IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Good morning! Just found this thread this morning and trying on my Oppo BD-103. It's been a struggle.

First it is firmware BDP10x-83-1226

Second. It's been working great with an external drive attached through the front USB port, and it works great using MC25 as a server. 

My first struggle was getting the door to open but that is now working. I can't get ISO2DSD to connect though.  I can ping the Oppo on the network, and in my router I've done the port mapping to allow 2002 to go to 192.168.0.17 which is the Oppo address. 

When I try to connect, I get what you see in this attachment. I thought at first that one of my three instances of MC25 on my network may be trying to connect and hold something open, so I turned "My Network" off on the Oppo with no luck.

Snap221.jpg.590ae8e4e9d4db9b8ddc8e5ba61eced9.jpg

So I'm at a loss. I've rechecked the files (and getting these correct is probably my problem) but I've read multiple explanations of the file names and extensions/contents, so at this point I'm not really sure if what I have is completely correct or not. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

3 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

I don't see an enclosing folder called AutoScript, though there is one folder there that has two dots as it's name?

I don't know what that is, but the flash drive structure needs to have an enclosing folder called AutoScript at the root level, and inside of that enclosing folder are the 3 items above in your screenshot.

So if that folder is called dot dot, it needs to be called AutoScript, and it houses the other 3 files. Make sure that AutoScript enclosing folder is at the root level of the drive, and you are then good to go.

Sorry, yes, there is a folder at the root called AutoScript that contains those files

Snap223.jpg.2f503f62b7ea88e0998086b72c2c995d.jpg

15 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

Hmmm, the file sizes you have don't match those on my Oppo AutoScript folder.

I suggest deleting the AutoScript folder you have there, and download use this one

The downloaded file sizes should be 141 bytes each for the AutoScript and AutoScript.TSS files, and 353 KB for the sacd_extract file.

The sizes are correct now. Still no luck. The tray opens, I close it, go to iso2dsd and get the same error message. Those 1k files are 141 bytes

Snap224.jpg

6 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

Very strange, the error message you are getting is typical when there is no enclosing folder called AutoScript.

Other than that, some people have made it work miraculously by using a different USB flash drive, even though it appears the original flash drive should be fine (i.e. MBR partition scheme). The only thing that would seem to explain that is their flash drive that did not work has a hidden partition of some sort.

If you have a different flash drive on hand, try it. If not, consider reformatting the drive you have so that you are sure it has just the one partition with MBR as the partition scheme.

PS - you did turn off any Autostart/Autoplay/Autoresume type of settings on the Oppo? That is necessary, you don't want the machine to try to start playing the disc all by itself, so double check those settings in the 103's on-screen displayed menus.

Yes, all of the "auto" settings are off. Let me did up another flash drive and start over. The usb drive I'm currently using was just formatted this morning, but who knows, I've seen stranger things. I'll let you know how it goes. 🙂 Thanks for your help so far. 

Ha! Discovered something. 

I swapped SACD's. The SACD that didn't work is:

• Carpenters - with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

I stuck this SACD in:

• Blood, Sweat & Tears - Original Master Recording

The Carpenter SACD is brand new... I wonder if there isn't something about it that prevents this type of copying? 

Right now, BS&T is ripping without issue. 

1 minute ago, Redbeemer said:

Yeah, I was wondering about that as I recently purchased the Redbook CD version of this and, if there is an SACD version, I wasn't aware of it, otherwise I would have bought that instead of the CD.

I haven't turned on the Oppo for a while, and that disk just happened to be in there. I didn't really think too much about it simply because I almost NEVER listen to a CD on the Oppo, all of my CD's are already ripped, so in the back of my mind I was thinking SACD.  It never even occurred to me until BS&T started working. 

I retired last November after 30 years in technology and years as a network systems engineer. This is one of those days where I overthought everything and just assumed it was a configuration/setup problem, and I know better. 

I appreciate you taking your time to help me out, sorry I wasted it! 🙂

• 3 weeks later...