ? We're not all using 'Windoze' (any more...) ...   Thanks in advance for any hint as to whether this is even a possibility, and (if so) when I should start to be hopeful ! 

(*** : "I someone are interested in testing an improved pre-release version of sacd_extract (wide char filenames - for Windows version, long names of folders, more integrity checks of audio frames, exporting xml file with metadata form disc and more) here is my compilation: ......................")

Don't have a toolchain setup to compile for MAC yet (nor hardware to test it). Sorry 😞. In the near future will try to setup a right toolchain for cross compile with apple target.

Thanks very much!  It would be helpful if you implemented some more definitive version control so people like me don't get mixed up on what we are running.

2 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

Thanks very much!  It would be helpful if you implemented some more definitive version control so people like me don't get mixed up on what we are running.

Your are right, but I want to keep the same link and don't want to increase the version number for that moment.

5 minutes ago, Kal Rubinson said:

I cannot imagine anything that would justify re-ripping a large library.  I can imagine switching to a new version for subsequent rips.

Indeed Kal!

ISO's ripped with old versions with sacd_extract are ok. Nothing changed fundamentally here.  

In case of dsf/dff files maybe only for those guys who are very sensible to pops/crackles noises.