IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

17 minutes ago, mindset said:

I believe you are trying to compile an executable for Windows.  In that case follow the instruction around the end of https://github.com/setmind/sacd-ripper/blob/master/readme.rst .  It is expected that cmake does nothing if you don't pass any parameter.   libiconv mentioned in the instruction is here https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libiconv/

EDIT: This one is a better instruction: https://github.com/setmind/sacd-ripper/wiki#windows-using-native-linux-or-windows-subsystem-for-linux

I am indeed wanting to create an executable that will run under Windows. Just to be certain, are you suggesting that I follow the detailed instructions that begin as follows:

Windows (using native Linux or Windows Subsystem for Linux)

Install Mingw-w64 and cmake (if not done yet)

In the hope that I am doing the right thing, I have proceeded with the above-mentioned instructions. I have reached the point where I run 'make' for libiconv. This has now completed, with several purple warning messages that have now scrolled off the Ubuntu screen, but there were also the following errors near the end. Note that haggis999 is my Ubuntu username.

libtool:  error: Could not determine the host path corresponding to

libtool:  error:   '/home/haggis999/libiconv-1.15/lib/.libs'

libtool:  error: Continuing, but uninstalled executables may not work. 

libtool:  error: Could not determine the host path corresponding to 

libtool:  error:   '/home/haggis999/libiconv-1.15/lib/.libs:/usr/x86_64-w64-ming32/lib:/usr/x86_64-w64-ming32/bin'

libtool:  error:  Continuing, but uninstalled executables may not work.

EDIT:  I did try continuing with the instructions, but the compilation of sacd_extract was terminated with a fatal error:

iconv.h: No such file or directory

I know this has been answered, but I just can't scroll back through 151 pages....

I have 1 SACD (2 Disc Set) That has an enormous file name. This to be exact:

Processing [Rachel Podger, baroque violin, Arte Dei Suonatori - A. Vivaldi (1678-1741) - La Stravaganza, 12 Violin Concerto (2)/01 - Rachel Podger, baroque violin, Arte Dei Suonatori - Allegro, Concerto in B flat, opus 4 no. 1.dsf] (1/18)..

How do I shorten this ISO file name or tweak Sonore ISO2DSD to be able to get it into a DSD file?

Thanks,

Claus

3 hours ago, haggis999 said:

In the hope that I am doing the right thing, I have proceeded with the above-mentioned instructions. I have reached the point where I run 'make' for libiconv. This has now completed, with several purple warning messages that have now scrolled off the Ubuntu screen, but there were also the following errors near the end. Note that haggis999 is my Ubuntu username.

libtool:  error: Could not determine the host path corresponding to

libtool:  error:   '/home/haggis999/libiconv-1.15/lib/.libs'

libtool:  error: Continuing, but uninstalled executables may not work. 

libtool:  error: Could not determine the host path corresponding to 

libtool:  error:   '/home/haggis999/libiconv-1.15/lib/.libs:/usr/x86_64-w64-ming32/lib:/usr/x86_64-w64-ming32/bin'

libtool:  error:  Continuing, but uninstalled executables may not work.

EDIT:  I did try continuing with the instructions, but the compilation of sacd_extract was terminated with a fatal error:

iconv.h: No such file or directory

I just tried uninstalling & installing Ubuntu on WSL, and went through the instruction to make sure I am not missing anything.  I got those errors from libtool, but just moved on and got sacd_extract.exe generated successfully.

That error with iconv.h makes me think that you might have skipped "sudo make install" for libiconv.

8 hours ago, mindset said:

That error with iconv.h makes me think that you might have skipped "sudo make install" for libiconv.

I left my PC running all night, so that my Ubuntu session remained active. This let me use the cursor up/down keys this morning to scroll through my previous commands. All the steps relating to getting, compiling and installing libiconv were present and correct, including 'sudo make install'.

EDIT:  Wouldn't it be much easier to just provide download links for a suitably compiled version of sacd_extract.exe for Windows, Mac, etc?

Anyone have a current complete list of supported players?  I am looking to purchase one.

Edit: I plan to read through the thread but I figure I would also ask, if someone went through the exercise recently in generating the complete list.

Edit 2: Rippers outside of the ones listed by Ted in first post.

1 hour ago, Nexus3 said:

Hi haggis999,

you may want to checkout page 148 ?.

Aargh!!! I wish I'd seen those links before wading through all that Ubuntu stuff. I've only just returned to the forum and probably missed most of page 148. Unfortunately, I appear to have given Mindset and Richard Dale the impression that I actually wanted to run my own compilation for Windows. Their help was appreciated, but it was based on a misunderstanding in this case.

I will now have another go at making SACDExtractGUI do its stuff.

9 minutes ago, haggis999 said:

Aargh!!! I wish I'd seen those links before wading through all that Ubuntu stuff. I've only just returned to the forum and probably missed most of page 148. Unfortunately, I appear to have given Mindset and Richard Dale the impression that I actually wanted to run my own compilation for Windows. Their help was appreciated, but it was based on a misunderstanding in this case.

I will now have another go at making SACDExtractGUI do its stuff.

No problem with helping you out! Although I don't own any sacds or an sacd player I had an interesting time finding out about the sacd ripping software. I saw you mention cmake and jumped in to help as I use it quite a lot in my job, but unfortunately without having the context of page 148..

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

27 minutes ago, Richard Dale said:

No problem with helping you out! Although I don't own any sacds or an sacd player I had an interesting time finding out about the sacd ripping software. I saw you mention cmake and jumped in to help as I use it quite a lot in my job, but unfortunately without having the context of page 148..

Thanks Richard. I realise you were doing your best to be helpful. We were both in the dark about p148. ?

Now that I have obtained the new version of sacd_extract.exe, my testing of SACDExtractGUI has proved successful so far, with one exception.

Several initial attempts to rip to a stereo DSF and a multi-channel DSF at the same time simply ended within 30 secs, without any results or any error messages. This started working only at about the fifth attempt.

EDIT:  My first rip to both stereo and multi-channel paddingless DSFs took about 16 1/2 mins, which I'm sure is several minutes faster than with ISO2DSD. The stereo rips were completed before the multi-channel rips started, so the process is sequential rather than simultaneous.

17 minutes ago, haggis999 said:

EDIT:  My first rip to both stereo and multi-channel paddingless DSFs took about 16 1/2 mins, which I'm sure is several minutes faster than with ISO2DSD. The stereo rips were completed before the multi-channel rips started, so the process is sequential rather than simultaneous.

Somebody submitted a fix for that to github recently, but the executable you got had been probably created before that.  If you had succeeded in compiling sacd_extract, you would have picked the latest which includes that fix.

2 hours ago, Nexus3 said:

Hi haggis999,

you may want to checkout page 148 ?.

I just tried putting the Linux 'sacd_extract' in the new GUI folder on my Mac & selecting it & then 'Test'ing it, but it didn't work 8-(

Is there another binary specifically compiled on a Mac (& with latest bug fixes) available, or should the Linux version work on Mac?

Thanks

@mindset

First, a big thank you for releasing sacd_extract 0.3.9. In particular I found you incorporate the fix for issue #94 ("ID3 size coding") first seen in dbry's (David Bryant) fork of sacd_ripper.

Second,  in the SACDExtractGUI for processing "DSDIFF edit master" the checkbox "DST decompression" is greyed-out. This seems not to be correct.

16 minutes ago, mindset said:

No.  There is no compatibility between Mac and Linux executables.

Thanks for the reply.

I did try compiling it on my Mac, but when it got to the 'cmake .' command, it failed with this error

dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libnettle.4.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libarchive.13.dylib
  Reason: image not found
Abort trap: 6

so can't seem to make my own binary ?

Is there a problem with someone posting a Mac binary if they have managed it?

Thanks

3 hours ago, haggis999 said:

My first rip to both stereo and multi-channel paddingless DSFs took about 16 1/2 mins, which I'm sure is several minutes faster than with ISO2DSD. The stereo rips were completed before the multi-channel rips started, so the process is sequential rather than simultaneous.

2 hours ago, mindset said:

Somebody submitted a fix for that to github recently, but the executable you got had been probably created before that.  If you had succeeded in compiling sacd_extract, you would have picked the latest which includes that fix.

I have just re-ripped that same SACD using my previous ISO2DSD process. It took just under 22 mins to rip it in both stereo and multi-channel mode. That means SACDExtractGUI + sacd_extract 0.3.9 provided a worthwhile time saving of over 5 mins. If the later version of sacd_extract.exe can speed that up even more by running stereo and multi-channel rips in parallel then so much the better.

Now, all I need is for some kind person to post a link to a Windows compilation of the newer sacd_extract.exe!

6 hours ago, haggis999 said:

I have just re-ripped that same SACD using my previous ISO2DSD process. It took just under 22 mins to rip it in both stereo and multi-channel mode. That means SACDExtractGUI + sacd_extract 0.3.9 provided a worthwhile time saving of over 5 mins. If the later version of sacd_extract.exe can speed that up even more by running stereo and multi-channel rips in parallel then so much the better.

It won't be any faster.  You are most likely limited by the player side's optical drive.  Plus, stereo and multi-channel cannot be read in parallel.  They are recorded at two separate locations and there is only one optical head in the drive.

8 hours ago, servoyguru said:

Thanks for the reply.

I did try compiling it on my Mac, but when it got to the 'cmake .' command, it failed with this error

dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libnettle.4.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libarchive.13.dylib
  Reason: image not found
Abort trap: 6

so can't seem to make my own binary ?

Is there a problem with someone posting a Mac binary if they have managed it?

Thanks

Bother to do some google search?  This is what I found:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/236218/wget-gives-error-dyld-library-not-loaded-opt-local-lib-libnettle-4-dylib

39 minutes ago, likearollingstone said:

the 390 is able to playback SACDR (your backup .isos on a regular DVD)

the BX510 cannot (and less desirable)

both can be had on ebay for cheap (for now)

Interesting in that the S390 is an older unit from 2012, the BX510 is a 2013 model year machine if I'm not mistaken.

Possible the BX510 was at one time SACD-R playback compatible, but had that capability removed via a firmware update, as with the Oppo 10x series. 

Moral of that story is don't update the S390 firmware if it doing what you need it to already, as it could end in big disappointment.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group