IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Hello, I am new to this whole process and downloaded the files and the Sonore application. The USB file seems to be working as it opens the drawer for me to load an SACD. The problem comes from the Sonore and I keep getting the following error message:

Failed to connect

libsacdread: Can't open x.x.x.x.0 for reading ( I took the IP address from the Oppo and did not enter a Port number)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

5 minutes ago, Redbeemer said:

Yes, that should work just fine.  Of course, you will need some sort of screen so you can see the files and select the one you want.  You can either connect the Oppo to a TV or monitor or you can use the Oppo Media Player app on your phone or tablet.

Perfect, thank you very much! So happy to be able to back up all my SACD's and consolidate into one library!!

After this project it will be working on doing the same thing with my BD and DVD-A discs, hoping there is a solution as good as this one!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
13 hours ago, Timb5881 said:

Found an SACD that does not rip well.  The soundtrack to O Brother Where Art Thou.  Tried ripping it twice and file always comes out as unreadable.  No problems with the other's I have ripped.

Hi, I also have this SACD and had no problem ripping it with iso2DSD. I am sure you have tried powering down and removing the USB stick and powering back up again, this has worked for me when on occasion a disc wouldn't rip.

• 1 year later...