IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Hello Forum members

I'm stuck ! - with my ripping process unfortunately. I have been looking around on this fora for solutions but in vain.

I have en Sony BDP-S380 and it does not open the tray efter the USB-drive has been inserted. It includes only a folder named : AutoScript, with 3 files: AutoScript, sacd_extract, and Autoscript.TSS

- the first two files has no file-association.

I hope that is correct ?

s380 is connected to LAN and has a valid IP address. I can see the AutoScript folder on the USB in the player menu.

The s380 has been prepared in Settings, as recommended :

Factory reset.

Quick Start : enabled

HDMI CEC controls : Deactivated

BD Internet connection : Do not allow

DSD Output mode : Off

Can anyone help getting the tray going for me ?

PS: I Use PC and windows 7 - I can ping the s380 player from the PC.

Thanks  ;o)

About BDP-450: The tray opens, but it does not close by itself.

It has an uncomfy sub-playback menu. There are no such thing as just to press the playback button on the remote once you have loaded a bluray/DVD. No !! You have to chose playback in a sub-menu first !!!

I suppose the rip will not be possible if the tray does not close by itself ?

Well, now into the new year !! …...- By the way; Happy New Year to all in this Fora......Now the tray will not open at all with the USB-stick inserted. All buttons on the player and remote seems to work alright when operated.

I suppose it terminates all further testing ?  :O(

Alright, I refuse to give up since you great people think there is a chance !

The latest news is that the player has to be unpluged from 230 volt - otherwise the tray will not open, but done so, it is consistant.

First an ikon shows in the top right corner of the player menu that the player is connecting to the network. Then the tray opens and stay open. If I press the close buttom; it closes alright. If Autoplay is enabled is starts playing the SACD. If not enabled nothing happens. On the PC (win 7) I have installed Sonore ISO2DSD. Chosen server input. Correct IP address and port. Channel mode: Dual. Output mode: Raw ISO. Press 'Execute' and ...

Failed to connect

libsacdread: Cant't open 192.168.1.7:2002 for reading

I can ping the player from the PC and I have disabled the windows firewall. Disabling Autoplay makes no difference.

Sort of !! If I unplug the player from the 230 volt. Plug it on again. Insert the usb-pen. Turn on the player with the remote. The player reads from the pen and opens the tray. Fine !! If I then turn off the player with the remote (the tray will close) and turn it on again with the remote the tray will not open but it will read from the usb-pen (led on usb-pen is blinking). I can do this again and again and the tray will never open even though the player reads from the pen every time. If I then unplug the player from 230 volt and plug it in again. Turn on the player with the remote the tray will open after the player has read from the USB-pen. That's is just how it is. The player works alright in all player-functions / functionality as a bluray player. Nothing is damaged.

My player has the latest software v. 2.19

I am looking for a relevant Sony model by now !!

When I insert a SACD (Hybrid type) - close the tray with the remote and return to the PC and start up the software I get the connection error message in the software I have already mentioned.

What are the so called Pioneer / Oppo server method step by step ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

# Nexus3

...and others ofcause…..

I have a Sony BDP-S790 but no Linus computer and do not understand much of code command. Can you refer me to a place where I can download the ready made files (special treatment for the BDP-S790 / sacd_extract_6200) - for the USB-stick so I can just copy them to a USB-stick ? - and get on with the rip process. 

PS: What firmware version is ideal for ripping on BDP-S790 ? Can you update firmware backwards or forward as you please or can I risk that the firmware version on my player will never make it a SACD ripper ?

Thanks

Hello to all ☺️, …...Especially Nexus3 (#4200) and Dick Darlington (#4207).

I suppose the up coming binary Nexus3 has talked about is what Dick is disclosing in #4200 ?

According to the overview spread sheet Nexus3 has made (#4239) there are quite a few approaches to the rip process but since I have the BDP-S790 that includes only Remote rip to PC / Sleep-Server using the sacd_extract_6200 file.

I really need a step by step - how to guide. Can I use the guide which Dick talks about (#4207):" @Phthalocyanine's S590 local method guide and a few others in my SACD Ripping Guides and Such Dropbox folder". If yes, are there any elements / steps which deviates from the "S590m local method" except that sacd_extract_6200 will replace sacd_extract_160.

By the way ! - when you download the sacd_extract_6200 file (ziped) and unfold it - it has no fil-association. Should I rename it to sacd_extract_6200.exe to make it an executable - or just copy it to the USB-stick and leave it on the USB-stick as it is ?

A dedicated guide to the Sony BDP-S790 would be really nice - thanks anyway to all  😉

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a report back to Phthalocyanine - more precisely about the Sony BDP-S790 and the downloadable guide at # 4377 and the instructions on #4260 about the use of sacd_extract_160 vs. sacd_extract_6200.  Your file replacement thoughts are correct.If you follow all the instructions in the guide: "SACD Backup (Awake-Server Method) Sony BDP S390/490/590" # 4377 it will work alright for the Sony BDP-S790 !  The player can be added to the list/guide  - adding notes about the file replacement on the USB-stick.

I have some remarks about the process in Sonore ISO2DSD: There are no problems with the recommended settings in the guide but output has some issues. Channel mode: Dual, tick on Convert DST to DSD...and... tick in Print.

Output mode:

RAW ISO mode, creates a file as predicted. (playable on Foobar2000 with DSD plugin on a PC).

DSDIFF Edit Master mode, creates 2 files as predicted. (playable on Foobar2000 with DSD plugin on a PC).

SONY DSF mode, 'processing' but no files are transferfed to the folder created. What happened here ?

Philips DSDIFF mode, 'processing' but no files are transferfed to the folder created. What happened here ?

If I transfer the iSO-file or the 2 DSDIFF Edit Master, set of files to a USB-stick and try playback on the Sony BDP-790, there are no readable files.How can I convert these files (one of them or both) to a readable file-type whish can be read from the USB-port on the Sony BDP-790, keeping the high sound quality and not converting them into a PCM lower quality format ?

If I am all wrong here !

Can I burn the ISO files back onto a DVD using some particular burner software - and playback the DVD on the Sony BDP-790 ?

What is the best way to listen to the Music/files over the Stereo ? I have a Vincent tube-preamplifier SA-T7 with digital optical and coax inlets (no USB-inlet). The DAC is a Texas Instruments; PCM5100 chip 24 bit /192KHz.  (Maybe a Burr Brown ?)I also have a Simaudio Moon D260 CD-player (with DAC) with digital inputs and outputs (24 bit /192 KHz)

What is the best practical HiFi setup I can make using the ripped files as files ?