IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Hello Forum members

I'm stuck ! - with my ripping process unfortunately. I have been looking around on this fora for solutions but in vain.

I have en Sony BDP-S380 and it does not open the tray efter the USB-drive has been inserted. It includes only a folder named : AutoScript, with 3 files: AutoScript, sacd_extract, and Autoscript.TSS

- the first two files has no file-association.

I hope that is correct ?

s380 is connected to LAN and has a valid IP address. I can see the AutoScript folder on the USB in the player menu.

The s380 has been prepared in Settings, as recommended :

Factory reset.

Quick Start : enabled

HDMI CEC controls : Deactivated

BD Internet connection : Do not allow

DSD Output mode : Off

Can anyone help getting the tray going for me ?

PS: I Use PC and windows 7 - I can ping the s380 player from the PC.

Thanks  ;o)

About BDP-450: The tray opens, but it does not close by itself.

It has an uncomfy sub-playback menu. There are no such thing as just to press the playback button on the remote once you have loaded a bluray/DVD. No !! You have to chose playback in a sub-menu first !!!

I suppose the rip will not be possible if the tray does not close by itself ?

22 minutes ago, nUUK25 said:

About BDP-450: The tray opens, but it does not close by itself.

It has an uncomfy sub-playback menu. There are no such thing as just to press the playback button on the remote once you have loaded a bluray/DVD. No !! You have to chose playback in a sub-menu first !!!

the tray opens and then you press off (with quick start enabled) and it does not close the tray when shutting down?

8 minutes ago, Dick Darlington said:

Or if you’re using the “sleep method” just hit the power off button. 

@Dick Darlington This is a Pioneer.  Sleep method is only for Sony as far as I know.

44 minutes ago, nUUK25 said:

@nUUK25 You're being way too negative too early.  As @Dick Darlington said, it should not close by itself.  The fact that the tray opens shows that the script is doing something, so that's a great sign.  I would try to telnet in.  (Look for guides at @Dick Darlington dropbox of resources.

3 minutes ago, likearollingstone said:

it should if you are in "quick start" mode and you put it to sleep using the power button

Again, it's a Pioneer player, not a Sony, so as far as we know the sleep method is either unnecessary or ineffective as that only so far has worked with the Sonys.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Well, now into the new year !! …...- By the way; Happy New Year to all in this Fora......Now the tray will not open at all with the USB-stick inserted. All buttons on the player and remote seems to work alright when operated.

I suppose it terminates all further testing ?  :O(

1 hour ago, nUUK25 said:

Now the tray will not open at all with the USB-stick inserted.

Computer scripts do not just randomly work and then not work.  If it worked once, then it can again if you're willing to put the time in to troubleshoot it.

That's how I got onto the Sonys. The USB drive with the script caused the tray of my S590 to open.  There were many more twists and turns to find a way to get the ripping to work, but that came in time.

23 hours ago, Phthalocyanine said:

@Dick Darlington This is a Pioneer.  Sleep method is only for Sony as far as I know.

🤦‍♂️ 

Folks with much chagrin I apologize for polluting the body of information with my unintended fake news.

Seriously this threadzilla is confusing enough for newcomers and incorrect posts only make it worse. For some inexplicable reason I was thinking that the model in question was a Sony. I can’t explain given that the OP clearly specified Pioneer. 

I have yet again broken the techie-geeky forum posting hypocratic oath. 🙇🏻‍♂️

Thank you @Phthalocyanine for the catch and nipping this one in the bud!

1 hour ago, Dick Darlington said:

For some inexplicable reason I was thinking that the model in question was a Sony.

Understandable since the Pioneer naming convention is so close to Sony's.

All this brings up an interesting side issue - After things are set up, can one rip with an Oppo or Pioneer "headlessly" (that is without a connection to a video monitor)?

This has probably never come up before because - certainly forthe Oppo, anyone lucky enough to own an Oppo 103/105 is certainly using it as their main video disc player since there's no better video player out there.  ( I say this as a happy Oppo 93 owner.)

Alright, I refuse to give up since you great people think there is a chance !

The latest news is that the player has to be unpluged from 230 volt - otherwise the tray will not open, but done so, it is consistant.

First an ikon shows in the top right corner of the player menu that the player is connecting to the network. Then the tray opens and stay open. If I press the close buttom; it closes alright. If Autoplay is enabled is starts playing the SACD. If not enabled nothing happens. On the PC (win 7) I have installed Sonore ISO2DSD. Chosen server input. Correct IP address and port. Channel mode: Dual. Output mode: Raw ISO. Press 'Execute' and ...

Failed to connect

libsacdread: Cant't open 192.168.1.7:2002 for reading

I can ping the player from the PC and I have disabled the windows firewall. Disabling Autoplay makes no difference.

59 minutes ago, Phthalocyanine said:

All this brings up an interesting side issue - After things are set up, can one rip with an Oppo or Pioneer "headlessly" (that is without a connection to a video monitor)?

Yes, both work work perfectly when run headless after that initial run through of the on-screen displayed menus for Settings. No further use of a monitor/display is required for either an Oppo or Pioneer, I've run both headless for SACD rips, just confirm the player's IP address with Fing, and then let 'er rip.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group