IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Hello All, 

I was hoping you could help with something.  

Like many I was happy to hear that we could now rip our SACD's and so I got my hands on an Oppo BDP103. I have downloaded all the necessary files but, run into an error, each and every time. 

I have spotted that others have struggled with the same problem, but after going through the thread I cannot seem to find if anybody has been able to solve this. I am running it on a Mac, and see that others have been successful.

My apologies, if it is mentioned but I just missed it.

Many Thanks, 

Rohan

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 20.26.46.png

Your problem description is somewhat lacking. You don't write what exactly you have done and what exactly you observe, and how and when it differs from your expectation. Does you player open the drawer after you have powered it on with the USB stick inserted?

My apologies, for the lack in description, so I have followed the steps mentioned here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fsigs8b3m24ld56/AACV2LC2EHfEdiS41fQmlKPxa?dl=0. The tray does not open which was the first hint something was not going well.

if not, try writing the image I've uploaded a few pages ago to your stick (using diskutil / Disk Utility / or, if you know what you're doing, dd), or the instructions posted by others to partition and format the stick "properly".

Will try and find that one now and feedback if that helped or not.

No, I cannot ping the device f that's not the problem, can you ping the player? Are your mac and the player in the same network or is there a firewall between them? as it comes back with an error saying:

[RUNNING][ping, -c, 3, -W, 1, 192.168.1.15]

PING 192.168.1.15 (192.168.1.15): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

--- 192.168.1.15 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

[DONE]

[FAILURE] Port 2002 of 192.168.1.15 is inaccessible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi All, 

Like Lkdog, I was not able to get the Sonore app to work. Which is odd as it did work. No clue why it has stoped working. All the files were in the right place, but no joy. Oppo tray opened up but the Sonore App just didn't work.

But using the SACDExtractGUI, which I had used before, just forgot about it. It worked like a charm. Happily ripping away.

Thanks Lkdog for your post, as I was about to loose my marbles.