IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and just want to say Wow! and thanks for all the Guides and information in this thread.

I just managed to rip my SACDs using a Sony BDP-S490 I bought on Ebay for 40 Euro. Its amazing how easy it is, once I figured out to turn on standby-mode.

Now I have another question, and hope you don't mind me posting it here:

Is it possible to rip Bluray- and CD-Audio in a similar manner?

I know I can do it using a PC with an optical drive. The problem is I´m on an iMac and it doesn't have an optical drive. Of course I can connect an external one, but the Sony is connected to the network anyway...

Thanks for all those replies.

Sorry if I caused some confusion with my question. I'm aware of various ways to rip Audio-CDs and BluRays using a PC/Mac. I just thought that the SACD-ripping tools using the Sony player connected to the Network are so comfortable, that it would have been fantastic if similar tools existed for CD/BlueRay. I understand that at least for BluRay its not that easy, because you have a lot of Audio-Streams on them and need to select them properly.

So in conclusion, CD and BuRay ripping needs to be done with a PC/Mac. So I´ll just hook up my external drive to the iMac via USB and do as usual...