IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

10 hours ago, BluRay444 said:

>Could be a corrupted file, either during download or from origin 

>Incomplete download, stopped at 99% done or similar

>Certain web browsers mishandling a file during or after the download process

>A bug

See:

How to Open a Zip File That Turns Into a CPGZ:

https://osxdaily.com/2013/02/13/open-zip-cpgz-file/

Hi, thank you.  Appears still have a problem.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Redbeemer said:

Although the other members have been very helpful in showing you other players which can perform the SACD ripping, I thought I would mention that Oppo Support/Service is still providing both warranty and non-warranty service on all Oppo players.  I sent my 93 back for repair and paid a flat $75, including return shipping for the repair.  They installed a complete new optical drive in my unit and my unit was returned very quickly to me (turns out the Oppo was fine, but they installed the new optical drive anyway since I had already paid to ship it to them; my bad, I didn't check my hdmi cable).  So if your Oppo dies in the near future, you can probably get it put back to "factory fresh" condition for a nominal fee.  Of course, I have no idea how long Oppo will continue to provide service since they no longer sell any new products.

Thank you!  This is very helpful.

42 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

This list is current and up to date excepting the omission of the Sony UHP-H1, and the Marantz UD7007, both of which were found to be compatible during mid-2020.

The Sony UHP-H1 may require a custom AutoScript, I don't remember the full details there anymore as I have yet to find an affordable example to test on my own, but at least two members did have success with it. The EU version of that machine might have a firmware which deletes Quick Start mode, and if so, it will only rip using the awake-server method.

The Marantz UD7007 uses the same AutoScript version as the Sony BDP-S790, and Denon DBT-3313.

Thank you very much for providing extra options.  I noticed Marantz UD5007 also has an Ethernet connection with SACD capability.  Wonder if anyone has any successful experience with that unit?  Of course, with these two conditions it just means a possibility.  

• 1 month later...

Have gone through two routers in the past few years, first Linksys, and TP-Link AC-1750, and never had issues until now, with newly purchased ASUS AX5400.  After changing the IP address defined by the new router for Oppo 103, the Java Script stated that IP address not recognized.  From the network map of ASUS AX5400 user interphase, the Oppo 103 was clearly visible with IP address.  Once click the Execution button, got blank page, appearing there was something going on until one or two min later, the error message mentioned above showed up.  Switch back to TP-Link and everything was back to normal.  I have had ASUS AX5400 for about couple weeks.  It works seamlessly with HQPlayer and SoTM streamer when did the transition.  Wonder if anything obvious I have been missing here?  What else I should look into to nail down the issue?  Thank you very much for your insight!

I assume that you didn't change the Oppo to the same IP address you used with your old router?  Every router comes with a range of IP addresses which it uses to assign to the devices connected to it.  I ran into a similar problem many years ago when I switched from another brand of router to my first Asus router and wasn't able to find one of my devices that I knew was attached to my network and which I had always been able to find previously.  So your new router may not recognize the address you assigned to your Oppo.  Is the address you gave to the Oppo a fixed (static) address or did the router's DCHP give it the address?

Yes, I changed the IP address with the new one assigned by AX5400.  I actually changed back to the original IP address when switching back to TP-Link.  Never had issues with TP-Link.  I used DCHP.

I assume that you didn't change the Oppo to the same IP address you used with your old router?  Every router comes with a range of IP addresses which it uses to assign to the devices connected to it.  I ran into a similar problem many years ago when I switched from another brand of router to my first Asus router and wasn't able to find one of my devices that I knew was attached to my network and which I had always been able to find previously.  So your new router may not recognize the address you assigned to your Oppo.  Is the address you gave to the Oppo a fixed (static) address or did the router's DCHP give it the add

2 hours ago, BluRay444 said:

1. Are you connecting wirelessly or do you have a wired ethernet connection?

2. What OS is the computer you're using have installed on it?

3. Can you ping the Oppo from your computer using the IP address your router has assigned to it?

4. Can you ping the Oppo with the IP + port number?

(For future, it would be better if you assigned a fixed IP address to your Oppo- DHCP leases do expire periodically and there's no guarantee that the same one will be assigned to the Oppo.)

Will try to Ping the Oppo from my computer.  It is Mac Mini M1 with Bug Sur as an OS.  Thank you for the suggestions.  

2 hours ago, BluRay444 said:

You didn't mention it was an M1 based computer- clearly you did not have this Mac mini when you previously tested it with the LinkSys and TP-Link routers. So to clarify, when you said you went back to the TP-Link and everything was fine, you're talking about using the M1 with the Linksys? And were you able to rip an SACD with the M1? The reason I ask is because the M1 is a RISC based processor and previous Macs have been CiSC based; CiSC based software written for CiSC processors must be re-compiled to run on the M1, Apple provides an Software Development Kit for this, but whether or not this has been done for the software you're using on the Mac mini M1 is unknown to me, but we're still in the early stages of M1, and the above is about OS X-based software, I don't know what the situation is with M1 if you're using Terminal to extract SACDs... 

In the meantime, clarify the hardware used for the positive results and negative results, and if you've been able to fully execute the ripping process with those combinations.

Thank you for offering the advice.  In the original post, I mentioned that once switched back to TP-Link with corresponding IP address, everything works fine.  I have been using M1 and TP-Link started from last Dec..  The transition from 2015 MacBook to Mac Mini M1 was effortless.

6 hours ago, BluRay444 said:

1. Are you connecting wirelessly or do you have a wired ethernet connection?

2. What OS is the computer you're using have installed on it?

3. Can you ping the Oppo from your computer using the IP address your router has assigned to it?

4. Can you ping the Oppo with the IP + port number?

(For future, it would be better if you assigned a fixed IP address to your Oppo- DHCP leases do expire periodically and there's no guarantee that the same one will be assigned to the Oppo.)

Just tested the Ping, be able to get response from IP address, but not with port number :2002.  Thank you for your help.  

6 minutes ago, BluRay444 said:

So, for clarification, you have used the M1 and Oppo via the TP-Link router and you were able to successfully extract an SACD using the same version of SACD_extract and OS X and you haven't changed IP addresses or anything else?

Pull the ethernet cable on the Oppo and ping the IP address to make sure you get no response, just to make sure the ASUS router hasn't DHCP'd that address to another device on your network.

Yes, M1/TP-Link/Oppo have been working great for the past several months.  I have changed the IP address designated by new ASUS Router, and I got response from Oppo by Ping this IP address but not its extended IP address with :2002. 

6 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

If they had been working great for the past several months then they should continue to do so, and there must be other stuff going on with your network changes that are preventing the rips.

The v6 of sacd_extract is very old, however if you said it was working on an M1-based Mac already, then there is no reason why it shouldn't continue to do so.

Yes, it has been running great.  M1 works well with the existing platform I have.  The Java was pretty new, I downloaded the newer version later last year upon the suggestion I got from here.  I tried to search a newer version for sacd_extract.  It should be in Sonore’s official web site.  Did not realize it was that old already.