IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Guys, I successfully extracted many SACD"s some 6 months ago using Oppo 103 using ethernet.

Now, when I hit Execute button in ISO2DSD I get message:

sacd_extract(1232,0x7fffa99063c0) malloc: *** error for object 0x104eb3000: pointer being freed was not allocated

*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, wanthalf said:

Forget about network. This is a problem with your ISO2DSD. It is probably a bad/buggy version. Try to download a different version, ensure it is a stable version from a reliable source. 

Re-downloaded, just to be sure, from Sonore site iso2dsd_OSX_v6

When I hit Execute I get message:

"Failed to connect

libsacdread: Can't open 172.27.35.132:0 for reading"

12 hours ago, mutant_matt said:

This is a connectivity problem.  Either the IP address of the SACD Player is incorrect (can you ping it), possibly the port has been specified incorrectly (or the player isn't "listening" (problem with the code run from the USB stick)).  From your post the port specified is 0 and should usually be 2002.  Here is the output when I run this:

sacd_extract -i 192.168.123.159:2002 -P -I

with my SACD player turned off:

libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.123.159:2002 for reading

That is, assuming it was previously working for you, which would rule out problems with the player not listening for the connections from your computer.  If the player isn't "listening", then you'll get the same error, but if it is, the zero for the port number in your case looks like the problem to me!

HTH! :)

Mutant_matt , typing in 2002 did the trick!!

I can't tell you many hours I spent trying to figure this out.

A BIG Thanks to you and all who have helped me!

You da man :rolleyes:!

• The Computer Audiophile changed the title to SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!
  • 1 year later...

Missing rear channel when ripping multichannel SACD with Oppo 203

I just ripped a batch of both stereo and multichannel sacd's and right rear channel is missing.

It has been many months since I did this. Previous multichannel rips play back perfectly using same iso2dsd technique. I have tried creating files directly off spinning disc and from raw ISO with same result.

I have also downloaded the just released Mac OSX Version 7 of iso2dsd with same results. I have a 2012 quad core Mac Mini and have also run Disc Utility which checks out fine. Running playback of DSF files on ROON.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!