IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

I need help.

I have used this way to rip 50+  sacd's over the past couple years. 

I have recently moved the Oppo 103 to a new location in my house. Same internet/modem. 

Turned on Oppo. Plugged in the same thumbdrive I have been using. The drawer didn't open. Power cycled Oppo and tried again. Drawer still didn't open.

I Opened the 'iso2dsd_gui.exe' on my laptop and double checked the ip address and it was the same. Hit 'execute' and after a little while I got the 'failed to connect' error message. Checked the thumbdrive and all 3 AutoScript files were on there, but as I read the instructions it states that the files should be in a folder named Autoscript in the root drive.

So I created a new folder on the thumbdrive, moved the 3 files to 'new folder', and then renamed folder 'AutoScript'. Power cycled the 103, inserted thumbdrive and still no joy. Still get 'failed to connect'.

Turned off and disconnected VPN just in case and still won't work.  Unplugged the Oppo wireless adapter and hardwired the network connection, still nothing.

What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

No. it was one of the things I checked. The Oppo's address is the same. I'll triple check to make sure, but I don't think that's it.

The only thing I can think to do that I haven't tried, is to get a new thumbdrive. Possible that after a few years it has become corrupted somehow.

• 4 months later...

My 103 is on the latest Oppo FW and works fine.

I do not have any 'all region' firmware or hardware, so I cannot speak to how that might affect SACD ripping. But it works fine with the latest FW update. 

IIRC there were some problems with streaming movie files that was caused by some updates, but SACD ripping as described here works fine.

I did have a problem with my 103 when I left a usb thumbdrive in the rear port that I used to back-up my settings. Once I removed it everything worked as it should. Just a head's up if you plan to back up your settings.

The Oppo usb 'wireless dongle' does not inhibit the SACD ripping, so you can use it if you want.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, kenval said:

Hi, Just purchased a oppo 103 and come back to ripping sacd ( had a pioneer 160 but this went dud. Everything set up as previously the issue I have is the server address. the sonore server requires 5 fields but network ip of the 0pp0 only has 4 :   192.168.1.182 and the software adds a 0 to the 5th field and will not connect. 

Perhaps someone can help?

Wired connection.

Try adding      :2002          in the last spot.  That's a colon not a period.

• 9 months later...
On 2/2/2022 at 11:28 AM, Kal Rubinson said:

I would not use the word "manipulate."  They all are designed to simply extract the SACD data to ISO and/or to extract the DSD from the ISO.  However, the earliest ones had faults in how the output was packaged leading to noises on track transitions.  My preference is to use the SACDExtractGUI method with the latest compatible versions of sacd_extract.exe.

Please excuse my ignorance. I have been using the methods (and files) from this thread for years with these files on my thumbdrive with my Oppo 103D.

Is there newer/better firmware I should be using?

Screenshot (4).png

19 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

The AutoScript used in the Blu-ray player shown in your screenshot has not changed, keep using that exact folder on the USB flash drive. 

The sacd_extract.exe found in the GUI folder on your PC has changed/updated several times over the years, and yes v7 is old, 3.9.3 is current.

Replace that specific file with the latest enhanced version found on EuFlo's GitHub (scroll to the very bottom to reveal the Assets).

If you are using ISO2DSD, you might also wish to consider updating the GUI too, as mindset's SACDExtractGUI offers some additional functionality not found in ISO2DSD.

I keep getting 'failed to connect' error. I'm sure it's how the files are on the thumbdrive, but apparently, I don't understand the instructions and am doing it wrong.

I took the thumbdrive I had been using successfully before (last time a week ago) and replaced the sacd_extract.exe that was in there with sacd_extract-0.3.9.3-107-win64 . Would not connect. Drawer opened, I loaded an sacd and shut drawer. Opened the iso2dsd_gui.jar file from inside my SACD folder on the harddrive where it's located. Checked the IP address to make sure it jived with the Oppo's address and hit execute, and got 'failed to connect. I tried the older iso2dsd.exe file and it also failed.

I then decided to start new and reformatted the thumbdrive to fat32 to wipe it clean. Sent the old AutoScript and AutoScript.TSS files along with the new sacd_extract file to the thumbdrive. Here is where I'm confused. The instructions say to put the folders in a folder named AutoScript , so I created a new folder 'AutoScript' on the thumbdrive and moved the 3 folders into it. (See attached)

Inserted the thumbdrive in the Oppo, drawer opened, loaded disc and shut.

Opened the iso2dsd files (tried both .exe and. jar). Programs opened and IP address was still correct, hit execute and still get 'failed to connect.

I'm sure it's something simple I've done wrong, but don't know what. Guessing I don't understand the 'root file' thing. Please help.

Tom

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (5).png

• 1 year later...

Kit,

The Oppo 103 will only output DSD from its HDMI#2 out.

If you are using HDMI#1 out from the Oppo it needs to be set to PCM or AUTO under- Setup > Audio Format Setup > SACD Output > PCM or Auto (auto will choose pcm). If it's set to DSD it will appear to be playing looking at the screen but there will be no sound.

Just a thought.