IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

I will repeat: this ripping capability is available for those BD/universal/SACD players that have the MT8580 or MT8560 chipsets ONLY!

This seems like hole manufacturers might want to plug once they learn of this. Might be a good idea to not accept future firmware updates for the compatible players that will be used as rippers.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I was able to rip 4 SACDs with a Sony BDP-S590 using the telnet method.  A huge thanks to @Dick Darlington, @Phthalocyanine, @klassikmann and others for their very helpful posts.  I struggled a bit due to by own cluelessness.  But also I think what might have been what got me over the hump was powering on the player with the USB stick in place.  I’ll have to repeat this to confirm - I was just so excited to make a telnet connection, that I left everything as is and went on to rip 4 discs, one after the other, simply toggling that setting after inserting each disc.

A few years back I spent about $300 for a PS3 to rip SACDs.  I got my money’s worth out of it before it finally died.  I was planning to replace it with an Oppo 103 eventually.  My wallet sure is happier to have only forked out $55 for a Sony that can do this instead.  Again, a tremendous thanks to those of you who were so generous with sharing your findings.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

On 3/9/2018 at 1:35 PM, Phthalocyanine said:

I don’t understand why one needs the -i 127.0.0.1:2002 for local ripping.

I simply use

./sacd_extract_160 –I

and get the same result.

I never get any such error messages.  A typical rip looks like the following on the command line.  (Perhaps you are getting those error messages because you are not including CLI(CLI_exec insmod /lib/modules/2.6.35/BDP/splitter.ko).)

sony-player login: root

~ # cd /mnt/sda1/AutoScriptSACD/

/mnt/sda1/AutoScriptSACD # ./sacd_extract_160 -I

[0]: convert_string(): Conversion not supported. Charsets: ISO646-JP -> UTF-8

Processing [Columbia Symphony Orchestra, Bruno Walter - Beethoven Symphony No.6 in F Major, Op.68 Pastorale.iso] (1/1)..

Completed: 100% (1676.5MB), Total: 100% (1676.5MB) at 2.97MB/sec

Exactly the result I got.

856A66BF-77DE-4A81-9DD3-9EC6129728D2.jpeg

21 hours ago, Phthalocyanine said:

@kennyb123

Could you please post the firmware version of your S-590s?

M12.R.0497

510 is waiting to be applied

8 hours ago, Phthalocyanine said:

@kennyb123

Another reason for not upgrading it that it appears that your firmware M12.R.0497  is the last S-590 firmware to be Cinavia-free.

I will hold off for sure.  Thanks for your insights.