IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Hi again 😉

Many SACD extracted successfully.

a) Just not the DVD-R I burned myself ("Response result non-zero or disc opened") ==> nevermind

b) I have an issue with a disc : I think the cause is obvious, I would say the length of the filename (!)...or special characters...we have both in this one...

Processing [Bruckner Orchester Linz, Czech Philharmonic of Brno, St. Fl - Great Opera Choruses - Wagner & Verdi (1)/01 - Bruckner Orchester Linz, Czech Philharmonic of Brno, St. Fl - Tannh�user Act II, Scene 4 Chorus, Freudig Begr�ssen Wi.dsf] (1/8)..

==>what can I do? Any command line option for sacd_extract? I can't find another one (just tried quickly "AuI ConverteR 48x44" but in free version it adds 2s of blank in the middle of each track...)

PS: even if everything is working (with ISO2DSD), I don't know why but I can't communicate with the Sony player through puTTY in case of you would suggest to use it.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, stof said:

Just not the DVD-R I burned myself

Actually, SACD-R are rippable without doing the toggle (because the Sony player doesn't automatically mount them).  But, in any event, you can extract their images with a computer DVD drive and any decent disc burner program (like isobuster or Imgburn) because they are unencrypted.

11 minutes ago, stof said:

Any command line option for sacd_extract?

What the problem with this disc?  Does it not rip? (If that's not the problem then explain what it is.)

For failure to rip because of accented character, look at the end of my guide:

PROCEDURE FOR ACCENTED CHARACTERS
If there are accented characters in the ISO name such as ö, ü, é, ñ, the PuTTY window might display "invalid argument" and ripping will not start. Here is a workaround:
• Re-paste the command ./sacd_extract_160 –I
• Add one space after –I and type two straight quotation marks
• Copy or type the ISO (album) name directly in between the quotation marks
• Delete the accented characters and type non-accented characters into the ISO name
• Hit Enter to start the SACD ripping process

18 minutes ago, stof said:

PS: even if everything is working (with ISO2DSD), I don't know why but I can't communicate with the Sony player through puTTY in case of you would suggest to use it

I'm not understanding you here.  You do not need telnet to communicate with the player for server ripping with Iso2dsd. 

If ISO2DSD is connected to the player, then it will be using port 2002 so PuttY (or any other telnet client) won't be able to connect, because the port is already in use and in an "ESTABLISHED" state.  You can connect one of SACD_extract.exe, ISO2DSD or PuttY/Telnet client, at a time... :)  (it's not clear if you meant concurrently or not though).

1 hour ago, mutant_matt said:

If ISO2DSD is connected to the player, then it will be using port 2002 so PuttY (or any other telnet client) won't be able to connect

No, even if I start only puTTY, it doesn't work anymore (even if I restart my computer). Telnet feature still activated. Strange...("Network error : connection refused")

So I can't use it.

@Phthalocyanine

"What the problem with this disc?  Does it not rip? (If that's not the problem then explain what it is.)"

==>I can extract ISO file but not DSF because of the length of the name of the files (I already read this issue in some other posts)

So now I get the ISO and because ISIO2DSD has the same problem from ISO that from player, how can I convert my ISO to DSF with another way (a way where yoiu have some control on file names)?

JRiver : very good software, I am now able to convert my ISO having "bad" (too long or with special characters) into DSF files...to bad it's a 30 days trial version, I will have to delete it when I am finished...

ImgBurn (or other soft) : forget about it...in fact it's not a SACD that's why I get an error when converting to DSF...😵

Dvd audio extractor : another excellent software that I used this summer to extract all my DVD-audio (except...the one I thought it was a SACD ^^)...but my trial period is over now...😭

14 minutes ago, stof said:

JRiver : very good software, I am now able to convert my ISO having "bad" (too long or with special characters) into DSF files...to bad it's a 30 days trial version, I will have to delete it when I am finished...

Dvd audio extractor : another excellent software that I used this summer to extract all my DVD-audio (except...the one I thought it was a SACD ^^)...but my trial period is over now...😭

I know it's probably a crazy idea, but there is the option of paying one of them to reward them for the efforts in developing excellent software.  Neither option is expensive, especially when considering what most of us spend on our audio gear and how much we've spent on SACD's.

20 minutes ago, stof said:

ImgBurn (or other soft) : forget about it...in fact it's not a SACD that's why I get an error when converting to DSF...😵

I think you should buy the J River product. It's an excellent management tool for tagging your library data entries.  It also is a good general player in its' own right.  $20 bucks or so isn't a lot to ask, is it?

23 minutes ago, stof said:

u are correct about DAE, you can use to convert DVD-AUDIO to SACD (if you have the phillips/saracon package) not the other way around

if your foobar is set up with the sacd extractor, you can right click an sacd iso and "load into foobar" and you will see your tracks and can be extracted, although not lossless

iso2dsd (also free) is the best to extract your .iso as dsfs

27 minutes ago, stof said:

Anyone know of a utility for ripping blu-ray audio?

26 minutes ago, stof said:

in fact it's not a SACD that's why I get an error when converting to DSF...😵 

when you burned it...imgburn should have warned to change the .iso type (u click ok) then it warns there's css (again click ok)

the resultant disc IS an sacd, just not encrypted so you can now copy it again

just pulled an sacd-r out from my pile, ripped with imgburn, loaded the .iso into foobar and all the files are showing and I can convert lossy

take same iso and load into iso2dsd and can rip using file mode lossless

@greynolds : yes, crazy idea! 😋

No, seriously, I mostly feel upset to have to fight to convert my own dics I bought previously.

I don't know in other countries but we have a specific law in France named "right to make private copies"...and I don't feel this right is so simple for SACD or DVD-audio...

But we are going off-topic so I won't give any further comment.

In fact I agree, if I need dvd-audio extractor on a regular basis, 38.5$ is reasonable.

JRiver : Nonetheless, 60$ only to convert a few SACD having bad file names...a little bit expensive ^^

1 minute ago, sefischer1 said:

Anyone know of a utility for ripping blu-ray audio?

if you want a backup, use dvdfab or anydvd or any of the other bluray rippers

if you want to rip the sreams and use them in various ways (i like to take the surround BDA and convert to SACD), then mount the  iso from the rip (blurays are encrypted so you have to have a decrypter) and then use DVD AUDIO EXTRACTOR (highly recommended and you can grab a functional trial) on the mounted .iso (you can use the freeware virtual clonedrive)

DAE will read the streams and let you pick surround or 2 channel or even take just some channels from MCH, it's fantastic

On 1/4/2019 at 5:03 PM, Phthalocyanine said:

I'll PM you my Sony guide which has detailed instructions on telnet that are also applicable to a Pioneer.

Hello,

I am new on this forum and I would like to start ripping my SACD's. I have read about the different methods but I still feel a bit lost how to start. I have a Sony BDP-S490 player and would lite ask you to direct me to the Sony step by step guide, or PM  me the istructions please, as I could not find it using the search funtion...

Thanks in advance,

Zsolt

1 hour ago, MikeyFresh said:

You can watch what it looks like in this video.

The steps are as follows, but first you must enter the Sony settings and enable the Quick Start mode:

Step 1: Power on Sony S490

Step 2: Connect USB thumb drive/AutoScript runs/tray opens automatically/load SACD but don't close the tray

Step 3: Power down Sony S490/tray closes automatically/pause while player goes to sleep/display flashes OFF/AutoScript gains root access control

Step 4: Execute/Run the rip in either SACDExtractGUI, or ISO2DSD

Thank you!

1 hour ago, MikeyFresh said:

You can watch what it looks like in this video.

The steps are as follows, but first you must enter the Sony settings and enable the Quick Start mode:

Step 1: Power on Sony S490

Step 2: Connect USB thumb drive/AutoScript runs/tray opens automatically/load SACD but don't close the tray

Step 3: Power down Sony S490/tray closes automatically/pause while player goes to sleep/display flashes OFF/AutoScript gains root access control

Step 4: Execute/Run the rip in either SACDExtractGUI, or ISO2DSD

And could you please let me know which version of the AutoScript is required? I have found 2 or 3 difefrent versions on this forum, not sure which one works with the Sony.

I own  Pioneer BDP-170 and I ripped my first disk.  Unfortunately result is only CD layer (ca 700MB) instead DSF.

I executed command from manual: .\sacd_extract -i {BDP_IP_ADDRESS}:2002 -P -I

The file I got is ISO.

Which option should I use to get SACD layer and dsf? -e, -p or -s ? How I know philips or sony is right for me?

Usage: sacd_extract [options] [outfile]    (v0.3.8_win32)

-2, --2ch-tracks : Export two channel tracks (default)
-m, --mch-tracks : Export multi-channel tracks
-e, --output-dsdiff-em : output as Philips DSDIFF (Edit Master) file
-p, --output-dsdiff : output as Philips DSDIFF file
-s, --output-dsf : output as Sony DSF file
-t, --select-track : only output selected track(s) (ex. -t 1,5,13)
-I, --output-iso : output as RAW ISO
-c, --convert-dst : convert DST to DSD
-C, --export-cue : Export a CUE Sheet
-i, --input[=FILE] : set source and determine if "iso" image,
                     device or server (ex. -i 192.168.1.10:2002)
-P, --print : display disc and track information

Aqua Acoustics La Voce + Gato Audio AMP-150 + Opera Callas speakers

Audio PC LPS+Neutrino clock+SoTm USBexp + Win10 + Fidelizer Pro