IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

12 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

I don't know except to say the entire Sonore ISO2DSD download package needs to be left as is, no housekeeping/changes, it must stay intact exactly as downloaded. Don't move anything, no renaming anything, nor delete any piece of it.

Lastly, the venerable ISO2DSD is a great tool, but it was superseded in fall 2018 by @mindset's SACDExtractGUI. Not only does the Java applet offer additional functionality, but the sacd_extract 3.9 piece included in that package is faster.

So while you certainly should be able to use ISO2DSD, and my guess is that package was altered/not left intact as downloaded, you could also give SACDExtractGUI a try, and it is the state-of-the-art.

Thanks very much for the link to a newer version! 

The good news is this version runs fine.

The bad news is I'm still stuck. When I run it or try the "Test" it reports back that it's unable to open port 2002 on the S590. 

I've verified that the IP address is correct. The "Ping" test works fine and gets replies.

I even disabled the windows firewall completely on the pc. The pc and S590 are plugged into the same network switch. It is still unable to open port 2002. 

I used a port scanner and it confirms that port 2002 is not open. I then scanned the S590 for ANY ports open between 1024 and 2500 and it found none.

So, I guess that brings me back to the autoscript is not correct somehow? Do you know how this particular port gets enabled?

24 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

As long as you didn't poke around in that script and make any key stroke changes, it is fine and known to be working for hundreds of people. Leave it as is, no need to change anything there.

To backtrack, you are now using SACDExtractGUI, and you have quit out of any remaining ISO2DSD instance/process (don't have both open at the same time).

You have confirmed use of an outer enclosing folder called AutoScript on the flash drive.

You have enabled Quick Start mode on the S590.

You have removed and replaced the AC cord after failed attempts, and only insert the flash drive after the S590 has finished it's initial boot sequence.

You are closing the disc tray with the OFF button to enter sleep mode.

If the port test fails, maybe you need to re-specify the path to sacd_extract using the Browse button in the Program field?

First off, let me thank you for your patience with me over this issue 👍

I didn't mess around with the scripts at all. The tray is opening, so I know it's running. 

Yes, I'm now using SACDExtractGUI and nothing else is running. I have tried SACDExtractGUI on both a Win7 & Win10 laptop and both have the same issue with port 2002.

The USB drive has just the AutoScript folder in the root. However I noticed that after inserting the USB drive into the S590 it automatically creates a folder called "buda". I assume that's normal? I bring this up because I did a search for this port issue with sacd_extract and another person had a problem with port 2002 and he resolved it by removed a spurious random folder on the root of the USB drive. I can delete "buda", but it gets recreated each time I insert the USB drive.

I have triple checked that Quick Mode is enabled on the player

I have removed the AC cable before any re-attempts.

I then let the player power back up. I press the ON button and when "Home" is displayed I insert the USB drive.

About 5 seconds later the tray opens. I insert the SACD and then press OFF. The tray closes. 

I wait for about 10 seconds for the disc to stop and try the SACDExtractGUI. 

The Ping test is successful.

The TEST button reports back that it can't open port 2002.

The RUN button states the same issue.

I have run a port scanner on the player and it confirms that port 2002 is closed. I then had it run a scan on all ports between 1024 and 2500. It found no open ports.

Boy, this has me really stumped.

Here's the log:

Pinging 192.168.1.55 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.55: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.55:
    Packets: Sent = 3, Received = 3, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

[DONE]

******************Below is where I ran a TEST *********************************

[FAILURE] Port 2002 of 192.168.1.55 is inaccessible.

********************Below is where I clicked on RUN****************************
[RUNNING][C:\Ripping SACD\sacd_extract-WINDOWS\sacd_extract.exe, -i, 192.168.1.55:2002, -s, -2, -o, C:\Ripping SACD]

Failed to connect

libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.1.55:2002 for reading

9 minutes ago, snafu_ said:

The USB drive has just the AutoScript folder in the root. However I noticed that after inserting the USB drive into the S590 it automatically creates a folder called "buda". I assume that's normal? I bring this up because I did a search for this port issue with sacd_extract and another person had a problem with port 2002 and he resolved it by removed a spurious random folder on the root of the USB drive. I can delete "buda", but it gets recreated each time I insert the USB drive.

The BUDA folder is automatically created by your player to store BD live content.  It has nothing to do with the SACD ripping process.

Is there some other menu option that should be on or off on the S590? Maybe something that opens port 2002? 

I've toggled "BD Internet Connection", "Remote Start" and PARTY Auto Start" on and off (as these have network applications).

I'm beginning to think that firmware M12.R.0510 has closed all the ports making this method unusable.

9 minutes ago, snafu_ said:

I'm beginning to think that firmware M12.R.0510 has closed all the ports making this method unusable.

Absolutely not, as previously stated, that firmware is known to work. I have that exact firmware running one of my two S590s.

What about the "maybe you need to re-specify the path to sacd_extract using the Browse button in the Program field? " portion of my last post? I'm thinking that's the last remaining possibility.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

5 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

Absolutely not, as previously stated, that firmware is known to work. I have that exact firmware running one of my two S590s.

What about the "maybe you need to re-specify the path to sacd_extract using the Browse button in the Program field? " portion of my last post? I'm thinking that's the last remaining possibility.

Yeah, I did that. No difference.

I just tried turning off DHCP on the player and giving it a static IP and tried again - same results. For some bizarre reason all the ports are closed on this S590. Remember my port scan also confirmed port 2002 is closed - so to me this indicates its an issue with the player now.

Is this port open all the time or is it the autoscript that opens 2002?

3 hours ago, snafu_ said:

I didn't mess around with the scripts at all. The tray is opening, so I know it's running

No actually you do not know that it [sacd_extract] is running simply because the tray opened. 

All you know is that the AutoScript has executed. Not the same thing. There are a variety of things that can result in sacd_extract failing whilst the AutoScript has executed. I believe the most common reason; one that has been biting newcomers in the arse for years is attempting the process without a properly USB drive. 

(Now, if this were a drinking game, about 15 or 20 blokes just slammed back a shot of their spirit of choice.) 

14 minutes ago, Dick Darlington said:

To be more specific: the procedure is quite finicky about USB drives that have not been properly prepared. There are no USB brands/models/capacities/etc known to have ever been the cause of execution failure w/r/t this procedure. Never ever ever. Not one. Unfortunately proper USB preparation procedures have been exhaustively documented and widely ignored. 

Now to quote Father Jack ... DRINK!!

Very true.

Earlier in my process of getting things to work I went through 3 different brand USB drives and tried both FAT32 and NTFS without success. I was aware that the USB drive brand/model/formatting was troublesome. However, it turned out the autoscript I was using wasn't the proper one, at least not for the S590. When MikeyFresh posted a link to the one he is using - things started happening - I was finally able to get the tray to open. Though, now I know that the tray opening was a separate operation from the rest of the procedure.

In fact I went back to my Verbatim drive that previously failed when formatted as FAT32 and changed it to NTFS and it worked. So, a lot of trial and error is involved.

Without the generous help of this forum, I would have never figured out what was going on.

However, like on a lot of very long forum threads, there's a long process of reading what was posted in the beginning and not knowing if there has been wholesale changes to the process further into the thread. It can tough to parse through and find the relevant facts.  

25 minutes ago, snafu_ said:

So, a lot of trial and error is involved.

There shouldn't be much trial an error required - the documentation at the beginning of the thread should be updated with instructions how to partition format a USB drive "correctly" and how to verify that that is the case. And/or in addition to that, provide disk images one can use to overwrite the entire USB drive and immediately have a working solution, like the one for the Oppo 10x players I've provided in  the post referenced below, but then someone would have to write instructions for Windows, MacOS and possibly Linux on how to write those images to a drive.

13 minutes ago, MeiSh5am said:

documentation at the beginning of the thread should be updated with instructions how to partition format a USB drive "correctly" and how to verify that that is the case.

I can’t edit Post 1, but I have put this out there on one or two occasions. Maybe this is a good time for a redo 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4cb052y4ivzblj/The SACD Ripper’s Guide to the macOS Media Formatting Universe.pdf?dl=0

DRINK!!

28 minutes ago, Dick Darlington said:

I can’t edit Post 1,

I can but have gotten side-tracked with other things lately.

Let people suggest what they most want in the introductory post and we'll try to move forward in the next month or so.

Dick_D we can PM about setting up things on your end to host in your Dropbox.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to everyone,

First of all, my apologies for my bad English, as this is not my mother tongue...

I've been trying to rip SACDs for more than one week, without success so far - yet I'm getting closer and closer to success I think...

I'm using a Cambridge Audio CXU (latest firmware CXU-07-1031) hooked to the ISP setup box through a RJ-45 cable. My Mac Mini Late 2014 (OS X Mojave 10.14.6) connected through WiFi to the ISP setup box. I'm using SACDExtractGUI.

I've tried two USB thumbs, one of which formatted through Dick Darlington's procedure, the other one on a PC. Both in FAT32, using the Oppo AutoScript. The auto read and auto resume features have been disabled on the CXU, which IP address has been manually set and network disabled.

The best I can obtain -

• when inserting the USB thumb(s) the tray ejects - great victory, it has been working since yesterday only! 😁
  • when running SACDExtractGUI, I can ping the CXU successfully, the test is also positive. It has been working since the day before yesterday... 😀

And then, when I click on 'Run', just nothing happens.

I've attached a screenshot here below...

I've started to read this thread, I'm on page 15 still, somewhat outdated but I can see some of you have been successful to rip from a CXU to a Mac (like One and a half). I've also read the last two pages.

I have the feeling I'm not so far, but I start to run out of options on how to bridge the last step.

Any suggestion would be more than welcome. Thanks in advance! 😎

1438677509_Capturedecran2019-09-01a11_05_50.png.ad2b9e129f03bc75c7ad55b2a0cb0f64.png

Pat17 - Boy, I know exactly what you're going through. It is a frustrating process to get all the pieces in place.

I don't know how much help I can offer as I'm not familiar with Apple or the CXU. 

When I was in a similar situation as yours - "almost working", my solution was to change the USB drive from FAT32 to NTFS. Then the autoscript ran successfully. 

Also, I noticed under "Processing" you are trying to extract as a single ISO file. What happens if you select DSF and Stereo?

2 hours ago, snafu_ said:

Pat17 - Boy, I know exactly what you're going through. It is a frustrating process to get all the pieces in place.

I don't know how much help I can offer as I'm not familiar with Apple or the CXU. 

When I was in a similar situation as yours - "almost working", my solution was to change the USB drive from FAT32 to NTFS. Then the autoscript ran successfully. 

Also, I noticed under "Processing" you are trying to extract as a single ISO file. What happens if you select DSF and Stereo?

Thanks snafu_, your moral support is really appreciated! 👍

NTFS is not an easy solution when working under Mac actually. Yet I just tried to format a USB thumb with Paragon (free trial version), added the Autoscript on it, and tried it again. No progress unfortunately...

I have tried wo select DSF and Stereo with no avail...

23 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

Re-specify the exact path to sacd_extract in the Program field using the Browse button.

Thanks Mikey, I have tried to do it simple - to have it landing on my desktop. No more success so far -

1490006688_Capturedecran2019-09-01a18_56_41.png.faa3b4e4948c499ce7bbdfe66d4f2395.png

I also tried to do it from another Mac Mini, no more success...

You know the results you're seeing are identical to what I see if I ask SACDExtractGUI to decrypt multi-channel files when there aren't any on the disc. It shows "Running" and then "Done" and nothing happens.

What about the particular SACD you're using? Do you have another disc to try?

18 minutes ago, snafu_ said:

You know the results you're seeing are identical to what I see if I ask SACDExtractGUI to decrypt multi-channel files when there aren't any on the disc. It shows "Running" and then "Done" and nothing happens.

What about the particular SACD you're using? Do you have another disc to try?

I've tried two different SACDs from different companies. It doesn't change anything.

I've just tried to extract in DSF in stereo for a change, still no result...

1 hour ago, Pat17 said:

Thanks Mikey, I have tried to do it simple - to have it landing on my desktop. No more success so far -

1490006688_Capturedecran2019-09-01a18_56_41.png.faa3b4e4948c499ce7bbdfe66d4f2395.png

I also tried to do it from another Mac Mini, no more success...

Mikey is talking about the path to the sacd_extract executable that's in the first line, not the location where you want the extracted files placed; use the browse button at the top of the window to navigate the directory tree to sacd_extract.

2 hours ago, BluRay444 said:

Mikey is talking about the path to the sacd_extract executable that's in the first line, not the location where you want the extracted files placed; use the browse button at the top of the window to navigate the directory tree to sacd_extract.

Sorry guys for my confusion... 🤐

Done it, there is some life coming up, but still not what I was expecting... It looks there is an issue with a '-o' option the program doesn't recognize... 

Capture d’écran 2019-09-01 à 22.38.51.png

2 hours ago, snafu_ said:

I'm beginning to wonder if you have the correct autoscript for your CXU player. How did you get the one you're currently using? 

I got it from here -

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8cunli3d3basmix/AAB8WYDe-AKMCGSWVpNpLIcua/AutoScript?dl=0&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

I cannot find the right post where I took it from, but normally it should be the Oppo one, which should work with the CXU - since the Cambridge units are merely tweaked Oppo clones.

I'm not aware of any AutoScript specific for Cambridge? I continue to read the thread but still at page 43 only where all indicates the Oppo should apply to the Cambridge.

By the way, is someone aware of a possible issue with the CXU firmware? I'm on the latest (CXU-07-1031).

Thanks again for your help... and patience! 😀