IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

I've been using this in Linux without issue to rip my SACDs from my Oppo.  It's worked great.  I'm having unrelated problems with that workstation, so I set this up on my Win 7 box.  I was able to rip to ISO without issue, but every time I tried to convert to DSF files, iso2dsd would start, "print" the contents correctly, create the destination folder and cue sheet, and then just hang at the first file conversion.  I tried SACD_extract from the command line on the ISO file, and it just crashes.  After a couple of hours trying to figure out what the problem is, I finally got the brilliant idea to try an SACD I had ripped before.  Grrrr.... no problem.

The problem disc is Arabella Steinbacher's new release of Britten/Hindemith violin concertos, on Pentatone.  I've ripped all my Pentatone discs in the past without issues.  In fact, this is the first disc I've every had any problem with.  Any ideas what the problem might be?  It plays fine, and I ripped it to flac with JRiver.  I tried stereo and multi-channel.  As I said, it looks like I can rip the ISO just fine (file size makes sense; I've never figured out how to play SACD ISO files in JRiver), just can't convert to .dsf.

• 3 weeks later...

Me again, again with a 'too long' file name problem.  From my previous post, I was able to remedy for a problem disc by shortening the name of the iso file. With the current problem disc (Tilson Thomas - Rite of Spring, again on Pentatone), I've tried reducing the name of the iso file I'm converting all the way down to '1.iso.'  With iso2dsd It makes it to the 4th track, where with all the title info, the file length is too long.  Any suggestions how to fix this?  I'm not seeing any way to do this.